Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 05:16 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,159,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Don't listen to any woman who says in this thread its not important. Since owning my one of my current vehicles (my best yet), I get far more female attention and interest.
You don't need to be a female to know this is bad advice. Common sense here. Do you enjoy getting attention for your THINGS, or for you? If a female likes you for your car, seriously, seriously do you want to date her? Unless you're trying for a quickie, which is fine.

You may be getting a different kind of female attention, from the ones who are either genuinely interested in cars themselves (not so much you), or the ones who are into you for material reasons. Most women aren't into cars, so are men OK with that kind of attention?

I seriously think of this thread as a man judging me whether I'm carrying a Louis Vuitton or a bag from Macy's. Or whether or not a girl wants to be my friend according to the designer I'm wearing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 06:58 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,958,646 times
My car (2011 Jag XFR) gets more attention from guys than women. (Tis ok, since I'm married, but still...lol) It's especially amusing when someone notices the booster seat in the back (pink, at that!).

--Dim

Old 03-25-2013, 07:07 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,582,558 times
Quote:
Don't listen to any woman who says in this thread its not important. Since owning my one of my current vehicles (my best yet), I get far more female attention and interest.
Yeah, and I get more 'attention' from men when I wear a ridiculously low cut shirt.

Doesn't mean it's good attention.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:09 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,715,991 times
Quote:
Yeah and we all know what type of women is interested in you

In my opinion a vehicle is a mode of transport. As long as it's clean I don't care what car or truck a man drives.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:28 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,570,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
You don't need to be a female to know this is bad advice. Common sense here. Do you enjoy getting attention for your THINGS, or for you? If a female likes you for your car, seriously, seriously do you want to date her? Unless you're trying for a quickie, which is fine.

You may be getting a different kind of female attention, from the ones who are either genuinely interested in cars themselves (not so much you), or the ones who are into you for material reasons. Most women aren't into cars, so are men OK with that kind of attention?

I seriously think of this thread as a man judging me whether I'm carrying a Louis Vuitton or a bag from Macy's. Or whether or not a girl wants to be my friend according to the designer I'm wearing.
You're absolutely correct - at least in your parting sentiment. Men generally aren't judging you whether you've got an LV or something cheaper from Macy's...most likely other women are doing that. It's sort of akin to a man and his fancy or not fancy wrist watch. The opposite sex will notice if you're wearing/carrying one or not, but few will be able to discern much beyond that, unless they're unusually hip to that sort of stuff. To most people a bag is a bag and a watch is a watch without delving into the esoteric details, or whether it cost 2 grand or 2 hundred.

But, cars are bit of a different topic and women are not men. Cars are basically rolling status symbols that are pretty universally recognized by everyone. Trying to convince everyone that a man in a Honda Civic is just as attractive as a man in a Bentley Continental GT is total baloney. Women may not like you simply because you drive a Bentley...you could still turn out to be a jerk she doesn't like, but women take notice of the male peacock's feathers whether they'll admit it or even consciously realize it or not. The fancy car is part of the human male's bright feathers and display of status.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:10 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,580,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
So the other day I was stuck in traffic but was checking out the new Porsche Boxter next to me (wow). As it pulled into the next ATM and the guy got out, I noticed the woman in the car next to me was checking out the guy all the way.

I own two cars, one is a high end sport car that gets lots of attention and the other is a 2003 Toyota Tacoma that I use to as a utility car. Lately I've been debating replacing the truck with a Range Rover Sport, e.g., do I really want another car payment, do I really want another car that boozes on gas (10mpg!), but then I say it will pull my boat easier, nicer to drive, and it's a chick magnet. lol I also now live in Southern California where there are more luxury cars on the freeway than I've ever seen elsewhere, along with more of these type of cars on the used car lots.

Anyway, since this is an anonymous forum, it would be interesting to hear opinions
, especially from women, about what is a guy's car says about him, if anything. May help some decide whether to do an upgrade, but I know there are a lot of wealthy guys who are frugal and will never get rid of that 1980s Volvo til the day they die.

P.S.: Okay to throw in comments about the Range Rover Sport since I'm interested.
You don't have to go out and buy a new car when you can customize one of the cars you already have that can generate as much attention as a Ferrari.

A nice set of rims, a nice paint job, and a good sound system will generate lots of attention for you. Be forewarned though, when you're attracting female attention through the use of your car, you will inadvertently be attracting the attention of carjackers and criminals; they will literally follow you home then come back at a later date to jack you.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
But, cars are bit of a different topic and women are not men. Cars are basically rolling status symbols that are pretty universally recognized by everyone.
So true. But what's funny is that just because a person drives a nice car, that doesn't automatically mean that the person even owns the car, and is financially stable.

I personalty know 2 people who are millionaires and one drives a Toyota Prius, and the other man drove an old Toyota Tercel hatchback for decades. On the other hand, I know many people who drive around in expensive luxury cars but they either lease it, or they bought the expensive car to keep up with the Joneses even though they really can't afford it.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Also I can't think of one reason why I would want a Range Rover let alone a Range Rover Sport. That vehicle doesn't have a single quality about it which makes it worth my money.
Yea... The Range Rover is garbage. It looks nice, but it's garbage. The OP should keep the Toyota. That engine and trans is built very well.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:30 AM

20,058 posts, read 18,263,423 times
If you don't have "It" --nothing will improve your luck with the ladies.

The ownership of a car like you described-- often comes across as trying too hard-- or trying to make up for lacking in another department.

Last edited by picklejuice; 03-25-2013 at 10:39 AM..

Old 03-25-2013, 10:52 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,894,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
You don't have to go out and buy a new car when you can customize one of the cars you already have that can generate as much attention as a Ferrari.

A nice set of rims, a nice paint job, and a good sound system will generate lots of attention for you. Be forewarned though, when you're attracting female attention through the use of your car, you will inadvertently be attracting the attention of carjackers and criminals; they will literally follow you home then come back at a later date to jack you.

Something like the pic you posted would be more for the purpose of impressing other guys, right. I don't see that it would really draw women in who wouldn't have been attracted to you without the car gimmicks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships