Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 10:57 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So I say I got other plans. .... then in the evening I get a text saying, "I did this ... and that ... today, what did you do?".

What do you answer?

You say what you did but leave the fact out that you did it with another guy/girl?
That'd be up to you.
What do you want to hide?
What do you want to reveal?

"I went to the gym, ran some errands, then went out to dinner"
"Kewl! Who'd you go to dinner with?"

Now, the other person is probably asking if you're dating other people, so it's probably best to...be honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 11:08 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
Do you let them know you are? When one of them asks you to do something when you have plans with sometime ether, do you make up a lie or tell the person that the truth?
I personally would not volunteer that info unless I was directly asked. I would say I have other plans when asked and leave it at that. No one has asked me to be exclusive so I feel I should not volunteer anything until I am asked to be exclusive.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:10 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I personally would not volunteer that info unless I was directly asked. I would say I have other plans when asked and leave it at that. No one has asked me to be exclusive so I feel I should not volunteer anything until I am asked to be exclusive.
Why should someone ask someone else to be exclusive if that person hasn't been completely honest?

Which comes first, the chicken or the egg?

Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
Do you let them know you are? When one of them asks you to do something when you have plans with sometime ether, do you make up a lie or tell the person that the truth?
Arrange a ménage a trois

Old 04-15-2013, 01:56 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
sounds like a plan.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:04 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
I don't think you should say anything unless he asks you if you are, then you can volunteer the information if you want, but really I don't think that's anyone's business except you're own.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:18 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
^^^^This.

I would want to know if my date is also dating others. I've never casually dated more than one person at a time, but I still think it's better to be up-front about it so everyone knows where they stand.

I agree with this. I think it's sneaky to date more than one person at a time. It's not fair to either person. If I started to date someone, how much emotion/ what I would think of her would DRASTICALLY change if I knew that she was seeing someone else as well. It's sneaky in my opinion. You are allowing others to view you falsely. Plus, who wants to start having serious feelings for someone if they know that tomorrow that someone may be getting it on with someone else. Plus, it say's more than just that. It says that that person isn't sure how they feel about you. There are just too many negative conontations to it all. Be honest, that way, both people, or all three people you are dating can step back and assess the situation fairly. I certainly wouldn't date two people at once. To me it's just kind of selfish. But if you are going to do it, atleast be honest about it so that both parties know that there is competition.

All of these people saying that it isn't any of their business yet, I don't agree with. I wouldn't even ask a girl out on a date if I knew that she dated multiple people all at the same time.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:44 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
That'd be up to you.
What do you want to hide?
What do you want to reveal?

"I went to the gym, ran some errands, then went out to dinner"
"Kewl! Who'd you go to dinner with?"

Now, the other person is probably asking if you're dating other people, so it's probably best to...be honest.
Everyone knows what certain words mean as well. If you're doing something but you don't want to delve further into it, you just say you have plans. Those plans usually include the opposite sex that you may like.

Being honest is the best way to date multiple people. I'm ok with seeing multiple people if I'm not physical with any of them, but if I'm serious, I have to respect everyone and tell them what's going on. That gives them a chance to decide if they are ok with what I'm doing.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:46 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,867 times
I've never had this problem since I've never dated more than one person at a time. There have been opportunities to date more than one girl at a time, but I can only focus on one person at a time.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:58 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Everyone knows what certain words mean as well. If you're doing something but you don't want to delve further into it, you just say you have plans. Those plans usually include the opposite sex that you may like.

Being honest is the best way to date multiple people. I'm ok with seeing multiple people if I'm not physical with any of them, but if I'm serious, I have to respect everyone and tell them what's going on. That gives them a chance to decide if they are ok with what I'm doing.
This is exactly what you should do. I've known women who did not divulge this information and well, it just seemed odd to me. One friend ended up marrying one of the guys and the others were terrible hurt and taken aback the day she announced her engagement - as you can image. Which I thought was handled wrong in my opinion.

I don't see a problem with people dating more than one person at a time as long as no sex is involved and as long as EVERYONE knows the situation. It helps people not put all their eggs in one basket. Once you start telling lies, it becomes a vicious circle. Sure you can hold back info but when someone starts asking questions and you leave out particulars or fudge the facts it starts sliding down a slippery slope.

Back in the day when I was young and dating, (I'm nearly 50 now,) it was looked down upon for a woman to date more than one man at a time. I'm sure they did but they would have never, ever let it out that they were. Men did all the time, but it was a big no no for women. We were called names back then. So revel in the this day's freedom for women but don't be a jerk about it. Treat others has you would want to be treated is the best golden rule of thumb to follow.

Last edited by GINGERSNAP1963; 04-15-2013 at 03:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships