Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 01:18 PM

111 posts, read 293,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Will a man with all those attributes want to date you? Do you have a degree, and a great career? I work with many college educated men, and some will not date a woman who is not their equal when it comes to what they bring to the table.
Yes I do have a degree and have a great career. I make good money like they guys I work with. I drive a nice car. I own a house which is halfway paid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 01:20 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
She says she doesn't have any issues finding, and presumably dating, the guys that meet her 'requirements' so I guess I don't see what the problem is?

I mean, my standards are basically 'Don't want to punch him, not morbidly obese, supports himself, doesn't have a criminal record, doesn't do drugs' and I can't seem to find a guy that matches all those super high standards who wants to date me.

Attractive women are allowed to have standards, so if she's successful then obviously her standards are fine.
Those are now high standards? Those to me seem like obvious ones. Then again going by what I saw online it seemed most of the guys were missing at least one of those.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:22 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdatgirl View Post
Yes I do have a degree and have a great career. I make good money like they guys I work with. I drive a nice car. I own a house which is halfway paid.
Good for you, I wish you luck!!

Old 04-18-2013, 01:30 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
She says she doesn't have any issues finding, and presumably dating, the guys that meet her 'requirements' so I guess I don't see what the problem is?

I mean, my standards are basically 'Don't want to punch him, not morbidly obese, supports himself, doesn't have a criminal record, doesn't do drugs' and I can't seem to find a guy that matches all those super high standards who wants to date me.

Attractive women are allowed to have standards, so if she's successful then obviously her standards are fine.
That may me laugh at loud. You're too funny. I don't see what the problem is either.

Quote:
Maybe it was a typo, but loosing? Not understanding the differences between may be and maybe? Ummm, unacceptable. I'm not a spelling/grammar Nazi as I can hardly string a sentence together myself, but there needs to be a degree of walking the walk here.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:40 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
My friends said that because I decline invitations from other guys who don't meet my qualifications, I maybe loosing my chances of meeting some great guys. That I should lower my standards. A friend got engaged to a guy that I honestly wouldn't date. I think she can find a better catch than him. But she lowered her standards just to get married. I personally, wouldn't do it.
I kind of understand.

I would like to own and drive a Bentley but circumstances in the funds department has made me lower my standards for something else. Still ok.... Just wished for the better at times.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:47 PM

111 posts, read 293,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That may me laugh at loud. You're too funny. I don't see what the problem is either.

Maybe it was a typo, but loosing? Not understanding the differences between may be and maybe? Ummm, unacceptable. I'm not a spelling/grammar Nazi as I can hardly string a sentence together myself, but there needs to be a degree of walking the walk here.
Yeah same as " that may me laugh at loud".

Old 04-18-2013, 02:08 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Yeah same as " that may me laugh at loud".
Not really. Loosing and losing is its own beast. And you know it's not autocorrect.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:19 PM

766 posts, read 1,657,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
If you aren't having problems - then what difference does it make?
That's what I am thinking. Whether its silly or not if it working for you what does it matter. My friends need to read this though. I think they would leave me alone lol.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:35 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,372,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I would have to agree with this
What's weird is just about every guy I know fits the OP's "high" standards - college degree, manager, fit, attractive, between 5'9 -6'2 (average male height, I think). I never considered these extremely high standards.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:38 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,372,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
That's the real question. If a guy truly has all this in the bag, there is little incentive for him to settle down, unless he is also of a traditional mindset.
But plenty of guys with these standards do settle down - for LOVE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships