Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 01:23 PM

15 posts, read 14,494 times

Advertisements

OK, I been single for 4 years, I been focused on my daughter, parents, myself, and work...I'm very busy with my life, taking care of things that I should. I forgotten about dating, going out, hang out etc., I'm just busy I met the guy cause he's my client nd we always were very comfortable around each other, he jokes a lot, he remembers everything I tell him, and one thing I really love about him is that he's so close to his family, I love that. He's smart, classy, open minded, San outspoken. I always preferred older guys, because I am an old soul, we both enjoy massages, travelling, cultures, music specially opera, we like to cook dinner while we listen to music, we enjoy nature, we are very compassionate, sexual chemistry is amazing, I feel like I'm falling for him & I'm scared of what will happen. Reasons why? When people see a younger girl with an older guy everybody will assume is money, or because I'm am looking for a father figure but is not the case, I just weird I wasn't interested in dating I met him, and couldn't stop thinking about him, I'm so liking him, I kissed him first nd I never behaved this way...isn't money I know cause I get always admired by wealthy men nd money isn't my goal, also I have a great father , great family relationship on the reasons is because my maturity level...I'm confused please tell me what is that, I'm so confused, I cut stop talking to him....

Last edited by afrolatina26; 05-05-2013 at 01:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 04:15 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,995,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrolatina26 View Post
OK, I been single for 4 years, I been focused on my daughter, parents, myself, and work...I'm very busy with my life, taking care of things that I should. I forgotten about dating, going out, hang out etc., I'm just busy I met the guy cause he's my client nd we always were very comfortable around each other, he jokes a lot, he remembers everything I tell him, and one thing I really love about him is that he's so close to his family, I love that. He's smart, classy, open minded, San outspoken. I always preferred older guys, because I am an old soul, we both enjoy massages, travelling, cultures, music specially opera, we like to cook dinner while we listen to music, we enjoy nature, we are very compassionate, sexual chemistry is amazing, I feel like I'm falling for him & I'm scared of what will happen. Reasons why? When people see a younger girl with an older guy everybody will assume is money, or because I'm am looking for a father figure but is not the case, I just weird I wasn't interested in dating I met him, and couldn't stop thinking about him, I'm so liking him, I kissed him first nd I never behaved this way...isn't money I know cause I get always admired by wealthy men nd money isn't my goal, also I have a great father , great family relationship on the reasons is because my maturity level...I'm confused please tell me what is that, I'm so confused, I cut stop talking to him....
Stop letting outside forces and people dictate your life. If everything is as you say and you genuinely enjoy his company, then do you! If he complements your life and this is a mutually fulfilling relationship, then be happy.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:42 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,470,523 times
In your business isn't there rules about dating clients?

Old 05-05-2013, 04:49 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
First you should not be dating a "client" if it is not against company policy it should be, business and romance rarely ends well for either person.

Second, was it really necessary to specify that you are "AfroLatina" and he is "Caucasian"? Could you have left that part out and just said you met a really neat guy that you may be falling for and there is a 30+ year age gap.

Third, is it really important what "others" think? Do you base every decision in your life on what "others" think? If you are so mature you should be able to think for yourself and make your own decisions no matter what "other" think. The fact that you cannot (or appear to not be able to) make such an important decision on your own without "outside influence and opinion" shows your lack of confidence, level of maturity and insecurity regarding the decisions you should make on your own.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:53 PM

30,994 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
In your business isn't there rules about dating clients?
I find the post suspect, but human beings like any other creature on earth will respond to stimuli in a similar way regardless of whether or not they are in a work environment.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:03 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
First you should not be dating a "client" if it is not against company policy it should be, business and romance rarely ends well for either person.

Second, was it really necessary to specify that you are "AfroLatina" and he is "Caucasian"? Could you have left that part out and just said you met a really neat guy that you may be falling for and there is a 30+ year age gap. .
Right. Especially since the OP text has nothing to do with a difference in race. Why state it in the title?

Is this your own business, OP, or are you dating (and kissing) one of your employer's clients? Not a good move. Also, consider that when you're 45 and still full of energy and attractive, he'll be almost 80. Does that work for you?

You haven't mentioned how he feels about you. Are your feelings reciprocated? Actually, you haven't even mentioned his marital status. Is he single? If he's not married, does he have a girlfriend? Seems like a great guy like that would. More info is needed here.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:32 PM

7 posts, read 7,115 times
IR dating is so trendy

Old 05-05-2013, 06:29 PM

That's true, I just feel weird, I feel I'm just so into him, maybe he doesn't feel the some

Old 05-05-2013, 06:37 PM

He's single, I'm feeling horrible wow seems like my post was taken the wrong way, I'm not immature I just been date free for so long I honestly have no clue on how to act anymore. I mentioned race because I want to people to know that is ok for races to mix, that's all...I wish I could maybe use other words but my English is not the best. He's single, he's no longer a client, I don't need approval the thing is that I'm new in my city nd font have friends to share certain thoughts, is always good to view others ways of thinking.
Yes maybe I'm not confident about the whole thing

Old 05-05-2013, 07:25 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrolatina26 View Post
He's single, I'm feeling horrible wow seems like my post was taken the wrong way, I'm not immature I just been date free for so long I honestly have no clue on how to act anymore. I mentioned race because I want to people to know that is ok for races to mix, that's all...I wish I could maybe use other words but my English is not the best. He's single, he's no longer a client, I don't need approval the thing is that I'm new in my city nd font have friends to share certain thoughts, is always good to view others ways of thinking.
Yes maybe I'm not confident about the whole thing
But race/ethnicity wasn't relevant to your OP.

My troll-o-meter is pointing towards the yellow zone with this thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships