Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 12:05 AM

601 posts, read 758,788 times

Advertisements

Most would deny it but looking throughout a broad range of categories throughout the forums, it seems like large number of women have a problem with male opinion. Do women really want to control so much? Does a man not have a right to be selective anymore or have an opinion??

Example, i was on the fitness category reading a thread from a girl really upset how men found muscular women unattractive. it was so bazaar to me it almost felt like she was angry that men's perspective of attractiveness didn't coincide with hers. Like she wants to go into every mans mind and change it.

ive noticed similar behavior with my female roommates. they try to over control an environment and if something doesnt go their way they throw a weird indirect tantrum.

Another example has been even within this section, where a guy shares a view that may not always agree with traditional gender roles..or what he personally finds attractive or weird in women..suddenly you have a herd of women calling him stupid, a loser, pathetic,gay

Seriously, whats up? whats the problem? can women not live with men thinking and living differently from them? can women not handle rejection? This is your time shine. speak up , be objective, and be clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 12:30 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,773,496 times
Both men and women as a gender have control issues. I don't know why you never knew this before. Ever seen a bossy little girl?

Old 03-28-2013, 12:41 AM

601 posts, read 758,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
Both men and women as a gender have control issues. I don't know why you never knew this before. Ever seen a bossy little girl?
good point! lol indeed. ive def noticed it with some guys too..i find it weird

Old 03-28-2013, 01:53 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Both genders disagree with each other. Maybe you're just girl crazy so you only notice the girls. :P

Old 03-28-2013, 02:45 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
real control issues- are psychotic...ive seen this first hand and it aint pretty...

but to be fair, you do have to separate , between if she is angry or not-because when angry, some women,,im sure men too, just go ballistic.. 0 to psycho in less than five minutes,

control has many levels of manipulation..
I always found this bizarre- if a woman had a very over-controlling mother....she seems to certaily rebel against that in her early 20's...but somewhere along the way, she starts to grow into what she despised about her controlling parent, and do similar things themselves-to spouses or kids..

Old 03-28-2013, 04:12 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
Example, i was on the fitness category reading a thread from a girl really upset how men found muscular women unattractive. it was so bazaar to me it almost felt like she was angry that men's perspective of attractiveness didn't coincide with hers. Like she wants to go into every mans mind and change it.

Another example has been even within this section, where a guy shares a view that may not always agree with traditional gender roles..or what he personally finds attractive or weird in women..suddenly you have a herd of women calling him stupid, a loser, pathetic,gay
I wouldn't gauge online behavior on CD as a my reference point. You can sometimes say the most subjective or opinion-based stuff on here and people will react by rolling out the e-Nukes on you. I haven't noticed women to be any worse than the men in this regard. I suppose it could depend on the sub-forum.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:27 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Well in the RS there is a bit of a herd mentality. I've noticed you tend to get a few women like this, others are more reasonable. A lot of people just can't stand it when someone's opinion doesn't agree with theirs. But I have noticed that groups who have been told how oppressed they are do tend to have the guard up.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:52 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
Not a tantrum thrower, but I am a control freak.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:59 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Anyone that is a Cardinal zodiac sign. -I'm a control freak with order.-Virgo.

Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:25 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,283,808 times
I just talked to a female friend who has issues with control. She said she's always been attracted to guys that she has to fix, but then gets heartbroken when they break up, because he didn't turn into the man she hoped he would. Good thing was that she said that she wouldn't know how to act if she ran into a guy that didn't need any fixing and challenged her intellectually. That's a problem that men and women have. We don't always know how to change our heart to match where our mind wants us to go. Think of the phrase "the heart wants what the heart wants." I believe we all know what we want mentally, but we keep going back to what we want emotionally, and that's why we get hurt continuously.

She chooses these men, by my opinion, because she feels she is over them and tries to control them to think like she does. That will not work, since that man has the freedom to think the way that he wants too. When two people don't line up with the majority of life goals, how do you two expect to work for the long haul?

Anyone else beeen witness to this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships