Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 07:29 AM

48 posts, read 190,911 times

Advertisements

I have trouble meeting single women. Almost every women that i meet is either has a bf, or married. I tried going to concerts, bars/clubs, and i tried going to stores. I keep encounter taken women. I stop going to clubs and bars because it will be mostly taken women doing their girls night out, or it will be a lot of drunks there looking for a quickie. I just joined a sporting club where they do all kinds of sports. I have some luck at meeting single, but they have too many male friends. I would have to work twice as hard to get them to like me. What else can i do to meet more single women?

Old 04-17-2013, 07:37 AM

864 posts, read 1,453,831 times
Well, not obsessing about it would be a good start. Get involved in activities that interest you, mean something to you, or (even better) help other people (i.e. volunteering). This is how you meet people who you will most likely have things in common with, and people who actually care about doing good in the world (as in the case of volunteering). JMHO.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:45 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
A lot of somewhat decent women are likely going to be taken. Otherwise, they might be telling you they are taken if they aren't interested.

I always go out with a couple of guy friends. I can always say one of them is my bf if things with someone approaches me that I am not interested in get a little weird (happens almost every time I go out).

Most of the single women I know, approach men themselves-clear indicator they are single and interested.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:21 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
Many of the women I meet aren't taken, but most are much too young (or too old) for me anyway. Besides, I'm taken!

findly makes a good point: many single women will let you know - subtly or explicitly - that they're interested.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:38 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
Maybe try internet dating to more easily locate single women?

Old 04-17-2013, 08:59 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintsboy701 View Post
I have trouble meeting single women. Almost every women that i meet is either has a bf, or married. I tried going to concerts, bars/clubs, and i tried going to stores. I keep encounter taken women. I stop going to clubs and bars because it will be mostly taken women doing their girls night out, or it will be a lot of drunks there looking for a quickie. I just joined a sporting club where they do all kinds of sports. I have some luck at meeting single, but they have too many male friends. I would have to work twice as hard to get them to like me. What else can i do to meet more single women?
You have an excuse for every scenario, don't you?

You found a good source of single women - sports clubs. My experience agrees. But you don't want any competition? Too bad, so sad. Get out there and compete. If you have to work twice as hard, then work twice as hard. If it's too much trouble then maybe you don't deserve to find someone?

Old 04-17-2013, 08:59 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,597,645 times
Most decent women are going to be taken while they're young...often no later than their early-to-mid 20s. Sorry. Many decent people of both genders tend to get snatched up quick.

But it's a big world out there. There's still plenty of decent single women out there who are in their late 20s and 30s. They often tend to hang out with their single friends. Just keep putting yourself out there and get social with things that truly interest you. Try not to give off a vibe that you're "doing this activity" or "taking this class" so that you can meet women. They will sense that.

Your location may also matter. Socially conservative areas tend to have fewer singles.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:09 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintsboy701 View Post
Sorry Bro.

I think all of them being taken is some kind of woman thing. Like, if they don't have a boyfriend people will look at them funny.

I think if you meet the right gal she will dump her guy and come after you.

This happens. I have had it happen more than one time to me. The girl will say something like, " I broke up with my boyfriend."

That is your invitation to ask her out.

You can say, "Finally!! So you are free Saturday then so we can go out."

Old 04-17-2013, 09:15 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
Are they really taken or do you assume they are mostly taken? I ask because I am single, but for some reason people just assume I am married (I don't wear a ring or anything). It's the strangest thing. For what it's worth, if the person assuming is a man, I see no ring on his finger, and I find him attractive, I correct him. Anyone else, I don't bother correcting.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:20 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Most high quality females are taken. My son became infatuated with this one attractive and bright female. He's a good looking kid and thought that all woman are available. He was really getting stuck on this woman...Finally she revealed "I have a boy friend"...I explained to the kid...."The first bold question you have to ask of a woman is if she is single or not"

Also I see young woman who are pushing strollers in my neighborhood. They are middle or upper middle class and they have husbands who are professional...and they are all good looking strong and intelligent females. Yes- most of the time the best go first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships