Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 05:35 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwEETGirl09 View Post
Haha before they were just friends went on 1 date and the guy admitted he wanted friends with benefits only and not a relationship so my friend liked this guy so much she said ok let's be just friends and then she says well since its been a while since I've had sex I am just going to do the friends with benefits thing too so then that came and then they started hanging out and he bought her gifts took her out to eat or her him out to eat etc.

And now after 3-4 months later they are finally an official couple. And she is afraid to the max that even she messes up even once and this guy leaves she cannot accept that. She NEEDS this guy in her life.
Yikes. Clinger alert. She sounds desperate as hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 05:36 PM

20 posts, read 44,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNP24 View Post
Sounds like a control freak in progress. Tell your friend to 86 this loser. If he can't accept her for who she is, then its never going to work out. He will try to find her replacement to meet his "standards" sooner or later.
I keep telling her what this guy is about but she won't hear it so.....

And NO I do not know this guy. My friend met this guy at a family get together. The funny thing is that this guy is a cousin of another family of this other family member type of thing.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:37 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,828,747 times
Quote:
Haha before they were just friends went on 1 date and the guy admitted he wanted friends with benefits only and not a relationship so my friend liked this guy so much she said ok let's be just friends and then she says well since its been a while since I've had sex I am just going to do the friends with benefits thing too so then that came and then they started hanging out and he bought her gifts took her out to eat or her him out to eat etc.

And now after 3-4 months later they are finally an official couple. And she is afraid to the max that even she messes up even once and this guy leaves she cannot accept that. She NEEDS this guy in her life.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:39 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Needs him in her life? In what way?

Does she enjoy being controlled like this? I couldn't date someone who was this submissive.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:41 PM

20 posts, read 44,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Wait, I still don't get it. So the OP is a friend of a chick who is FWB with a guy who controls her but they DON'T want a solid relationship?

Is that correct?
They WERE LIKE THAT before a few days ago NOW they are a couple!

Old 03-30-2013, 05:43 PM

227 posts, read 420,580 times
Tell your friend she can do a lot better. First, she needs to get her self-esteem in order and not be so desperate to be in a relationship. Because if a man can't accept you for who you are, then he is worthless as a lifetime partner!

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Quote:

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.....no....no.

6,616 posts, read 13,828,747 times
Quote:
They WERE LIKE THAT before a few days ago NOW they are a couple!
I guess if she wanted to make it official then she must enjoy being controlled.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:45 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
Quote:
My friend's boyfriend disliked how she had several tattoos on herself, not TOO many just a few. One tiny one on her wrist, and 2 others on her back. He had told her one night that he disliked girls with tattoos and she could not get anymore because he disliked them.

So yesturday when her and I were at a friend's house she told our friend that her boyfriend disliked tattoos and how she couldn't get anymore.

To me I think thats dumb if a guy told me to not get tattoos even though I loved them and surly wanted more, I would still get them no matter what they told me.

This guy has also told my friend that he dislikes girls with dark hair and prefers blondes so my friend is having her girl go back to its natural blonde color this summer.

What do you think of this situation?
What do I think? I think your friends boyfriend is a total dork.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:46 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,152,398 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships