Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 08:13 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times

Advertisements

Friends of my Mother who were really a GREAT same sex couple - did lots of things together, really ENJOYED each other, laughed a lot. Just two peas in a pod.

One just died of cancer - only made it a few months past diagnosis, and had seemed fit as a flee up until then.

I just can't understand why these things often happen to couples who are really good for each other. Of course it's a tragedy when this happens to anyone, no matter what their relationship is like. But these two had been together for about 8 years and were so happy together.

She was a classy lady and full of a lust for life that we don't see often enough with people. She was also witty and funny and kind. It was like the two of them found each other and it all started to make sense for them.

Thank goodness they had enough money that the other partner was able to quit working to nurse her through these last few months, but now who knows what she will do. I guess she has to start all over again.

It makes me so sad that things like this happen, but I suppose it is also a good reminder for us all to try and find that lust for life and enjoy each day that we have.

Have a good one all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 08:47 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,491,759 times
sometimes the most perfect relationships only last a very short while. but they are a blessing, and will be remembered forever.
sometimes bad relationships are dragged on forever and get worse and worse.
who says she needs to start over? what if that was the love of her life and it's enough for her? she will go on living and still loving her love. you dont always have to have a replacement.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:52 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
I just can't understand why these things often happen to couples who are really good for each other. Of course it's a tragedy when this happens to anyone, no matter what their relationship is like. But these two had been together for about 8 years and were so happy together.
It does seem to happen a lot and I've no idea why. I'm not religious, but it still always puzzles me why the supposedly good God's work is counterintuitive so often.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:58 AM

990 posts, read 2,557,560 times
I worked with guys that would give half of what they own to get rid of their wives.

I would gladly give ALL I own to have one more hour with my mine.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
sometimes the most perfect relationships only last a very short while. but they are a blessing, and will be remembered forever.
sometimes bad relationships are dragged on forever and get worse and worse.
who says she needs to start over? what if that was the love of her life and it's enough for her? she will go on living and still loving her love. you dont always have to have a replacement.

You might be right, but she's only in her 40s (partner was a bit older), and I hope for her that she finds love again.
I know if I died I would hope that my DH would find real love again.

It's not about finding a 'replacement', but about moving on with life. If someone is happy and fulfilled with a single life, then that's wonderful. But I wouldn't want my DH to live miserably with memories if there was someone else out there who he could be happy with.

Anyway, that's not really what I meant by 'starting over'. She is American and they have been living in London because her partner was English.

Now she'll probably move back over here and have to start over work wise/ friends wise etc.
Luckily she has enough money that she never has to work again if she doesn't want to, so that's one relief. But still it means leaving a whole 'life' behind and starting a new one somewhere else. That has to be tough when you've just lost your partner.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It does seem to happen a lot and I've no idea why. I'm not religious, but it still always puzzles me why the supposedly good God's work is counterintuitive so often.
I know - it makes no sense does it.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:10 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,807 times
Quote:
Because the human mind is incapable of comprehending God's will. There is a reason for everything and God knows better than we do. We're trying to comprehend the immortal with a mortal mind.

It will all make sense in the end....even though it may make no sense now.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:54 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
It will all make sense in the end....even though it may make no sense now.
Guess we'll have to wait and see since nobody comes back to let us know...

Old 05-12-2008, 11:05 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Bad relationships and bad people seem to live forever. Funny how that works.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:14 PM

545 posts, read 2,043,868 times
Quote:
REPLY: Objections to Christianity Answered
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships