Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 10:29 AM

5,312 posts, read 6,078,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
Directed towards the OP…

“Oh wow” “Here we go”

There always has to be one….

I am sure you have preferences correct? You stated you are mostly attracted to shorter women however taller ones are “Beautiful too” That statement alone stated your preference…

In the latter of your post you did an impromptu PSA to shorter men, Alas, a great attitude and being charismatic will prevail?

Basically shunning women whom are attracted to taller men? Why is this?
In a world where the reality that exists ‘Different strokes for different folks” you are sticking it to women whom like taller men as “bad?” Or they do not know what they are “missing”

Truth is?

There are men ( You might be included) that prefer :
1. Athletic women…therefore curvy women do not spark your interest
2. Thin women ( waif like) therefore athletic women do not even make the grade ( May have more muscles than they do)
3. Blonde hair, blue or green eyes
4. Red heads make their pulse race
5. Ethnic women, exotic women, they do not know why but this is what does it for them
6. Long hair
7. Short hair
8. Big boobs
9. Big butt
10. Small boobs,
Ect…I could go on and on…

These attributes somehow seem allowable but a woman stating that a tall man makes her pulse race is somehow unimaginable? I call this a HUGE double standard…

However I am wondering what the responses would be if a big woman were to make a thread stating “BBW’S everywhere a great attitude and being charismatic will prevail” what reaction would she receive?

Her stating “In my experience there are men that love BBW’S and as to why men love toothpicks when they could have a real woman shun full figured women, is of mystery to me”

I am sure there would be many men stating puns, inappropriate comments, stating they have nothing against size it is health related blah blah…
There will always be an excuse other than the truth that exists, people are attracted to whom they are attracted to…period..

I have dated in my lifetime 4 men that have been as tall as I am ( 5’6.5) or a little taller ( 5’7-5’8) and one of them was extremely fit…6 pack, hot face and ect…there were other factors that led to us breaking up..I would post his pic but out of respect for him I will not…
The constant factor was his height…It came to me when we were in 7/11 buying coffee one evening , I had heels on, which made me 5’9 \, I came to stand behind him and I saw that I could talk over him to the cashier…That was it for me..
It was at the moment that I knew why all of his ex’s were 5’0-5’2..
I could not do it…period…
My father is Hispanic ( I am not) I am half native american and half irish and gained my height from my fathers side obviously..
I am considered above average in height for american women in the USA..
My father is 5’9...
My mother is 5’3..Perfect match..
My ex husband and father of my son? 6’1.
My son? Is 16 and 5’10..He will reach 6’0 before 18...
My sisters ex? Father of her first son? Is 6’5, her son? 6’3.5
My sisters current husband? Hawaiian/fillipino? 5’10
Her children with him will not be that tall but at least be 5’10 god willing..

There is nothing in me that made me like tall men, it is just what I have always liked, what I have always gravitated towards…Ethnicity? Is of no consequence to me, I have always been attracted to height period…no matter how charismatic, smart or good looking..
Does this make me shallow or a bish?
No…Look to the above before you decide to make a thread…
Can you yourself say you GIVE EVERY woman a fair shake? Ethnicity, body type, height a chance? Exactly…
Where did you get that from the op? you're really reaching there..

You also claim the op is ignorant and you respond with some more ignorance praying that youre sisters sons are at least 5'10 otherwise somethings wrong with them lol

Also leading a guy on and them dumping him because you realized you stood over him in heels is real classy lol.

AS a short guy its such a great feeling knowing i could hit it off great with a women and one day becasue of a pair of shoes shell realize she has no feelings for me anymore..

Last edited by JBT1980; 04-20-2013 at 10:37 AM..

Old 04-20-2013, 10:36 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,580,727 times
It just shows you that what "people" say they want, and what they actualy go for, are often two very different things - sometimes complete ooposites. And when I say people, I mean the one gender who has no clue what they want. Online dating blows for guys who are shorter or less attractive, because they often get ignored by the very same women that would fall for them in real life due to their confidence, wit and charme, you know- the things that actualy matter when it comes to attracting women.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:41 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,572,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
Directed towards the OP…

“Oh wow” “Here we go”

There always has to be one….

I am sure you have preferences correct? You stated you are mostly attracted to shorter women however taller ones are “Beautiful too” That statement alone stated your preference…

In the latter of your post you did an impromptu PSA to shorter men, Alas, a great attitude and being charismatic will prevail?

Basically shunning women whom are attracted to taller men? Why is this?
In a world where the reality that exists ‘Different strokes for different folks” you are sticking it to women whom like taller men as “bad?” Or they do not know what they are “missing”

Truth is?

There are men ( You might be included) that prefer :
1. Athletic women…therefore curvy women do not spark your interest
2. Thin women ( waif like) therefore athletic women do not even make the grade ( May have more muscles than they do)
3. Blonde hair, blue or green eyes
4. Red heads make their pulse race
5. Ethnic women, exotic women, they do not know why but this is what does it for them
6. Long hair
7. Short hair
8. Big boobs
9. Big butt
10. Small boobs,
Ect…I could go on and on…

These attributes somehow seem allowable but a woman stating that a tall man makes her pulse race is somehow unimaginable? I call this a HUGE double standard…

However I am wondering what the responses would be if a big woman were to make a thread stating “BBW’S everywhere a great attitude and being charismatic will prevail” what reaction would she receive?

Her stating “In my experience there are men that love BBW’S and as to why men love toothpicks when they could have a real woman shun full figured women, is of mystery to me”

I am sure there would be many men stating puns, inappropriate comments, stating they have nothing against size it is health related blah blah…
There will always be an excuse other than the truth that exists, people are attracted to whom they are attracted to…period..

I have dated in my lifetime 4 men that have been as tall as I am ( 5’6.5) or a little taller ( 5’7-5’8) and one of them was extremely fit…6 pack, hot face and ect…there were other factors that led to us breaking up..I would post his pic but out of respect for him I will not…
The constant factor was his height…It came to me when we were in 7/11 buying coffee one evening , I had heels on, which made me 5’9 \, I came to stand behind him and I saw that I could talk over him to the cashier…That was it for me..
It was at the moment that I knew why all of his ex’s were 5’0-5’2..
I could not do it…period…
My father is Hispanic ( I am not) I am half native american and half irish and gained my height from my fathers side obviously..
I am considered above average in height for american women in the USA..
My father is 5’9...
My mother is 5’3..Perfect match..
My ex husband and father of my son? 6’1.
My son? Is 16 and 5’10..He will reach 6’0 before 18...
My sisters ex? Father of her first son? Is 6’5, her son? 6’3.5
My sisters current husband? Hawaiian/fillipino? 5’10
Her children with him will not be that tall but at least be 5’10 god willing..

There is nothing in me that made me like tall men, it is just what I have always liked, what I have always gravitated towards…Ethnicity? Is of no consequence to me, I have always been attracted to height period…no matter how charismatic, smart or good looking..
Does this make me shallow or a bish?
No…Look to the above before you decide to make a thread…
Can you yourself say you GIVE EVERY woman a fair shake? Ethnicity, body type, height a chance? Exactly…
I think people should just own their shallowness and get over it. I think the reason short people(men) feel jaded in the dating game is because it usually has more influence than things like hair color. Most traits other than height and ethnicity are things than can be changed, improved upon, or altered in some way or another.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:39 PM

13,574 posts, read 9,588,338 times
Height-inferiority complex is ubiquitous on this forum! There seem to be two categories of guys who really obsess over height:

1. 1. Men who are shorter than their fathers. With better diet and medicine with every successive generation, it’s just so unfair that junior would end up shorter than dad!

2. 2. Men who are slightly shorter than average (5’7”-5’9” range) who are within striking distance of being in the top-half… “If only I could have scored another 2 inches!”

But as JBT1980 (and others) pointed out, online dating, with its rapid-fire checklists of “factual’ data, can result in otherwise eligible men getting filtered out… which encourages men to lie about their height in their online profiles… which causes women to become more jaded and suspicious, and so forth… vicious circle!

Old 04-20-2013, 12:42 PM

5,749 posts, read 10,333,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
It just shows you that what "people" say they want, and what they actualy go for, are often two very different things - sometimes complete ooposites. And when I say people, I mean the one gender who has no clue what they want. Online dating blows for guys who are shorter or less attractive, because they often get ignored by the very same women that would fall for them in real life due to their confidence, wit and charme, you know- the things that actualy matter when it comes to attracting women.
You are speaking for an entire gender?

Old 04-20-2013, 12:44 PM

51,904 posts, read 52,278,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
LOL, I read that too and was thinking the same.....

Old 04-20-2013, 12:47 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,817,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
I'm 5'7". Not super short, but definetly below the male average. I weigh a buck sixty with an athletic build. I do very well with women and have often been told that I am the smallest dude they've been with lol, but there was just something about me. I often hang with women as tall or a little taller than me. Obviously I like shorter women, but tall ones are beautiful too.

The point that I am making here, after my own experiences with women and lots of research, is that height is an overrated attribute in men. I'm not saying it's not attractive, because I know it is. But don't fret my fellow short men. Charisma, charm, attitude, and status / value is what attracts women, not just height. Disagree? Elaborate.

If you've got to make a new thread about this, something is up

Old 04-20-2013, 01:26 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,934,838 times
Like I said, don't try to tell this to the women who uses height as the cut off to there dating preferences. It's like the most shallow preference a person can have.

But, these people aren't worth the time and effort, because if someone has this preference, it's just the tip of the iceberg to there shallowness.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:30 PM

29,627 posts, read 34,107,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
And he's speaking for the entire gender that he does not belong to, to boot!

Old 04-20-2013, 01:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,539,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
I think people should just own their shallowness and get over it. I think the reason short people(men) feel jaded in the dating game is because it usually has more influence than things like hair color. Most traits other than height and ethnicity are things than can be changed, improved upon, or altered in some way or another.
Then EVERYONE is shallow. Every single person has physical 'dealbreakers' and whether or not they can be changed, improved upon or altered is of no matter because peoples bodies are ALWAYS changing.

I'm a tall chick who has been rejected more times than I can count for being 'too tall', so it's not like it's just women with a silly height preference. I've actually had guys say 'I think it's weird that in heels you're __ " taller than I am' and then they disappear. Hell, I had a guy who was 6'8 tell me I was too tall for him.

I've also had guys disappear after finding out about my genetic disorder and my scars. That's not something I can change, but apparently having a large scar on my stomach and never being able to have a flat stomach or wear a bikini is a dealbreaker for the vast majority of men.

Nearly everyone is shallow, some just don't like to admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships