Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 10:00 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,777 times

Advertisements

Troll thread.

The OP starts a controversial topic, fuels the flames, then peaced out.

*yawn*

Old 03-26-2013, 10:09 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
That's all that was needed. I'm not going to give a background check to every person I want to have sex with. I didn't run background checks on the girls they did sleep with. A couple of married women told me upfront that they were married and I don't care at all. I continue to advance myself towards them (they never said no) and eventually I had sex with them. I'm only trying to sleep with her not "marry" her. I have no respect for your marriage or the concept of it. If a married woman doesn't want to deal with me then they don't need to explain. Just be adamant in your rejection and they weren't because they didn't want to.

So you're saying I'm missing genes for compassion? Whatever.
I can't say anything as an absolute, but based on what I've read it appears likely. And it is a whatever situation since it really doesn't matter if you are compassionate it or not.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:12 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Do people not have any clue about how the human mind works?
So then you agree that cheating is fueled by a subconscious desire to produce genetically diverse offspring?

Old 03-26-2013, 10:13 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
So then you agree that cheating is fueled by a subconscious desire to produce genetically diverse offspring?
I certainly think that that is a part of the equation, yes.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:16 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I disagree if that was truly the case then buying sperm is also an option or even getting it donated. It's not an uncommon arrangement to be honest. I've never cheated myself but the women who cheated with me surely didn't intend to get a hold of my sperm to breed with. I hope not at least.....

Old 03-26-2013, 10:35 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
It's not automatically enough to say that something is morally wrong because it has a potential to cause "harm." There can be some other value or principle that overrides (or is judged to override) the harm. If someone receives the death penalty, their family will feel terrible pain at their death--far worse than what anyone's likely to feel because of an affair. They won't magically not be affected because their loved one was (supposedly) a murderer. Yet I don't even hear many death penalty opponents arguing that this makes the death penalty immoral. While I'm personally opposed to the death penalty, regarding the point I've raised here, one could argue that giving a horrible criminal justice outweighs causing pain to his/her family. Similarly, if someone wants to sleep with a married person, it could be argued that they shouldn't be required to forfeit their sexual freedom just because the person's spouse has the potential to get their feelings hurt.
You're over complicating it. You either cause harm or can and don't care (repeat that to yourself) or you do. That will be based on your ability to experience compassion. Further, a value reference point is not random, but based on agreement of the societal collective. That's why individual opinion matters less.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:48 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Logic fail.

made no claim that national security and getting your rocks off were of the same priority.

Uh, they did when they said that the logic would follow that all espionage is immoral. Some is. Not all is.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:49 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
its bad karma...

like parking in a handi-cap spot, karma will get you with a vengeance
No such thing as karma.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:52 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Uh, they did when they said that the logic would follow that all espionage is immoral. Some is. Not all is.
Double logic fail.

You claimed that because what two individuals were doing was secretive made it wrong. Pi stated that some things that are done secretively are not wrong. Now you are claiming that not all things done secretively are wrong.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:56 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fareena View Post
Is it something you would consider?
My husband sleeps with a married woman every night.

He says it's the ONLY thing he would consider
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships