Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 07:11 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,041,670 times

Advertisements

You need to be single and work out your issues because you aren't mentally or emotionally up to being in a relationship. You haven't treated this young lady with anything resembling kindness, affection, or respect. If you are at the age where hanging with your buddies is still your #1 priority that's fine but acknowledge that desire and don't get into serious relationships. Women expect their man to want to spend time with them and most of us like holidays and birthdays to be remembered and celebrated. Stick to one night stands and solo love for now. You are not relationship material.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 07:33 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
It's not ok to spit on a woman, or on anyone. You can't make it ok. Name calling too? Your father raised you not to be disrespectful towards women? What happened?

Old 03-31-2013, 08:56 AM

19 posts, read 42,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
There is nothing to be done..She is smart by leaving sorry if this is not the answer you were looking for…
This is seems to be heading and she clearly doesn't to be with me anymore.
Quote:
You stated you wanted advice from people 20-22?
That's our ages. I'm 22 and she's 20.
Quote:
Good luck..There are young men your age that would never act like this nor fathom treating their g/f in such a manner .simply because this would never occur to them..
I know, which is why I was shocked too when it happened. I apologized right away but it's not good enough. I've been trouble falling asleep because I can't stop thinking about what I did.
Quote:
I am surprised you come from a household that has little tolerance for this type of behavior..
My advice to you? Leave her alone…cut your LOSSES…let her find a good man because at 20-22 that’s what you are…
I would enroll in some anger management course and learn ho to control your temper before it becomes worse and you end up in jail..
I think the problem is that I've tried doing many things at the same time; taking classes, working, hanging out with friends, having a gf (well now ex gf), visting a sick relatives, etc and I got overwhelmed. I'm not excusing myself BTW. I know there was no excuse what I did and unfortunately it cost my relationship.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
You need to be single and work out your issues because you aren't mentally or emotionally up to being in a relationship. You haven't treated this young lady with anything resembling kindness, affection, or respect. If you are at the age where hanging with your buddies is still your #1 priority that's fine but acknowledge that desire and don't get into serious relationships. Women expect their man to want to spend time with them and most of us like holidays and birthdays to be remembered and celebrated. Stick to one night stands and solo love for now. You are not relationship material.
I don't mean to sound bad but I'm really forget when it comes to dates. I really didn't mean to forget Valentine's Day but I've apologized for that too and I thought she wasn't hurt about that anymore. Wrong. Now I know girls remember every little detail.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Lol jokes aside. Spitting is considered an extremely hostile act, basically like punching someone in the face, possibly even worse (in a symbolic way). You're lucky she hasn't filed charges for assault...yet.
No she wasn't. Last message I got now was basically telling me that she wouldn't file charges but not to contact her again and how that was the last straw.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:03 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,041,670 times
You make excuses for your actions but life is very stressful at times for everyone and your response to stress is abnormal and would not be tolerated by many in our society. Stress is part of adult life. Learn from this and learn how to manage it appropriately because guaranteed 100% more of it is coming in the future.

It seems like you have a problem with criticism.

You couldn't take the criticism (you admitted she was right) from your gf so you spat on her and called her a nasty name.
Right off the bat your first post stated that you didn't want people to come down on you. You're worried about your dad finding out not because he would think less of you as a person but for the fact that he might criticize. So it appears that whether or not you're under stress you don't want anyone to criticize you or confront you on your crappy behavior and bad attitude.

Seems like you are one of those "special snowflake" children who is growing into a self-entitled adult.

Last edited by Jasper03; 03-31-2013 at 09:17 AM..

Old 03-31-2013, 09:04 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLost View Post
No she wasn't. Last message I got now was basically telling me that she wouldn't file charges but not to contact her again and how that was the last straw.
Well it looks like it's the last straw, man.

Just sow more grass and reap more hay.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
I don't think you come close to deserving her or deserving a chance with this one. Sorry. That was the epitome of disrespectful and basal.

You also came off in your post as not really thinking what you did was wrong, but more fearing that you'd experience repercussions from your family. So nope. I hope she moves on happily.
No, I'm really sorry. I regret it and would do almost the impossible to have her back. I'll be a better bf than what I was and even go on the way to marking important dates on my walls.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:05 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
You can give her a sincere apology but then move on and realize she has also. What you did was abusive and there are women who absolutely will not accept abuse. I don't think you should try to win her back but learn from this.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:05 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLost View Post
I don't mean to sound bad but I'm really forget when it comes to dates. I really didn't mean to forget Valentine's Day but I've apologized for that too and I thought she wasn't hurt about that anymore. Wrong. Now I know girls remember every little detail.
It's inconsiderate to forget, but we're all inconsiderate at times. We all screw up. But, spitting in someone's face is just one of those things. Show her some respect by letting her go. Don't try to put her in a situation where she even considers being with someone that would treat her like that. If you really want to learn from this grave error then start showing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships