Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 07:09 PM

3 posts, read 21,594 times

Advertisements

I went to this amazing first date with a guy I had randomly met a couple of days before.
He brought me to the best possible place and behaved really well. Perfect gentleman. Couldn't have asked for a better date. We went for coffee in the afternoon btw.
I gladly agreed to a second date the day after when he asked me to go for drinks. Again to an amazing place. However, there was something off with that evening.. I have like a gutt feeling that he might be just a player.

He introduced me to a girl friend of his as "his friend" (ok we have been on only two dates, but he could have introduced me by only my name without the friend part). He was very gentlemanly that evening too, but I think it was weird he didnt compliment me or try to hold my hand or something. But he always looked a lot at me in the eyes and talked a lot (not boring though).
At the end of the evening I thought he didnt like me more than a friend, but then when i was about to get out of his car, he kissed me. Like real tongue kiss. I was really turned on by it so I kissed back. Then with a smirk in his face he said "bye"

(Im 20 he is 25)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 07:11 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Well you aren't his girlfriend yet; I think he is being careful.

It sounds like he is being respectful and taking his time to get to know you. No need to hump all over you right now, right?

Old 03-25-2013, 07:30 PM

11,394 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Here's a news flash: most people don't have firm intentions on the first few dates. They could have any number of things going on in their minds.

How they feel is subject to change.
There is no predestination.
The situation is fluid.
It may or may not be all about you.

Frustrating yes. Just try to keep breathing. Be patient.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:48 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
So, you're already worried after 2 dates?

I wouldn't worry about it until he's obvious.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:07 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unigirl21 View Post
I went to this amazing first date with a guy I had randomly met a couple of days before.
He brought me to the best possible place and behaved really well. Perfect gentleman. Couldn't have asked for a better date. We went for coffee in the afternoon btw.
I gladly agreed to a second date the day after when he asked me to go for drinks. Again to an amazing place. However, there was something off with that evening.. I have like a gutt feeling that he might be just a player.

He introduced me to a girl friend of his as "his friend" (ok we have been on only two dates, but he could have introduced me by only my name without the friend part). He was very gentlemanly that evening too, but I think it was weird he didnt compliment me or try to hold my hand or something. But he always looked a lot at me in the eyes and talked a lot (not boring though).
At the end of the evening I thought he didnt like me more than a friend, but then when i was about to get out of his car, he kissed me. Like real tongue kiss. I was really turned on by it so I kissed back. Then with a smirk in his face he said "bye"

(Im 20 he is 25)
What are his "intentions"?

After just 2 dates, I'd say his intention is to figure out if he wants to ask you out for a third date, lol.

Odds are pretty good at this point he will since both dates seemed to have gone pretty well.

At your age, play it smart though.

Remember what "the Matchmaker" Patty Stanger always says, "No sex until monogamy!" - THAT'S how you know he's not a player.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:36 PM

727 posts, read 1,532,825 times
She's 20, he's 25. Oh you crazy kids!

I can tell you that even in my mid-30's that transition from a couple dates to becoming an item is a turbulent one. He may very well like you, but he could be afraid to show you out of fear of scaring you off. Give it a few more dates, and hopefully he'll show you his true colors.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:37 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
OP, it sounds like your dates went well. I think it is too early to worry about his "intentions". It sounds like he likes you, take you to nice places, is a gentleman, and is interested in you. Go with the flow.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:34 AM

But it's like he just suddenly stuck his tongue in my mouth, there wasn't really any romance in that moment. And since he didn't really do any typically romantic gestures during the date I have the feeling he only likes me that way.. Too early to judge though?

Old 03-26-2013, 07:25 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,574,849 times
How did he take you for Drinks if you are only 20?

Old 03-26-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
How did he take you for Drinks if you are only 20?
Forgot to mention this is in Europe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships