Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 05:52 PM

968 posts, read 1,138,245 times

Advertisements

For 3 1/2 years....you won't let them go.

You cannot be killed or burried.

You never give up on them.....never!

Lone Wolf McQuade (Best Scene) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 06:24 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,166,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
You care more about their feelings than your on.
You find yourself thinking about them and smiling.
You miss them as soon as you leave their side.
You think of them when a certain song comes on.
You find yourself doing little things especially for them, just because.
You want to be a better person because you want them to think highly of you.
You do the right thing, thinking of them and what it might mean long term.
Your eyes light up when they are in your presence (People notice when you are in love).
You feel a sense of peace and contentment when you are hanging out with them...Doesn't matter what you are. doing...everything becomes more interesting when they are involved.
You want the best for them...Which translates to the best for you both as a couple.
You take extra care w/ your grooming when you are meeting up with them, because it matters.
You start thinking an making decisions, even when alone...that are future oriented....I.E. You can't imagine taking a promotion that moves you away from them, unless you know they would want to go to.
And, everything varies....it is individual to each person...But, essentialy what is important to them becomes important to you.
What a lovely list, I totally agree.

I love that my man and I can not talk for hours (watching a movie, reading) and it's not awkward, just relaxing.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:28 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
What a lovely list, I totally agree.

I love that my man and I can not talk for hours (watching a movie, reading) and it's not awkward, just relaxing.

That's a pretty good sign he truly considers you his best freind, imo. That's just what guys do when they're together. lol

We are perfectly content, sitting for hours saying practically nothing to eachother.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
That's a pretty good sign he truly considers you his best freind, imo. That's just what guys do when they're together. lol

We are perfectly content, sitting for hours saying practically nothing to eachother.
Too much chatter can be annoying.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:12 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Too much chatter can be annoying.
Shhhh......

Old 03-24-2013, 07:14 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Shhhh......

Sorry I'm female. We don't know how to. Lol

That's a lie I love my quiet times.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:35 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
We all have pet peeves that our mates do that irk us. When you realize that you love your mate more because of those pet peeves, you've found a deep love.

To clarify: She likes to leave the dirty dishes on the table after dinner. It bugs you. In time you realize that's part of who she is, so you love her more because of it. No matter what she does, you love her more for it. That's love.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:14 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,623 times
Love is partly a choice. I believe in love at first sight having experienced it not once but twice in my life thus far. However, people sometimes say its bs because they have never been in the right state of mind to experience it. You've got to be open. And you just know, for me it's a feeling of being magnetized to that person. You always (as a female, though I'm sure some men go through this too) want to be around that person. You just can't get enough of them. I furthermore believe in love at first sight because the two times it happened to me were the longest relationships I had and worked the best. The one time I was in love and I remember rather than at first sight he grew on me, I remember making the choice to let him in to my heart. That was the most I've ever been hurt in my life. But love is worth the vulnerability it brings. It is what life is all about. When you are in love everything is easy and bright and happy. I wish you all true love
oh and it's a comfort thing. You are happy to go home to that person, rather than dreading it or simply having to run home to fu*k then all night, when it's love not simply infatuation , attraction or lust.

Last edited by lastwomanstanding; 03-24-2013 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: Got carried away with my romantic thoughts and forgot to answer the question lol.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:56 PM

426 posts, read 558,902 times
When u see them cry for the first time your heart starts beating faster and you want to just grab them, hold them and never let go. While you are holding them its like someone punched you in the gut and ripped your heart out.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:38 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,176,546 times
Quote:
You REALLY want to make them happy and that feeling never ceases.
I'm finding myself in that state of mind. Wow..true!

..and I agree with a lot of this, too....

Quote:
You care more about their feelings than your on.
You find yourself thinking about them and smiling.
You miss them as soon as you leave their side.
You think of them when a certain song comes on.
You find yourself doing little things especially for them, just because.
You want to be a better person because you want them to think highly of you.
You do the right thing, thinking of them and what it might mean long term.
Your eyes light up when they are in your presence (People notice when you are in love).
You feel a sense of peace and contentment when you are hanging out with them...Doesn't matter what you are. doing...everything becomes more interesting when they are involved.
You want the best for them...Which translates to the best for you both as a couple.
You take extra care w/ your grooming when you are meeting up with them, because it matters.
You start thinking an making decisions, even when alone...that are future oriented....I.E. You can't imagine taking a promotion that moves you away from them, unless you know they would want to go to.
And, everything varies....it is individual to each person...But, essentialy what is important to them becomes important to you.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships