Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 02:14 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times

Advertisements

I do not understand how the OP can say she has no money and noplace to go, when she has stated explicitly in various posts that she is employed and her parents live 3 minutes away. Since she and her husband both work, certainly there is some sort of child care in place, so...

What gives? Why does she keep saying she has "nothing"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 03:19 PM

432 posts, read 1,228,435 times
Men like this like the power and if you insulted them it may actually cause more rage in them. I speak from experience and have felt those hands around my neck choking me while he was yelling at me never to speak to him like that again.

After he asked and served everyone else ice cream, I spoke up and said Why haven't you offered me any? He ignored me. His adult daughter and her family sat there and ate their ice cream and didn't say a word. I had to get up and get myself some ice cream.

He waited until everyone left and then he attacked me. Everyone deserves respect so I was just speaking up, but of course he did not have any respect for me and he was yelling that I "embarrassed him" by saying that in front of his daughter and her husband and kids ??? What the?? I was the one embarrassed being ignored in a room of 6 people but that didn't matter cause I didn't matter.

Please don't add anything to his pile of rubbish, he is not going to change now and you don't want to start a fire.

Just leave and get the professional help you need. Your life will improve and your children will thank you one day for it.

Last edited by Keeper; 05-01-2013 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: quoted post removed

Old 04-30-2013, 05:14 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,569 times
Telling her to be violent with him is terrible advice.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:18 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2M View Post
Don't listen to the above poster please! I would be more afraid of you getting physically hurt if you decided to speak up and insult him back.

Men like this like the power and if you insulted them it may actually cause more rage in them. I speak from experience and have felt those hands around my neck choking me while he was yelling at me never to speak to him like that again.

After he asked and served everyone else ice cream, I spoke up and said Why haven't you offered me any? He ignored me. His adult daughter and her family sat there and ate their ice cream and didn't say a word. I had to get up and get myself some ice cream.

He waited until everyone left and then he attacked me. Everyone deserves respect so I was just speaking up, but of course he did not have any respect for me and he was yelling that I "embarrassed him" by saying that in front of his daughter and her husband and kids ??? What the?? I was the one embarrassed being ignored in a room of 6 people but that didn't matter cause I didn't matter.

Please don't add anything to his pile of rubbish, he is not going to change now and you don't want to start a fire.

Just leave and get the professional help you need. Your life will improve and your children will thank you one day for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Your posts are absurd, but this one takes the cake. Have you left your mother's apron strings yet?

"Tell him to get his act together." Right. Yell back. I am guessing you have never been in ANY relationship, let alone an abusive one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Telling her to be violent with him is terrible advice.
Really. Getting violent or firing back at him would be like throwing gasoline on a fire. It's a great way to get hurt or killed.

OP, you know what you need to do, for yourself and for your kids, and that is leave. I hope you find the strength to do so soon.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:24 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
OP get advice from your local shelter. Not this tool.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:29 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I do not understand how the OP can say she has no money and noplace to go, when she has stated explicitly in various posts that she is employed and her parents live 3 minutes away. Since she and her husband both work, certainly there is some sort of child care in place, so...

What gives? Why does she keep saying she has "nothing"?
Not to mention the fact that her parents could handle child care, when she and the kids move in. I said "when", not "if" they move in. OP, there's no time like the present. Sure, it's a big step, but there's no other solution. Screw up your courage, and do what you have to do. Talk to the counselor about it, or call a shelter to get someone to help talk you through it. btw, do your parents even know there's a problem? If not, by all means, talk to them, and enlist their moral support!

Old 04-30-2013, 06:50 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
What caused him to turn into a completely different person? Could it have been drama or stress caused within the relationship?

Old 05-01-2013, 02:46 AM

432 posts, read 1,228,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
If that happens, obviously she calls the cops. The VWA may be ridiculous, but it has its uses. Show the cops one shiner and he'll be screwed.
Let him get raped in holding and he'll calm down real quick, lol.
Think Reality Peanuttree!

He beats her. How does she just pick up the phone and calls the cops when it's happening? She can't.

If the cops do come it's not when its actually happening, the damage has already been done. She's gotten the shiner, the brain has shook in her head, maybe even a concussion, broken ribs, etc. She is in physical pain and maybe even the kids have witnessed the beating.

The cops arrest him, sure he may sit in a cell for a short period of time but then he's out again awaiting trial. During that time, sure there's a PIECE of PAPER saying don't go near her but that won't stop him.

He's really mad now, he's embarrassed by being arrested. He had to spend a night in jail, he's pissed off that she's involved the cops and is not obeying him.

Let's say he goes to jail, what type of sentence would he get? Not enough, maybe even probation depending on the outcome. He gets out of jail or he's on probation, hating that authorities has control over his life. What if he does get raped in jail, he is going to blame that all on her and his rage will continue to grow!

He following her around, watching her movements, when the opportunity arises his rage might make him totally snap and then she's dead by his hand.

The majority of murders are done by a person known to the victim, domestic violence murders are very high on that list.

Think in reality please. Words written on a piece of paper won't save her. She needs to leave that terrible situation. People say why didn't she do something years ago, why doesn't she stand up to him, well she didn't for what ever reason.

The fact is she is posting to strangers now that she needs help so that is what we need to try to give her, advice that will help her.

Last edited by back2M; 05-01-2013 at 02:58 AM..

Old 05-01-2013, 08:30 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
First and foremost please do not recommend violence to anyone.

Secondly, while many of our members have given the OP good advice, the first thing is you need to get you and your children to a safe place.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:41 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
If you think that letting the kids stay in the house is a good thing then you really need to talk to a counselor. First staying together for the kids when he treats you badly is not good for the kids. You are showing your kids that it is OK to be yelled at and have things thrown at you. It is OK for someone to make fun of you even if it hurts your feelings.

Your children will survive leaving the house but will you survive staying in house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships