Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 07:39 PM

175 posts, read 279,445 times

Advertisements

This is an interest thread, OP.

My personal dealbreakers:

-sexist
-believes in traditional gender role adherence
-doesn't want kids
-lacks intelligence
-narcissism

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 08:26 PM

469 posts, read 566,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
The only total, irredeemable deal-breaker for me would probably be intentional, multiple (non-isolated and non-single occasion) instances of abuse (whether physical, emotional, psychological, or otherwise). Everything else, even a one-time instance of unfaithfulness, is potentially forgivable, IMO...
Abuse of any kind breaks down bonds and spirits definitely agree with you about that

Old 03-29-2013, 08:29 PM

469 posts, read 566,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetnights View Post
This is an interest thread, OP.

My personal dealbreakers:

-sexist
-believes in traditional gender role adherence
-doesn't want kids
-lacks intelligence
-narcissism

Thanks for noticing and responding and I agree it's interesting to see what people think

Old 04-02-2013, 03:48 PM

582 posts, read 1,118,712 times
1. Overweight or looks like he's about to give birth to ten puppies (there are very, very, very few valid excuses for a man to be overweight; men naturally have more muscle than women and muscle burns calories 24/7, soooooooooooo...) .

2. Poor personal and dental hygiene (e.g., rarely brushes his teeth, rarely flosses, never visits a dentist to have his teeth cleaned – ever, has breath that could start a brush fire, doesn't wash his face every morning, doesn't use antiperspirant, smells like a billy goat, etc.).

3. Doesn't watch sports (I don't need him "breathin' on me" 24/7; he needs something else – besides me – to occupy his free time, and I'd prefer that it be sports, preferably football).

4. Possessive/Controlling/Jealous/Insecure (if you don't trust me, you don't need me; yes, it really is that simple) .

5. Smoker (kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray; it's a very unpleasant experience – in my opinion).

6. Homophobic (he doesn't need to be friends with any gay people, however, he does need to be respectful of my gay friends, especially the "closeted" ones).

7. Financially insecure (he doesn't have to be a millionaire, but he does need to have enough money to pay at least half of the expenses for a weekend getaway – hiking, fishing, shrimp festival, chili cook-off, classic car show, auto show, animal sanctuary, spontaneous road trip, etc. – about once a month).

8. Single parent (I don't care if he has kids, I just don't want a guy who's a single parent because in my mind, he's probably looking for a woman to take care of his kid(s) because he's finally realized that being a full-time parent is expensive, time-consuming, and very, very stressful).

Old 04-02-2013, 04:01 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Clingy
BO
Poor teeth
Not proportional
Gives hummers at Frat parties to 35 guys
Doesn't want to do a threesome with Jessica Alba
Drives a Prius but leaves every light on in the house

Old 04-02-2013, 04:03 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Someone who lacks kindness or empathy
Bigots of any stripe
The devoutly religious
Rigidity
A hot temper
Very politically conservative (total values clash)
Unreliability
Lack of intellectual curiosity

What she said. ^^^^

Also, smoking, bad hygiene, and criminal behavior.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:07 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
If she's a Michigan Fan. Aint got time for that nonsense
No wonder your batting average is low Michigan supporters rule the world....j/k

Old 04-02-2013, 04:07 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,990 times
Umm...I guess emotional neglect. Feeling like my partner no longer cares about me and noticing it in his actions even after I communicate it to him repeatedly.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:11 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Clingy
BO
Poor teeth
Not proportional
Gives hummers at Frat parties to 35 guys
Doesn't want to do a threesome with Jessica Alba
Drives a Prius but leaves every light on in the house
OMG he said frat parties....haha

Insecurities (In excess).
People that talk rudely to their siblings (very interesting one, kind of like when people treat waiters poorly...)
starfish
smoking, just bla
refusing to pay/contribute to entertainment (entitled)

Old 04-02-2013, 04:17 PM

170 posts, read 203,325 times
You girls seem insanely picky and high maintenance i feel bad for your partners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships