U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 06:01 PM

Location: Boy, giraffes are selfish, just runniní around looking out for number one.
105 posts, read 246,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
This is from one of our many roadtrips....Zoyra and I. As you can see, we found our eyebrow icon. This just happens to be the very same weekend that Zoyra was responsible for introducing me to my miserable ex-husband, lol.

Ontario, Canada 1986

OMG, I'd forgotten about that pic.

About the miserable ex-husband, how many times do I have to apologize ?!

So, about these eyebrow stencils, where would one find such a thing?

Last edited by Zorya; 10-28-2007 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: I'm laughing too hard to type
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 06:02 PM

3,774 posts, read 7,657,721 times
Oooh, thanks. Let me check our paper. Not there.. Is it in the paper itself, or in a separate flyer?

Old 10-28-2007, 06:04 PM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,063 posts, read 3,251,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaPhil View Post
Oooh, thanks. Let me check our paper. Not there.. Is it in the paper itself, or in a separate flyer?
Stop stalling!

Old 10-28-2007, 06:06 PM

Location: Boy, giraffes are selfish, just runniní around looking out for number one.
105 posts, read 246,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaPhil View Post
I've always found it on the ad that comes in the Sunday paper.

If you can't find it, there is a good chance that they'll have it in the store.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:06 PM

3,774 posts, read 7,657,721 times
She Who Must Be Obeyed is getting made up. She won't go out without Her face being put into place. Since She already has me in my place.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:31 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,297,934 times
Main Street and Zorya, Have either or both of you ever read Janet Evanovich's books. You know....Stephanie Plum. Yes, the writing is pretty simple. Yes, some of it is weird. Yes! Some of it is reallllly funny!

Maybe the two of you should go into the bonding business....no, the PI business!!

Old 10-28-2007, 06:45 PM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,063 posts, read 3,251,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Main Street and Zorya, Have either or both of you ever read Janet Evanovich's books. You know....Stephanie Plum. Yes, the writing is pretty simple. Yes, some of it is weird. Yes! Some of it is reallllly funny!

Maybe the two of you should go into the bonding business....no, the PI business!!
(Z won't mind me telling you this, because I post about her ex all the time.)

When I caught her ex at a gay bath house, I was on the back of a friend's motorcycle with a video camera, taping his car on the lot. (Swear.) We've often talked about what great PIs we'd make.

Again...another of life's dramas that we've managed to laugh continuously about.

I'll look into those books. I'm a big David Sedaris fan...the man can make dark very funny.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:01 PM

2,490 posts, read 4,784,527 times
I feel so stupid. I quit smoking three weeks ago and have been on here quite alot to um compensate for my cravings. I followed this saga DAILY. Maybe if I had been in my right mind at the time I would have figured it out. Maybe I was getting my dose of a trashy novel just in installments?! Pretty rotten of whoever that was. I was totally sucked in and probably would have read his book but not now. No money from me.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:03 PM

200 posts, read 619,512 times
Gah! I don't check this for two days and the lid gets blown off the whole thing!
I was hooked for the first few posts...and I will say that had I not had it suggested to me that this was possibly a ruse, I would have probably believed it a lot longer. I guess that's the tenderhearted side of me that wants to always believe the best of people (despite knowing better from my job!).

Still, my favorite post is #95 (courtesy of MainStreet)from that thread:

Dear BD,
I am praying for you.
Stay strong.
I know it is difficult.
Never give up.
Good souls like you are few and far between.
Everyone here is pulling for you.
Nothing worth having is easy.
Ugly needs you.
Opportunities for true love are so rare.
Ultimately, you and Jill will be together, forever.
Sincerely, your fan club.

Disingenuous = lacking in frankness, candor, or sincerity; falsely or hypocritically ingenuous; insincere

Calling him out without him even knowing it....pure genius!!

Last edited by sedie80; 10-28-2007 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: rephrasing!

Old 10-28-2007, 07:05 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,297,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
(Z won't mind me telling you this, because I post about her ex all the time.)

When I caught her ex at a gay bath house, I was on the back of a friend's motorcycle with a video camera, taping his car on the lot. (Swear.) We've often talked about what great PIs we'd make.

Again...another of life's dramas that we've managed to laugh continuously about.

I'll look into those books. I'm a big David Sedaris fan...the man can make dark very funny.
Well, I think you were wise. It must be easier to video from the back of a motorcycle than in a car. You don't havta mess with windows.

I keep telling myself I need to start reading Me Talk Pretty One Day. I could use a laugh. Maybe this was my cue to grab it off of the shelf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships