Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 06:02 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Well, I wasn't giving a story about myself to just talk about myself... I was telling you a way to stop getting flaked on. Go try it, who cares if you're uncomfortable doing it... ? The girl is probably uncomfortable going out with a guy she only had a 20 minute conversation with and hasn't heard anything from them in 2 days other than a confirmation.

In anything in life, if something isn't going your way .. it means you're doing something wrong.
Not necessarily. Every woman is different. Therefore there is no completely right or wrong way to do anything. Some women will expect you to be a mind reader with those subtle hints they give. If a woman i don't know smiles in my direction i just think its for someone behind me and ignore it. Some women will expect you to be perfect and smooth at all times. I wouldn't even consider speaking to these women. I am human, i make mistakes, if you can't handle that, too bad. Thankfully the women whom have been in my life have been neither of these. Sorry, but the dog walking thing is fallacy. I have had two dogs for about 15 years each and would take them for walks and never did a woman come up to us ever. Its the guy walking the dog. If he is attractive he and the dog will be approached. If not it is not happening. To the poster who stated God will put her in your way. If that is the case then she has already come and gone. A depressing thought indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 07:09 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Not necessarily. Every woman is different. Therefore there is no completely right or wrong way to do anything. Some women will expect you to be a mind reader with those subtle hints they give. If a woman i don't know smiles in my direction i just think its for someone behind me and ignore it. Some women will expect you to be perfect and smooth at all times. I wouldn't even consider speaking to these women. I am human, i make mistakes, if you can't handle that, too bad. Thankfully the women whom have been in my life have been neither of these. Sorry, but the dog walking thing is fallacy. I have had two dogs for about 15 years each and would take them for walks and never did a woman come up to us ever. Its the guy walking the dog. If he is attractive he and the dog will be approached. If not it is not happening. To the poster who stated God will put her in your way. If that is the case then she has already come and gone. A depressing thought indeed.

You're right, every woman is different but for the most part all humans are pretty similar and react the same. How many people meet someone, barely get to know them and are totally excited a week later to go out with that person?

It's not so much "women" advice as much as it is just general human reactions. You need something to make her want to go out with you over her other plans? Most people are busy and have things to do, and going out with a random person isn't exactly going to be on the top of their list when it comes down to it.

If women always flake on the guy and he never gets dates, it's safe to say majority of the women are acting the same way..

Old 04-22-2013, 07:44 AM

27,541 posts, read 28,625,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Print out the 200+ pages of advice people have already given you on your previous threads under your various incarnations, and follow people's advice for a change!
LOL, I've seen a lot of the other sock puppets.

To the 24-year-old OP: I'd say go to med school and become a doctor if you're that desperate to become a woman magnet. You have to make a major change like that for it to happen.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
You're right, every woman is different but for the most part all humans are pretty similar and react the same. How many people meet someone, barely get to know them and are totally excited a week later to go out with that person?

It's not so much "women" advice as much as it is just general human reactions. You need something to make her want to go out with you over her other plans? Most people are busy and have things to do, and going out with a random person isn't exactly going to be on the top of their list when it comes down to it.

If women always flake on the guy and he never gets dates, it's safe to say majority of the women are acting the same way..
I agree. My larger point was that these women that flake should be ignored. No excuse for lying to a guy. If you have no interest in going out with him just say so. I should have added this category to my list of women to ignore as well.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:54 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillReigning View Post
Perhaps I'm not articulating this well enough but I'm not worried about dying alone. It's that the idea of living my whole life without ever finding somebody is just brutal. I feel like I have a lot to give...only need an opportunity
I totally understand. But I will caution you about one thing: When you finally find someone, do not get married to them (if you are indeed the marrying kind) unless you are 110 percent positive that she is The One. Don't get married because you are afraid of growing old alone. Better to find the right one than to find the first one.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:00 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,717,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillReigning View Post
Any thoughts on this?
just give up

Old 04-22-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
I agree. My larger point was that these women that flake should be ignored. No excuse for lying to a guy. If you have no interest in going out with him just say so. I should have added this category to my list of women to ignore as well.

What I'm saying is that majority of those women probably wouldn't have flaked if they got to know him better before the date or had something more to look forward to. You can call these women jerks or bad people for flaking, but can you really blame them?

Do something about it, and learn to keep a woman's interest instead of villainizing them.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
What I'm saying is that majority of those women probably wouldn't have flaked if they got to know him better before the date or had something more to look forward to. You can call these women jerks or bad people for flaking, but can you really blame them?

Do something about it, and learn to keep a woman's interest instead of villainizing them.
I am not villainizing women just those lacking common courtesy and possessing selfishness. These women would have flaked whether the op kept their interest or not. As soon as there was a lull these women would have flaked anyway. I never villianize women. I have never been mistreated by women. Next time actually read my post and you will see these or those or some women. Never all women. I can't speak for the op but there is no way i would try to keep the interest of a woman whom chooses to behave like this.

Last edited by jma501; 04-22-2013 at 08:52 AM..

Old 04-22-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
I am not villainizing women just a lack common courtesy. These women would have flaked whether the op kept their interest or not. As soon as there is a lull she would flake anyway. I never villianize women. I have never been mistreated by women. Next time actually read my post and you will see these or those or some women. Never all women.

I understood your post completely.. I just don't agree with it. Just like you said the women that flaked would have flaked either way.

Maybe they're just not feeling comfortable going out? Maybe they're really nervous and decide to cancel? There are a lot of reasons why someone might cancel after giving their number out to a cold approach.

I'm simply giving the OP some advice on how to cut down the percentage of women that flake, by a lot. I used to get flaked on all the time, it bothered me. I changed things up, and have only been flaked on one time in a year. The time I was actually flaked on was a date I was not too excited about and wanted to golf instead. I didn't call her that day to confirm and waited to see if she would. She didn't either and I was ok with that.

Most women are nervous when they go on dates, regardless of how good looking they are. People don't really like being nervous or anxious, the less nerve wrecking you make it and the more they know you, the more they're going to be excited about going.

The OP doesn't have to take my advice, but to continue the same process time after time of receiving poor results just doesn't make much sense.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:07 AM

The op needs to learn to identify women who would flake on him. That way he can write them off and concentrate on finding women whom are sincere, honest, and forthright. Like the women who came through my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships