Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 08:35 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,111,576 times

Advertisements

Most women in such a place regard any man who isn't absolutely perfect in terms of looks a "creep" and won't even consider talking to them or dancing with them. It's probably one of the worst places to try to meet women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 08:44 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1for-the-road View Post
This has me wondering if nightclubs are still the best place to meet women. How many of us can say that most of our relationships or even a good portion, have resulted from people we've actually met at a nightclubs as opposed to some other place?
I think nightclubs are the best place to meet the kind of women who go to nightclubs. Plenty of women out there wouldn't set foot in one. I can count on one hand the number of times that I've been to a nightclub in the past ten years. Like people have said, they're loud, crowded, expensive, and yes, predatory. It's not my bag, so it's a terrible place to meet a woman like me.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:51 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Has anyone here noticed lately, many women don't socialize or dance with random guys in clubs? Many girls only dance with people they came with. If you're a single guy, you're out of luck on many nights. I would say the dance floor has three groups, two of which are vastly superior in size compared to the third. The first group is girls dancing with guys they came with. The second is girls dancing with their girlfriends or other girls. By far the smallest group tends to be girls dancing with random guys whom they've just met. Nowadays the knee-jerk response from a girl who is asked to dance is "no thanks". Whether you're a nice looking guy, or have a great personality seems to almost be a non-factor. I think it's just a sign of the times. As we've evolved as a society, we've regressed socially. For every technological advancement we've made, we seemingly have taken a step backwards in terms of how we interact amongst ourselves. We all know that it's easier to get a girl to dance after you strike up a conversation,(if you can hear yourselves over the music), but many women have become so self-conscious, awkward, leery of men in terms of their character, full of themselves, or just plain neurotic, they simply don't dance with guys they don't know on some level outside of that establishment. Many women in clubs come with their combat-game faces on, and simply don't allow themselves to be approached. This has me wondering if nightclubs are still the best place to meet women. How many of us can say that most of our relationships or even a good portion, have resulted from people we've actually met at a nightclubs as opposed to some other place?
I thought this was just a major problem in NYC, but yes its a problem nationwide. I have noticed this myself over the past few years and I don't even bother much with it. Night clubs are some of the most shallow environments any person can relish and revel in. Night clubs are supposed to be about dancing having a good time, but from what I have been told night club attitudes have changed from a generation ago. I have noticed that women dance in groups and no man will not penetrate this click. I remember some years ago I was in Vegas and I approached I some what unattractive woman from SF who were partying with friends. Any how I was dancing with her and her friends cockblocked. This type of cockblocking happened to me in other night spots in Atlantic City but also in my native NYC. Not sure if these friends of the woman I was dancing with were either jealous or may think or assume I might be a creep. Another thing is that clubs are a very shallow environment. If your not good looking man trying to get a average or below average woman with self inflated ego to score with or a man with money trying to pick up a pretty one for a one night stand, you are going to have a tough time. Its not only women that's the problem in nightclubs its also the men too.

Overall can an average guy meet a woman at a nightclub and develop into a relationship? Sure you can but its a rarity. To be honest nightclubs are not a good place to meet women for something longterm, its really a place only to meet for a hookup or one night stand and prostitution. Also nightclubs don't show revelers personality, it just shows a revelers wealth or if not wealth than his or her physical attractive assists. A month and change ago I met a woman at a lounge here in the city. She approached me which to me felt pretty weird because women generally do not approach unless if I have money or physically attractive, only thing that makes me attractive is just my height that's all. Any how we are trying to get to know each other and have fun, but again we don't call it a relationship at the moment.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:54 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,990 times
ewwww "The Hunting Arena". Blood, sweat, STDs, and heartache lurks there. lol I just imagine the Hunger Games. lol just kidding...

But like someone said...I don't think that was ever the BEST place to meet women...not if you're looking for something serious.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:02 AM

14 posts, read 15,351 times
Quote:
Are Night Clubs Still The Best Place To Meet Women?
You can't be serious. It's the worst place to meet women. What gave you that thought?

Old 08-31-2013, 09:30 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I thought this was just a major problem in NYC, but yes its a problem nationwide. I have noticed this myself over the past few years and I don't even bother much with it. Night clubs are some of the most shallow environments any person can relish and revel in. Night clubs are supposed to be about dancing having a good time, but from what I have been told night club attitudes have changed from a generation ago. I have noticed that women dance in groups and no man will not penetrate this click. I remember some years ago I was in Vegas and I approached I some what unattractive woman from SF who were partying with friends. Any how I was dancing with her and her friends cockblocked. This type of cockblocking happened to me in other night spots in Atlantic City but also in my native NYC. Not sure if these friends of the woman I was dancing with were either jealous or may think or assume I might be a creep. Another thing is that clubs are a very shallow environment. If your not good looking man trying to get a average or below average woman with self inflated ego to score with or a man with money trying to pick up a pretty one for a one night stand, you are going to have a tough time. Its not only women that's the problem in nightclubs its also the men too.

Overall can an average guy meet a woman at a nightclub and develop into a relationship? Sure you can but its a rarity. To be honest nightclubs are not a good place to meet women for something longterm, its really a place only to meet for a hookup or one night stand and prostitution. Also nightclubs don't show revelers personality, it just shows a revelers wealth or if not wealth than his or her physical attractive assists. A month and change ago I met a woman at a lounge here in the city. She approached me which to me felt pretty weird because women generally do not approach unless if I have money or physically attractive, only thing that makes me attractive is just my height that's all. Any how we are trying to get to know each other and have fun, but again we don't call it a relationship at the moment.
On that thread that I staryed last year I discussed some of these issues as well. Women dancing with other women and touchunig each other in a sexually suggestive way that you would not expect two straight women to act like and stuff like that. I think it has gotten worse and worse over that last decade or so.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:33 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,098,331 times
Quote:
Has anyone here noticed lately, many women don't socialize or dance with random guys in clubs? Many girls only dance with people they came with. If you're a single guy, you're out of luck on many nights. I would say the dance floor has three groups, two of which are vastly superior in size compared to the third. The first group is girls dancing with guys they came with. The second is girls dancing with their girlfriends or other girls. By far the smallest group tends to be girls dancing with random guys whom they've just met. Nowadays the knee-jerk response from a girl who is asked to dance is "no thanks". Whether you're a nice looking guy, or have a great personality seems to almost be a non-factor. I think it's just a sign of the times. As we've evolved as a society, we've regressed w socially. For every technological advancement we've made, we seemingly have taken a step backwards in terms of how we interact amongst ourselves. We all know that it's easier to get a girl to dance after you strike up a conversation,(if you can hear yourselves over the music), but many women have become so self-conscious, awkward, leery of men in terms of their character, full of themselves, or just plain neurotic, they simply don't dance with guys they don't know on some level outside of that establishment. Many women in clubs come with their combat-game faces on, and simply don't allow themselves to be approached. This has me wondering if nightclubs are still the best place to meet women. How many of us can say that most of our relationships or even a good portion, have resulted from people we've actually met at a nightclubs as opposed to some other place?
Personally I think nightclubs are a good place to meet people if you enjoy nightclubs. Sure people go there to be social and hookup and stuff but the type of people your generally going to meet are women who enjoy nightclubs and if you don't enjoy nightclubs why would you want to meet someone who does. They are going to be wanting to go clubbing and if your more a homebody your not gonna enjoy that

Old 08-31-2013, 09:39 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
They're probably tired of being dry humped by strangers. I never was a club going person but I don't get how you are gonna hold a conversation while screaming?

Old 08-31-2013, 09:40 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
If nightclubs were the best place to meet people, society is doing it wrong.

Did you get this idea from some movies you watched or something?

Old 08-31-2013, 10:12 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Nightclubs are a place to dance, flirt and have a few cocktails....not a place to meet a serious partner. I'll be going to a few clubs next week in Vegas and I usually end up finding a few people to chat with or hang out with for the evening, but I'm a bit of a chatty cathy so there's that. Last year my sister and I met up with some really nice Australian software developers in town for a conference. Most were married, but we all had a nice time and they were nothing but gentleman, and we ended up going out the next night as well. I would say they were the exception to the rule though.

There have been quite a few marriages and relationships that started at a local bar back home as well, but it's more of a Cheers-esque bar so everyone is pretty close. I met some of my closest friends at that bar Again, that's an exception to the rule though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships