Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 12:16 PM

378 posts, read 1,206,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhornsfan87 View Post
Again, I ask, I heard some guys can continue growing until 22-24.
Seems like it would be possible... google probably has your answer. There's also that wierd leg-lengthing surgery I've heard about in Russia, but I'd try a psychologist before that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 12:16 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Even the few women who will date short guys talk about words like dissapointing with short men lol even if they settle for a short men theyll always lust after a tall guy the majority of women

Old 04-04-2013, 12:17 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhornsfan87 View Post
Again, I ask, I heard some guys can continue growing until 22-24.
This thing your on at the moment.. you know, the internet, apparently it's a good source of information. Have you considered giving it a go? I hear Google is an efficient way to find things, maybe try that. Try typing one of these into the search bar, "At what age do people stop growing?" or "Can I still grow until i'm 24?", stuff like that.

...or, maybe 'ask again'.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:17 PM

803 posts, read 1,668,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakalena View Post
Being brutally honest about it....women like tall men. It's def. not a deal breaker or anything and since there is nothing you can do about it I wouldn't worry about it and just play up your positives. But for the love of god do not be one of those short guys that has a huge attitude like they're overcompensating. Big turn off.

There're gonna be women like me who are tallish (5'8") and because we grew up with tall men in the family that's the norm for us. The men in my fam. are all between 6'2" and 6'5". It's hard for me not to be disappointed with a guy who's under 6'. But like I said, it's not everything. play up the positives about yourself. Don't underestimate personality. I've dated men that are a bit short for my taste because of other assets that they had.

You might keep growing though. I'm 26 and just grew half an inch. Just worry about the things you can control though or your life will be one major headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
i am 5'7" myself and all my male family members are tall. I definitely prefer tall men. It is what it is.

I see this a lot. "My dad/brothers/uncles are tall so blah blah blah". Why can't you two just state you prefer tall men (or feel most attracted to them), and leave it at that, instead of attempting to justify it like most women do?

Old 04-04-2013, 12:19 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASOT View Post
I see this a lot. "My dad/brothers/uncles are tall so blah blah blah". Why can't you two just state you prefer tall men (or feel most attracted to them), and leave it at that, instead of attempting to justify it like most women do?
What's wrong with justifying it?

Old 04-04-2013, 12:20 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Even the few women who will date short guys talk about words like dissapointing with short men lol even if they settle for a short men theyll always lust after a tall guy the majority of women
Yeah, that kind of caught my eye as well. How can you be "dissapointed" with a guy who is under a certain height? Its not as if he has grown to the height that he chose deliberately. Bad choice of words.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:24 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
I'm 5'7 the man I love is 5'4.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:26 PM

378 posts, read 1,206,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascension2012 View Post
women like tall men, but not because of their height but because of the way they feel around tall men. Safe, secure and protected for the most part. If a shorter man knows how to make women feel the same way around him, he will have as much success as taller guys. One thing i do know for a fact that women avoid like a plague, is short guys who blame their height for lack of success in dating and let it impact their lives and their level of self-confidence and self-esteem.
this x1000 !!

Old 04-04-2013, 12:30 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASOT View Post

Justify what? This is my preference : Tall men

Old 04-04-2013, 12:37 PM

803 posts, read 1,668,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
What's wrong with justifying it?
Well, I can see some instances where justifying is understandable. But with height, the justification (something other than just mere preference) doesn't make sense most of the time.

Last edited by ASOT; 04-04-2013 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: context of thread... nevermind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships