Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 04:27 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscombobulateYa View Post
Because women get caught up in relationships based on their emotions. So they sacrifice the guy who is right in front of them everyday,who would give them his heart and soul. For the dumb-ass numb skull who in the temporary scheme of things. Knows how to feed her all the right words,and how to push those emotional buttons. And emotions are as fleeting as the wind,and so are the men that play them. And then history just sadly has a great tendency of repeating itself.
Yeah, men don't get involved on an emotional level in relationships at all. They're all logic, like Mr. Spock.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 08:50 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,335 times
Any number of reasons but primarily they are unattracktive and/or are lousy in bed.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:09 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
But, everyone settles on somethings. There are no perfect people.
To me there are two ideas of settling. One is looks and superficiality based and the other morals and values. For example if I said I only date men 6 feet tall who are lawyers and drive sports cars and someone said they know a fantastic 5'9 man who drives a Focus and is in management this would be settling but makes sense. After all there aren't many 6 feet tall lawyers who drive sports cars. On the other hand if someone tried to match me up with a man with 5 baby mamas he didn't marry and they knew I didn't date dads I would refuse and if I said yes this would be unhappily settling. Sure the first case might make me upset but would find that I was being stupid.

Btw I don't have a preference for 6 foot tall lawyers with sports cars, using it as an example.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
No one has ever said to me "you must settle" personally I find that pathetic

No one is perfect but I believe there are people who are perfect for each other
Unfortunately I have been told this. I always get "you're old you need to take anyone" as people then try to match me up with high school dropouts with criminal records.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
To me there are two ideas of settling. One is looks and superficiality based and the other morals and values. For example if I said I only date men 6 feet tall who are lawyers and drive sports cars and someone said they know a fantastic 5'9 man who drives a Focus and is in management this would be settling but makes sense. After all there aren't many 6 feet tall lawyers who drive sports cars. On the other hand if someone tried to match me up with a man with 5 baby mamas he didn't marry and they knew I didn't date dads I would refuse and if I said yes this would be unhappily settling. Sure the first case might make me upset but would find that I was being stupid.

Btw I don't have a preference for 6 foot tall lawyers with sports cars, using it as an example.
I know of at least 5 right off the top of my head that meet your requirements

Just anecdotal and kind of funny to me. All of them are single, btw.... Boston has no shortage of tall lawyers, that's for sure.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I know of at least 5 right off the top of my head that meet your requirements

Just anecdotal and kind of funny to me. All of them are single, btw.... Boston has no shortage of tall lawyers, that's for sure.
I guess that proves that nothing is really that unattainable no matter how extreme it may seem to others. Not sure I'd want to move to Boston though now.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:31 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red4ce View Post
For people who still partake in traditional gender roles, men are still largely the initiators in a relationship. A man who ends up with an unsuitable woman isn't unlucky, he's a bad chooser. Women are restricted to whichever men happen to approach them, which introduces an element of luck in meeting the right guy.

The woman still ultimately decides to "choose" the guy though.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:33 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
I guess that proves that nothing is really that unattainable no matter how extreme it may seem to others. Not sure I'd want to move to Boston though now.
It's okay, I'm sure Boston will survive without you

Old 04-19-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's okay, I'm sure Boston will survive without you
Well, let's hope it does whether I am there or not. I have actually known several lawyers who were wealthy and drove sports cars (and lived in condos in downtown Chicago)but most were very self centered.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:44 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,010 times
Quote:
Unfortunately I have been told this. I always get "you're old you need to take anyone" as people then try to match me up with high school dropouts with criminal records.
If that was my only choice I'd stay single.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships