U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 02:08 PM

9,342 posts, read 16,178,486 times
Mid-October- when he discussed the hunting. I went back and read his first non-rambling posts on this site and saw that he referred to"we" in the present tense several times.

I DMed someone about it on the 20th.

Then I got his RL name from Mainstreet and found out his wife's name. When I inquired on the "Rambling " thread about his recent use of "we", I used quotes from those posts and highlighted some parts in red. Only I editted his quotes to replace "We" with "Kim and I". But he didn't catch it and instead of calling me on it, just defended it as trying to remain anonymous. Heh, heh...

There are other tricks from CDers who found out on that thread, too. Quotes of his from his other blogs that were paraphrased and spit back at him as though it happened to them, even using his RL daughter's name.

The "Little House" post was one of the best! It was from another poster, but was almost word for word what HE had written about a RL vacation with his RL family on a blog a while ago.....only it was another poster who shared it as his own....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 02:10 PM

559 posts, read 1,544,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Mid-October- when he discussed the hunting. I went back and read his first non-rambling posts on this site and saw that he referred to"we" in the present tense several times.

Then I got his RL name from Mainstreet and found out his wife's name. When I inquired on the "Rambling " thread about his recent use of "we", I used quotes from those posts and highlighted some parts in red. Only I editted his quotes to replace "We" with "Kim and I". But he didn't catch it and instead of calling me on it, just defended it as trying to remain anonymous. Heh, heh...

There are other tricks from CDers who found out on that thread, too. Quotes of his from his other blogs that were paraphrased and spit back at him as though it happened to them, even using his RL daughter's name.

The "Little House" post was one of the best! It was from another poster, but was almost word for word what HE had written about a RL vacation with his RL family on a blog a while ago.....only it was another poster who shared it as his own....
I think you, HIF, MainStreet, and the others should be awarded some kind of CD Sleuthing Award--FINE WORK!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2007, 02:13 PM

283 posts, read 367,032 times
Guess I was just the gullible one then. Was hoping it had the "The Pursuit of Happiness" ending

Old 10-28-2007, 02:20 PM

Location: Boy, giraffes are selfish, just runnin’ around looking out for number one.
105 posts, read 240,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post

HIF, the using of "Kim" was absolutely inspired. I felt like I was watching a masterpiece unfold. Thank you for thinking to do that. The "Little House" post was perfect as well. I think he may have been just a little angry when he realized that he'd been found out. Hats off to all of you, and a special mention to the top sleuth Mainstreet.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:21 PM

559 posts, read 1,544,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalogirl View Post
Guess I was just the gullible one then. Was hoping it had the "The Pursuit of Happiness" ending
You are among good company, dear friend, it was written to draw people in and garner an emotional reaction...which is why it is totally despicable. Playing with people's emotions--NOT COOL.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:38 PM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,063 posts, read 3,182,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorya View Post
HIF, the using of "Kim" was absolutely inspired. I felt like I was watching a masterpiece unfold. Thank you for thinking to do that. The "Little House" post was perfect as well. I think he may have been just a little angry when he realized that he'd been found out. Hats off to all of you, and a special mention to the top sleuth Mainstreet.
Zorya (and Sedie) can attest that I more times than not started a conversation about the thread with "I'm not obsessed!"

Oh...I forgot...a favorite highlight was when Patti posted that BD was throwing a fit at the hospital and wanted to be picked up...and that they were on their way. Your friend needs you to get your tail to the hospital and your are posting???!!

Also the "scene" where Jill runs out of the ranch house (in a wet tshirt? I don't remember) and runs smack into boss man....that is straight out of Hollywood.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:41 PM

283 posts, read 367,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveMtns View Post
You are among good company, dear friend, it was written to draw people in and garner an emotional reaction...which is why it is totally despicable. Playing with people's emotions--NOT COOL.
Not Cool, at all. Oh well, you live and learn.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:48 PM

Location: Boy, giraffes are selfish, just runnin’ around looking out for number one.
105 posts, read 240,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
This is too tempting for me.
Me too, I would love to know how everyone here would end this story.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:53 PM

7,088 posts, read 11,725,748 times
I feel stupid about it now (although not scammed like I said in a previous post) because I know what it's like to lose a spouse and I knew we could relate in some way and I could help him cope.
I even felt guilty because my late husband and big dawgs 'wife' have been gone the same amount of years and I have someone else now and he doesn't. It made me feel that after 6 years of my husband being dead that I hadn't waited long enough to find someone else and he was still pining over his wife. I felt guilty because I am no longer 'pining' the way he is.
I told my S/O about this and he read some of Big Dawgs thread and told me this guy was playing on the emotions of women. I'm usually a good judge of people but I flunked out on this one.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:56 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,217,328 times
I was suspicious from the first day I began reading. The second time I opened the thread I was sure.

What I didn't catch on to was that there were people manipulating the manipulator in order to out him. LOL! I was almost ticked at Zorya. I thought Zorya was the OP adding more fuel to his fire.

I am quite sure I'm not the only person here who has had a tragic life event which would read like bd's writing. I have no interest in making it some sort of competition to see who has the tougher past. It doesn't matter. What does matter to me is that someone would fabricate such highly emotional issues and present them as fact. I can't even figure out why I find it so distasteful. No one forced me to read that junk. Guess I'd better search myself some more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships