Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 02:13 AM

13,290 posts, read 15,230,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It may not be strenuous, maybe they just don't want to do it.
Read the post I was replying to

Old 04-21-2013, 02:16 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,193,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Are you still in the South, Kid? Are you still planning to transfer to the West Coast?
Actually I found a nice paying job in my industry after I graduate here, and I want to get some experience before grad school. So the west coast will have to wait.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:17 AM

102,067 posts, read 106,933,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Actually I found a nice paying job in my industry after I graduate here, and I want to get some experience before grad school. So the west coast will have to wait.
The coast, with all those mountains in proximity, is where the hikers are. Generally, people tend to be a little more outdoorsy and athletic than in the South, I think. Very generally-speaking.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:25 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,537,716 times
Quote:
...Well, I think going on walks is fun.

It's hard enough to find single girls my age that aren't into hook-up culture here. It's even harder to find someone that's active.
So do I. I went on an hour-ish walk on a date around Harvard just a few nights ago. Had a lot of fun, but we were just casually strolling and eating frozen yogurt and eventually settled on a bench. You make it sound like you want to power walk for hours and that really doesn't sound fun at all.

And trust me...everyone is into hook up culture regardless of gender if you're in your 20s-mid 30s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Read the post I was replying to
Does it matter? I was adding another opinion, not following that conversation exactly.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:58 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,193,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So do I. I went on an hour-ish walk on a date around Harvard just a few nights ago. Had a lot of fun, but we were just casually strolling and eating frozen yogurt and eventually settled on a bench. You make it sound like you want to power walk for hours and that really doesn't sound fun at all.

And trust me...everyone is into hook up culture regardless of gender if you're in your 20s-mid 30s.

Does it matter? I was adding another opinion, not following that conversation exactly.
It seems that way . I dated a few women that were looking for serious boyfriends, but they weren't compatible with me.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:59 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,509,080 times
Quote:
I've been doing some running lately around a series of blocks. I've chatted to four joggers that I came across, three of them had a boyfriend and one was wearing an engagement ring.
There's more out there though Hurricane and they're usually very pretty with great legs however their feet sometimes are not as pretty due to the running. he he I know most of the women in my husbands running circle are very lovely. And yes some of the like extreme or ultra sports because they enjoy challenging themselves.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:04 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,509,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The coast, with all those mountains in proximity, is where the hikers are. Generally, people tend to be a little more outdoorsy and athletic than in the South, I think. Very generally-speaking.
Yeah I think that is true to some degree or else the South just attracts athletic types due to the longer springs, summers and falls. Rarely does it get too cold to run, walk or hike. But then again there mountain climbers, hikers and avid cross country skiers up north too.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:50 AM

50,135 posts, read 35,792,448 times
The whole issue here isn't whether long walks on a date are fun, or whether being active on a date is fun...I actually like walking The issue is that the OP is taking a line in a profile "I like long walks on the beach" as meaning that the person is athletic and wouldn't mind an active date.....then when they balk at the OP's date suggestion of a 30 mile bike ride to the beach and then a 2 hour walk on the beach....he thinks they LIED in their profile about liking long walks on the beach, when really the meanings are very different in this context. Usually long walk on the beach suggests meandering holding hands, strolling in the moonlight, not an athletic endeavor.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:53 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,682,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The whole issue here isn't whether long walks on a date are fun, or whether being active on a date is fun...I actually like walking The issue is that the OP is taking a line in a profile "I like long walks on the beach" as meaning that the person is athletic and wouldn't mind an active date.....then when they balk at the OP's date suggestion of a 30 mile bike ride to the beach and then a 2 hour walk on the beach....he thinks they LIED in their profile about liking long walks on the beach, when really the meanings are very different in this context. Usually long walk on the beach suggests meandering holding hands, strolling in the moonlight, not an athletic endeavor.
Exactly!

Old 04-21-2013, 10:18 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,675,269 times
Well I'm just halfway messing with HK. I'm just imagining him on a date, walking through the sand in military boots at a pace that's almost impossible for most people, his poor date struggling to keep up, a good 200-300 feet behind him, while he's yelling, "Come on you useless maggot! This beach ain't gonna walk itself!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships