Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 12:19 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,929,537 times

Advertisements

I'm not the most boring person I know. But I can be a boring person if I want to be. I do not mind staying home most of the time and enjoying my evening alone. Being a single child does that to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 01:22 AM

4,043 posts, read 3,735,454 times
No, but I've been bored of the other person.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:22 AM

11,363 posts, read 24,317,763 times
I've known people who were always "on". That gets tiresome. You shouldn't judge yourself negatively based on the more outgoing personality of someone else. Maybe you aren't right for each other.

Introverts are not necessarily boring. Nor are extroverts inherently interesting.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:11 AM

175 posts, read 278,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Have you ever felt like you were too boring for someone? Like there's someone you're interested in but they are super interesting and fun and popular and entertaining and gregarious and you feel like you could never keep this person's interest?
Yes, this happens to me more often than not. What typically happens is a man will tell me I am "his rock." This is the beginning of the end. He will have a honeymoon period with my fiercely loyal and reliable support for a few months and then grow bored with me. He subsequently ditches me for the single life, then onto the hot party girl. Meanwhile, he send me "I miss you/I love you" texts/calls when drunk, which are all promptly ignored by me.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:30 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,511,725 times
Yes I have felt that way. I have gone out with women who just want to do everything, never want to sit still. And many times I just want to sit down and just be quiet. Then I would feel bad, because I am not out there doing something like they are doing, and it is usually downhill from there.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:14 AM

977 posts, read 1,809,866 times
Yeah, it's my biggest worry when it comes to dating. Not too worried about other stuff. I personally don't think I'm boring but fear that women will mistakenly think I am.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:17 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,134,256 times
i'm pretty boring and i tend to go for guys like you're describing. i think they like my boring-ness and stability. its a good balance. i will get involved in some stuff they like doing and be more social around them...i just don't tend to have the initiative to do those things on my own. then the other half of the time i will let them be to go do their own thing and the space is good for both of us.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:18 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,511,725 times
On the flip side of that though, and I hope this doesn't come off wrong, but what ticks me off is dating a woman who says I am boring, yet she hasn't done ANYTHING really exciting. I have traveled and done all sorts of things and like to hang out and such, yet she hasn't gone anywhere, and really doesn't have much to talk about, yet I am boring to her for whatever reason. When I stop being mad about it, I just chalk it up, to us not being compatiable, but it still irritates me.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:19 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,695,006 times
I have been flat out rejected for having 'boring hobbies,' (particularly knitting he didn't like) apparently besides your looks your hobbies have to be approved by men as well, which call me naive for not knowing this prior. I can't say I'm surprised though.... When these people go on dates they talk about the person was 'boring' and 'not entertaining,' what are they supposed to be doing, putting on a 3 ring circus? I thought it was a date where people....talk. But guess that's not how it goes now.

Either way it have not stopped me from pursuing my hobbies whether they like them or not.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:23 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,508,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Don't you think the people you truly love are the ones you can be yourself completely with?
I really agree with this. Yes, I have had those same feelings of not being witty, exciting or intelligent enough for certain men that I was attracted to before I met my husband. When I met him though, I realized I wanted someone I would feel comfortable around just being me. My husband is quiet, I am generally quiet - unless out with friends, and I enjoy the fact that we go for hours on a long drive without saying a word or feeling the need to entertain one another. It's very pleasant and comfy for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships