Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 12:56 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned how lucky this OP is that he has not received a nice little visit from the girl's father or brothers. If someone spit in my daughter's face, it would take every ounce of self control imaginable to not kick the ever-loving **** out of him. I am not a violent person, and I believe in measured response to situations like this. But I also know that it would test the limits of my discipline if someone had done this to my little girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

3,187 posts, read 5,150,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
I can't.
Classic manipulation technique.

Basically "I'm sorry baby, it'll never happen again"...........................................

This doesn't get any better

Not if he truly means it and it isn't meant to manipulate her into taking him back. There is a difference. He's very young. Not excusing anything. But for him, writing that letter might help him heal as well. He has to forgive himself some day. He doesn't need to beat himself up for the rest of his life. We've all made mistakes. Imagine if the worst thing that any of us has ever done wasn't worth forgiveness. God (and I apologize to some for bringing God into it) teaches us forgiveness. If we can't forgive others, then how do we expect to be forgiven? Forgiving and forgetting are two seperate things.

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
The OP needs time to work on himself right now, not to be focusing on being forgiven.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:59 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,694,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
The OP needs time to work on himself right now, not to be focusing on being forgiven.
Bingo. All this time he was wasting apologizing he could be dealing with himself.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:00 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
She asked you to leave her alone, so now you're writing her a letter? You're lucky she didn't press charges. Leave her alone, lest you end up looking at the business end of a restraining order.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:05 PM

2,501 posts, read 4,435,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLost View Post
No, my dad taught that it was never ok to ever hit in anger a woman, elderly or child (not even to retaliate) or act aggressive towards one and if he ever saw me doing that he would report me himself after messing me up. Though I didn't hit her, what I did was still horrible.

The woman didn't go back the guy that he beat up. He served jail time afterwards.
Whatever dad thought he was teaching, didn't get taught. You physically assaulted a woman, and could have easily been arrested for the spitting. In other words, you're no better than and no different from the guy your dad beat up.

How did you go so far off the rails? To spit on someone you must really hate them, and have some deep seated anger towards them. Did you not really want to be in a relationship with her? You wanted to be single but didn't know how to get out of the situation?

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2

Old 03-31-2013, 01:39 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
She asked you to leave her alone, so now you're writing her a letter? You're lucky she didn't press charges. Leave her alone, lest you end up looking at the business end of a restraining order.
I know. Imagine being this woman and this has happened to you and now he won't leave you alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
How did you go so far off the rails? To spit on someone you must really hate them, and have some deep seated anger towards them. Did you not really want to be in a relationship with her?
That's exactly what I'd be feeling if I were her.
Like he hates me so much and wants to keep tormenting me.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:44 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
Consequences, you seem to be mature enough -- in some ways -- to accept this. Inexcusable behavior deserves extreme consequences. Hopefully, this experience has hammered that home to you. You will get a second chance to put this knowledge to good use, but it seems unlikely it will with this woman.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:06 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Not asking for sympathy as I deserve none.

Regarding one poster who said I'm trying to make excuses, I'm not. I was explaining what I was feeling at the moment before it happened (overwhelmed and stressed out) but never stated how she deserved it nor that she caused it.

I'm going to just write a final letter to her but not to take me back, just letting her know she didn't deserve that and how I wish her the best. I was thinking of something like this:

I love you and that is why I'm respecting your wish to be left alone as this is my last letter. I cannot believe what I have done. I am truly disgusted with myself and will be for the longest time. The bottom line is you deserve better. What I have done is simply unforgivable. You are an amazing girl and I wish you nothing but happiness. I know in future, someone else will not mess up the amazing opportunity I had. I wish you the best.

I don't mind if I don't get an reply back. Just letting her know this is something I'll regret for a long time.
Leave her alone.
Do not write to her.
She doesn't care and you'll only tick her off.
You're just writing to her to clear you conscience.
It's self-serving.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:06 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Quote:
No, my dad taught that it was never ok to ever hit in anger a woman, elderly or child (not even to retaliate) or act aggressive towards one and if he ever saw me doing that he would report me himself after messing me up. Though I didn't hit her, what I did was still horrible.

The woman didn't go back the guy that he beat up. He served jail time afterwards.

You are aware this is classified as assault, just about everywhere, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships