Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 12:10 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,343,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdatgirl View Post
I know I'm a bit shallow just like most of the people who are living in OC. My friends said I have high standards and I will end up single for the rest of my life. Aside from having a GREAT PERSONALITY, I WILL ONLY date guys who are:

- educated. He needs to have atleast a college degree. He has to have a great career. So far, I've only dated guys who are managers of their departments.
- tall. Nobody shorter than 5'9. Not taller than 6'2.
- physically fit. He needs to have a nice tight body. He needs to be physically active or working out regularly.
- good looking. This part is self explanatory. Cute face is mandatory. No balding head.

So far, I have no problem finding guys described above. I have actually dated a few of them. I think what I'm looking for is reasonable. I think it's what most of the girls are looking for in a guy. What do you guys think?

Do I have high standards?

You better.

College degree is good. A good career is good. However, would you accept someone that owns a successful business, but doesn't have his college degree, whether or not he is working on it?

Physical fitness is a good standard to have. Healthy people.

Good looking, Cute face. That is actually subjective other than the balding head.

Sounds like you have a specific idea on what you want.

It's your life and your relationship who givz a flock what others think.

IMO it is good to have standards.

Now, what are your standards on personality?

Confidence?
Respect? (Does he beat women)

A wide range of people could have all of the above traits(e.g. sociopaths)

Something to think about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 12:36 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,718,761 times
Why are you asking, then?

Old 04-19-2013, 12:57 PM

803 posts, read 1,667,513 times
I skimmed over this thread late last night and missed some things. OP claims she is quality and gets quality, but then creates this thread anyway. Something just doesn't add up.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:43 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,343,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Do I have high standards?

You better.

College degree is good. A good career is good. However, would you accept someone that owns a successful business, but doesn't have his college degree, whether or not he is working on it?

Physical fitness is a good standard to have. Healthy people.

Good looking, Cute face. That is actually subjective other than the balding head.

Sounds like you have a specific idea on what you want.

It's your life and your relationship who givz a flock what others think.

IMO it is good to have standards.

Now, what are your standards on personality?

Confidence?
Respect? (Does he beat women)

A wide range of people could have all of the above traits(e.g. sociopaths)

Something to think about.

I Re-read your op. You did mention something about great personality.

Add reading comprehension (which I seem to lack) to your list of standards.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:46 PM

22,321 posts, read 29,407,323 times
Sorry but your list doesn't exist. Enjoy single life!!

Old 04-19-2013, 02:05 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Sorry but your list doesn't exist. Enjoy single life!!
She's currently dating 4 men that meet those standards.

Obviously they do exist.

I know quite a few that meet her requirements as well.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:28 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,184,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
She's currently dating 4 men that meet those standards.

Obviously they do exist.

I know quite a few that meet her requirements as well.
My best male friend fits the bill. He's 36, a project manager in IT, earns low 6 figures, has a master's degree, is 5'll, blue-eyed light brown hair, works out and is an avid cyclist. He has a widow's peak. I don't know if it's the start of a receding hair line, but his dad had all his hair. He knows how to party, has a ton of friends, loves his mom. He rules. He's currently single, dating only for the summer, but his last gf was just like him. She was very active (aerial dance, runner, cyclist, hard as a rock), has a JD, and works as an attorney. They broke up after 5 years and she's trying to get him back. I thought she was crazy for letting him go. Not only is he all that, but he's good; a good man.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
My best male friend fits the bill. He's 36, a project manager in IT, earns low 6 figures, has a master's degree, is 5'll, blue-eyed light brown hair, works out and is an avid cyclist. He has a widow's peak. I don't know if it's the start of a receding hair line, but his dad had all his hair. He knows how to party, has a ton of friends, loves his mom. He rules. He's currently single, dating only for the summer, but his last gf was just like him. She was very active (aerial dance, runner, cyclist, hard as a rock), has a JD, and works as an attorney. They broke up after 5 years and she's trying to get him back. I thought she was crazy for letting him go. Not only is he all that, but he's good; a good man.
My best male friend fits the bill as well. He has a runners build, is 6'1 or so, has a BSN and is working on his Masters in Nursing, makes good money and will only be making more as a trauma nurse once he finishes school and he's a pretty fantastic person. His fiancee is pretty wonderful as well. My other guy friend works out, has a degree, works as a teacher and makes pretty good money (owns his own house/car etc.). These men aren't difficult to find.

You live in the Boston area, just riding on the T during commute times and there are ALWAYS ridiculously good looking men, and I'm guessing successful based on their clothing, around.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:10 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,184,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
My best male friend fits the bill as well. He has a runners build, is 6'1 or so, has a BSN and is working on his Masters in Nursing, makes good money and will only be making more as a trauma nurse once he finishes school and he's a pretty fantastic person. His fiancee is pretty wonderful as well. My other guy friend works out, has a degree, works as a teacher and makes pretty good money (owns his own house/car etc.). These men aren't difficult to find.

You live in the Boston area, just riding on the T during commute times and there are ALWAYS ridiculously good looking men, and I'm guessing successful based on their clothing, around.
Yea, our area of the country is ripe with young, successful people. Although, we're all home today. How are you holding up? I hope they catch him today.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Yea, our area of the country is ripe with young, successful people. Although, we're all home today. How are you holding up? I hope they catch him today.
Ugh. Been cooped up all day, everything is sooo quiet. I was out with a date last night and we were hanging out in Harvard square just before the big manhunt started. Really freaked me out this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships