Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 12:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

Why would a woman mace a guy who asked for her number?
Use your brilliant brain. If a man repeatedly bothers you for it, he may get sprayed. If he comes out to the parking lot and harasses you still. Spray or tazered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 12:10 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,295,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Use your brilliant brain. If a man repeatedly bothers you for it, he may get sprayed. If he comes out to the parking lot and harasses you still. Spray or tazered.
Did your brilliant brain draw some connection between approaching a woman and harassing a woman?

I've been brilliant enough to get a few numbers in my day and have never been maced or tazed (well, I've been tazed, but not by a woman whom I had approached).

Old 03-26-2013, 12:20 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Why depend solely on cold approaches, when you have other options? Join some activities or organizations where people your age participate. Let people get to know you. Didn't you claim before that you were just outside Chicago? If that is, in fact, where you are, Chicago has soccer leagues that are great as a singles scene, and according to one poster here, they meet on certain weeknights, not sure about the weekends. Soccer leagues have resulted in many marriages, where I used to live. Do something, anything, to place yourself in a regularly-scheduled activity where women congregate.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:21 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,599,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RimeofAncientMariner View Post
I ask this because I know that most people in relationships interacted with each other many times before they started dating - it's just very difficult to get a date with a girl based on 1 interaction, no matter how good looking or confident you may be (likely because in most cases, she has a ton of men courting her already who are much higher on her totem pole)
I don't think you need to worry about the bolded.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:18 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,601,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why depend solely on cold approaches, when you have other options? Join some activities or organizations where people your age participate. Let people get to know you. Didn't you claim before that you were just outside Chicago? If that is, in fact, where you are, Chicago has soccer leagues that are great as a singles scene, and according to one poster here, they meet on certain weeknights, not sure about the weekends. Soccer leagues have resulted in many marriages, where I used to live. Do something, anything, to place yourself in a regularly-scheduled activity where women congregate.
Oh, Ruth, you and your toaster club ideas. WHy should anyone limit themselves to soccer games, when they can approach someone they find attractive, anywhere they may be? Some people arent the "activity" types. Of course if you already go to soccer games, because you like soccer or play it or your kids play it, its a perfectly good place to meet someone, but signing up for one just for that reason, is weak at best.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:32 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,341,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RimeofAncientMariner View Post
I ask this because I know that most people in relationships interacted with each other many times before they started dating - it's just very difficult to get a date with a girl based on 1 interaction, no matter how good looking or confident you may be (likely because in most cases, she has a ton of men courting her already who are much higher on her totem pole)

So how much of a numbers game is the cold approach? Do you have to get 50 numbers to get 1 date in most cases?
It depends on a lot of factors. Some people will have to get 100 to get a date.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Dunno
That's why I suggested you go out and collect data so we could make a rough estimate.
I'd gladly do the data collecting.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yeah go ask a bunch of women for there #'s. I hope you have eyewash to get their Mace out.
WOW!

And y'all wonder why men don't approach.

(j/k)

Old 03-26-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why depend solely on cold approaches, when you have other options? Join some activities or organizations where people your age participate. Let people get to know you.
That's actually the smarter option, people.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:45 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,601,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
That's actually the smarter option, people.
Its only a smarter option, IF you actualy share those interests. If you sign up to meet women, youre a pathetic loser and they will know that as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships