Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 05:20 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,668,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
To Jaypee:

Bwahahaha I love that movie!

To OngletNYC:

Maybe your friend is just happy to live with the memories of when was at the top of his game. Some people do that.
If he were happy, he wouldn't complain every time I see him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 06:30 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,395,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Why on earth would anyone seeking a loving, committed relationship date a woman who works 60-80 hours a week? You are a slave to your job, you made your choice. Work comes first for you, and love comes second. They aren't delusional, you are.
a lot of people in NYC are married to their job. They make a ton of money but at what expense? Its all about priorities. What do u value more in life? Money or time with family

Old 05-01-2013, 06:41 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,195,329 times
Lowering standards and settling is the root of most cheating IMO.

It's the reason we have so many crappy relationships/marriages right now because people aren't truly happy with the person they're going home with. They're just with them to have someone.

Last edited by BradPiff; 05-01-2013 at 06:52 PM..

Old 05-01-2013, 07:08 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,668,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
a lot of people in NYC are married to their job. They make a ton of money but at what expense? Its all about priorities. What do u value more in life? Money or time with family
Well exactly, that is why jerseygal makes a good living but can't find a man. She made working a priority, without considering the fact that no man will want to slot himself into her free time like an accessory. There are consequences to everything we do and every choice we make, feminism be damned. No man wants a girlfriend who works up to 80 hours a week. Moat women don't want it either, unless they are going for the paycheck and nothing more.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:23 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,395,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Well exactly, that is why jerseygal makes a good living but can't find a man. She made working a priority, without considering the fact that no man will want to slot himself into her free time like an accessory. There are consequences to everything we do and every choice we make, feminism be damned. No man wants a girlfriend who works up to 80 hours a week. Moat women don't want it either, unless they are going for the paycheck and nothing more.
and some women that do want the paycheck end up in miserable marriages where they are essentially alone while there husband works crazy hours. They may have the mansion and nice car but doesnt mean they are happy

Old 05-01-2013, 07:26 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,989,499 times
I can't make sense out of any of this.

If your friend thinks that people become less sexually attractive as they get older, then why does he think a 20-something should want to date him?

Also, does he have any idea how much better in bed people get with practice? Obviously not, if he's never dated anyone older than his daughter.

::baffled::

Old 05-01-2013, 07:28 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,989,499 times
Honestly, once you've broached the over-40 set, having sex with anyone under 35 just seems like a waste of time. Sorry young folks, but it's the truth.

My most recent experience with a 20-something left me thinking, 'When I was his age, I would have thought this was good sex.' My guy friends my age tell me the same thing.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:32 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,913,004 times
Chances are, this guy goes for 20 year olds because he can't attract the quality people his age. It's not lowering your standards to date people your own age...

Kind of like that 20 year old pothead who has to still date high school girls who think it's cool to date a loser because he graduated.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:48 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,462,004 times
Haha, these people (male and female) need an ego check. They go after what they perceive to be the pick of the litter because they believe they're that good. Real life, however, says otherwise.

Reality checks aren't "lowering your standards". Seeing the forest beyond the trees isn't settling.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:00 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,887,487 times
I saw a lot of men like this online and then they wonder why they are single. A good looking older man will probably not attract a young woman unless he is wealthy along with being handsome. Sure he could, but more than likely he will get a woman with a daddy complex. I had a friend who dated men old enough to be her dad because she was molested by him so to her it made sense.

There is a difference between lowering standards and being delusional and lowering standards. In the case of this man it would make sense to try a woman closer to his age because he is that age. However, let's say he was in fantastic shape and telling him to date an obese women because that is all he can attract is different than telling him to date an obese woman because he is obese too. In other words, lowering standards to what someone actually is versus a higher level is different than telling someone to go to a far lower level than what they are like an obese dating someone in shape or single childless dating parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships