Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 05:41 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,054,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I know what you mean, it's a good thing I've matured.

The worst is/was when I would witness a friend get shot down hard for absolutely no reason and he tries to mask the hurt by laughing it off. That gets under my skin so much.
That stuff was tough to watch..I had a buddy that was tenacious if not retarded when it came to hitting on women in bars and most times he ended up shot down like a goose at a pay lake..his standard line was always "that b***h is a lesbian"...he was serious and that was his coping mechanism...I kept him around because he never disappointed when it came to making a spectacle of himself in a funny,nonagressive way in every beer joint we were ever in.

I've never been to much on the "cold sell" with women..I hate to hassle people and I figure if they want to talk to me they'll come say something and since I have a decent sense of humor and usually have a herd of idiots around me it has always worked..as I said earlier..I'm kind lazy when it comes to "chasing" women and I can cold shoulder an arrogant woman as easy as she can cold shoulder me..."oh!you don't want some of bigdaddy loveguns?well just kick rocks on down the road baby cause your sister will"...yeah,that's the ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 06:57 PM

752 posts, read 1,162,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
It is amusing to me that women all claim to reject men so politely and respectfully.
But the truth is, women reject men HARSHLY and it occurs frequently. I think when a guy that doesn't meet the standards of the woman he approaches, all rules of respect and common decency fly out the window. And then they go on and laugh off about some poor loser that 'thought' he had the chance to even approach her.

It happens, and it isnt pretty. And it happens more often than people admit.

Granted, I have also been quite respectfully rejected as well, but ratio is lrobably clise to 50%rude/50% respectful. And actually, probably the most attractive woman I ever approached rejected me the best way I was ever rejected. I actually smiled as I walked away, as I was just glad that she was decent enough to say without being rude, or mean, or irritated, "No, but thanks for the offer".
I believe it is true in yours case. But I was rejected approximately 300 times in my life and I can't remember one time when women was rude. Opposite, women shay after are approached like lamp. To add I'm more or less unsuccessful with women. I'm middle aged now and do not approach anymore. For one I can say you if you want approach always go alone. This 2. case what you write is chip. I understand now why some young guys do not approach. Try improve itself, lift, better clothes, and always always always approach alone. Yeah it is clear now why I don't see any problem with cold approach. Imagine guys that are successful with women, no wonder they can just go across bar and talk. Some can only approach for sport (my past). And some just have to sit in bar like a plant. Poor 3. one. To add I’m above average good build guy, and my opening lines are most stupid possible “I like you” and similar.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:02 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,185,467 times
Men are better at handling rejection because we get rejected more so were used to it. For example i'd say the average man in America gets rejected more times between the ages of 16-20 then the average woman does her entire life. Women aren't used to getting rejected so when it happens its kindoff a culture shock, especially for sex

Old 05-01-2013, 07:08 PM

472 posts, read 569,380 times
One thing weird, mir86, is that you talk about men as if they're (we're) all the same. I don't think all women are like my ex-wife. I'm glad they're not.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:11 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,399,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97701 View Post
One thing weird, mir86, is that you talk about men as if they're (we're) all the same. I don't think all women are like my ex-wife. I'm glad they're not.

huh where do I paint all men with the same brush? The title of this thread was just a general term. Maybe I should have said "some men"...this sure is a technical bunch we have here today.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
huh where do I paint all men with the same brush? The title of this thread was just a general term. Maybe I should have said "some men"...this sure is a technical bunch we have here today.
Um ... the title of the thread? You're trying to say it's not what you meant?

Old 05-01-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Um ... the title of the thread? You're trying to say it's not what you meant?
no..as I said, it was a general expression.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:17 PM

It's funny how women are unfaithful and such good liars about it. I only mean that as a general expression (now is that what you mean?).

Old 05-01-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
It's funny how women are unfaithful and such good liars about it. I only mean that as a general expression (now is that what you mean?).
If I was such a good liar, I might lead a more interesting life.

Moving on...

Old 05-01-2013, 09:04 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,158,290 times
Lol, look at her trying to backtrack.

Anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships