Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 09:59 PM

1 posts, read 859 times

Advertisements

Asked this girl to prom on Monday (prom is next Saturday) then Friday we decided to go to the movies Sunday, ok well Saturday (today, week before prom) I was going out to eat and decided to go to her job. Well she was just getting off and idk if she was weirded out of what but all she said was hi then 5 minutes later she left.

Did I mess up by going to her work?

If so how can I fix this I really like this girl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 05:26 AM

11,393 posts, read 24,430,969 times
Maybe she had someplace to go after work?

Just ask her. Say, "hey, did it upset you that I stopped by on Saturday?" Then she'll tell you what happened.

Probably no big deal. If she was, just apologize and go from there.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:46 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,910,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cke918 View Post
Asked this girl to prom on Monday (prom is next Saturday) then Friday we decided to go to the movies Sunday, ok well Saturday (today, week before prom) I was going out to eat and decided to go to her job. Well she was just getting off and idk if she was weirded out of what but all she said was hi then 5 minutes later she left.

Did I mess up by going to her work?

If so how can I fix this I really like this girl

Nah dude you're fine, maybe she's just embarrassed of her job? I think most girls would like that if you stopped by to visit them, as long as they're interested in you.

Also, if it weirded her out that you visited her..to fix it you should ask her friend out. Don't waste time on dumb girls

Last edited by intelfan11315; 05-05-2013 at 06:54 AM..

Old 05-05-2013, 08:08 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,059,854 times
She might just see you as her friend and a prom date but it seems like you are acting more like a boyfriend. Maybe that's what weirded her out?

Old 05-05-2013, 08:12 AM

50,682 posts, read 36,379,243 times
I do think she probably felt a bit funny about you showing up there. Am I correct in assuming you guys have not actually been on a date yet? My feeling is she probably saw you there and thinks you are getting carried away and reading too much into her acceptance of your dates (that now you're bf/gf or something). Girls don't like it if guys appear they are going to cling to them, and appearing at her job unannounced might have given that impression. I would back off now in terms of trying to contact her, don't make a big deal about your going to her work except in passing (I like Elle's suggestion), and just wait until you seek her at school to chat again (do not seek her out or otherwise appear to be wanting to be attached to her hip, though). Do NOT over-apologize or appear to be supplicating. Do not tell her at this early stage how much you like her.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:14 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,330,312 times
Well, it could be a few thing. She might be embarrassed that you show up at her job because it's a low level job. Or you might be freaking her out because you are becoming a stalker in her eyes. Everywhere she turns...there YOU are. Don't be a stalker, just keep it cool. Do kids still even use the word "cool" anymore? LMFAO.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:06 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,910,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
Do kids still even use the word "cool" anymore? LMFAO.

i sure hope so or im going to start feeling old

Old 05-05-2013, 12:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,827,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
She might just see you as her friend and a prom date but it seems like you are acting more like a boyfriend. Maybe that's what weirded her out?
No he's acting like a stalker. Chicks don't dig that.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:14 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,188,203 times
maybe she smelled like a french fry or a bucket of fried chicken- and didnt want to see you until she got cleaned up, woman are funny like that..
I once liked a girl that work at mcdonalds, and she had to go home first to get refreshed before she saw me..

if you have plans,,,stick to your plans,,,call her and talk to her,,

another reason why women dont like guys at work is because of the other hens.(women)..making light of everything and asking 100 questions,,they dont want to answer

dont sweat the small stuff

Old 05-05-2013, 06:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,827,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
maybe she smelled like a french fry or a bucket of fried chicken- and didnt want to see you until she got cleaned up, woman are funny like that..
I once liked a girl that work at mcdonalds, and she had to go home first to get refreshed before she saw me..

if you have plans,,,stick to your plans,,,call her and talk to her,,

another reason why women dont like guys at work is because of the other hens.(women)..making light of everything and asking 100 questions,,they dont want to answer

dont sweat the small stuff
Lol you called the other ladies hens!? How old are you? Haha that's funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships