Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 10:12 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,142,312 times

Advertisements

Don't have sex! - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 10:16 PM

691 posts, read 1,422,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
A HUGE turnoff for me on OKC these days are the guys who make it clear in their questions section that they are up for NSA sex, random hookups, sleeping with someone on the first date, open relationships, etc. and then appear to be clutching their pearls over STDs, while indicating that they do not get tested regularly.
Saying that they want NSA sex is a lot different from actually getting it. I'd bet 3/4 of those guys aren't actually getting laid.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:16 PM

4,701 posts, read 4,038,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
HPV and HSV can be transmitted even while using condoms. Most people don't even show symptoms of HPV and can pass it along to people while thinking they're being 'safe'. Then, someone gets cervical cancer and that's no fun at all.
Actually even genital herpes often have no symptoms at all. In more promiscuous places like New York 26% of residents have genital herpes. In many South American countries it is 50%.

The only way to really prevent getting genital herpes is to not have sex with a lot of people, or have sex with women/men who has had sex with a lot of people.

As you pointed out wearing a condom is not a foolproof way against herpes as it only covers the penis.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:19 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,261,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
They normally don't test you for herpes if you haven't asked specifically for it. STD Testing NOT Covering Herpes?

Also, why are you testing yourself once a year. Are you very sexually active? If you are, then you are very likely to have it.

It can be caught from the air but it is unlikely. Is It Possible to Transmit Herpes Through Saliva?
I specifically ask them to include it. It's been on every one of my results sheets that I've received.

And if I have sex once in a year, I still get tested annually. If you're very sexually active, it should be more than once a year. Nice to assume that because I'm responsible, I must be promiscuous though

Old 04-28-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
I specifically ask them to include it. It's been on every one of my results sheets that I've received.

And if I have sex once in a year, I still get tested annually. If you're very sexually active, it should be more than once a year. Nice to assume that because I'm responsible, I must be promiscuous though
I don't see any reason to get tested if I don't put myself in situations I might get infected. I might have the oral one as like 80% of my countrymen have it and I kissed someone from Peru where 95% have it, but I certainly don't have the genitalia one. What is the point of getting tested anyway, are you going to stop kissing people? Or have sex with people?

Do they test for both or just HPV-2?

Old 04-28-2013, 10:34 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,261,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I don't see any reason to get tested if I don't put myself in situations I might get infected. I might have the oral one as like 80% of my countrymen have it and I kissed someone from Peru where 95% have it, but I certainly don't have the genitalia one. What is the point of getting tested anyway, are you going to stop kissing people? Or have sex with people?

Do they test for both or just HPV-2?
If you have had sex with anyone who is not a virgin, you have put yourself in a situation where you could be infected. Are you really that naive?

With the permanent STDs, the point of getting tested is so that you can inform partners of what their risks are and treat any symptoms that may arise. And the other things like gonorrhea, syphilis and chlamydia can have serious health consequences if left untreated.

HPV has many strains. HSV 1 and HSV 2 are the herpes viruses of concern, and if you request it, they will test for both types.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
If you have had sex with anyone who is not a virgin, you have put yourself in a situation where you could be infected. Are you really that naive?
I have a girlfriend who is a virgin and we are waiting till marriage.

Quote:
With the permanent STDs, the point of getting tested is so that you can inform partners of what their risks are and treat any symptoms that may arise. And the other things like gonorrhea, syphilis and chlamydia can have serious health consequences if left untreated.

HPV has many strains. HSV 1 and HSV 2 are the herpes viruses of concern, and if you request it, they will test for both types.
So you ask every man you have sex with, to give you a full STD test? Cause that is the only way you can be safe. Even people who know they have bad STDs often don't mention it or assume condom will reduce all risk. There are also a lot of people who don't know they have it.

The only real way to reduce the risk is to not have sex with a lot of people. And don't have sex with someone who has had sex with a lot of people.

If you don't have sex with someone new yearly then there is no need to test yourself yearly.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:36 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,855,663 times
People who engage in random sex really deserve what they get for being stupid. There's no way I am having sex with someone on a first date, I don't even kiss on a first date. This is why I despise online dating.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:38 AM

10,932 posts, read 11,655,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
Any man who answers that question as "no" is a liar. Yet, that doesn't mean the don't want a relationship. I was unaware the other information were questions.
What question?

Old 04-29-2013, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
What question?
Having sex on the first date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships