Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 06:18 PM

324 posts, read 441,066 times

Advertisements

Well, if you aint first, your last! ! Comes to mind lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 06:19 PM

837 posts, read 960,831 times
Still disturbed OP refers to her boyfriend by the name that a few people made up for him on a public online forum. That strikes me as strange and a little removed from reality.

A man has to work and pay the bills and if he works in the hospitality industry, it's just part of the job that he will have to move around personal plans to get work done. Any grown woman would be understanding of this unless it was happening 4/7 days a week.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:22 PM

48,524 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
Still disturbed OP refers to her boyfriend by the name that a few people made up for him on a public online forum. That strikes me as strange and a little removed from reality.

A man has to work and pay the bills and if he works in the hospitality industry, it's just part of the job that he will have to move around personal plans to get work done. Any grown woman would be understanding of this unless it was happening 4/7 days a week.
THAT'S what strikes you about the OP being removed from reality?!

And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-05-2013, 06:24 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
As everyone knows I don't date divorced men and this is no hidden thing. I am pretty blunt on this. Anyway I remember an incident that happened a few months ago and it's been bothering me.

During the whole "does Taco Man like me" I met another guy. He seemed like a nice guy except two major deal breakers with me: he wasn't Catholic, nor was he never married. In fact he was divorced from a long time ago and never remarried. He is 45 and was married from 21-30, no kids. He's also not Catholic either, he's really no religion and is sometime atheist. The religious aspect aside, I immediately rejected him because he was divorced. Once I found out he wasn't religious and really had no interest in marrying in a church I knew he wasn't the one either. However when finding he was divorced I immediately realized that to me all divorced men are no no's because of the fact I will never be the first wife. I never realized how much this bothers me.

He found a woman and he treats her amazing. He spends money on her and time. I'm happy for him and hope he is successful but knew being 2 would not work.

I think I am thinking things today because I am mad at Taco Man. He owns a business and we were supposed to go out today but he had to open his business today for a big account.

When you mature more than you have aged chronologically you may just start to change some of your one sided views of how real life is, but maybe you won't.

Real life is very different from anything you will ever imagine sitting at your computer in your house dreaming of the day when you and taco man will be married, except he will be gone tending to his business and you will still be sitting at your computer in your house married and still alone.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:27 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
The rate you are going I don't think you'll ever be a first, second or third wife really. Taco man will catch onto you sooner or later and then "bye bye" for IDDY.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:27 PM

So how long does a big pet supply account meeting last? Shouldn't be too much of an interference on a Sunday.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:29 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,144 times
Look, it's your choice who to date and who not to date. But, out of curiosity, what is it specifically that bothers you about being a second wife?

I've had to think about that myself (long story, and I am not going to hijack your thread with it). I don't know anyone who likes to come in second. But - people aren't made to order, and the older you get, the higher the chances that someone you're interested in has been married before. Sometimes people go into a situation with the best of intentions, but things don't work out. Sometimes one person wants the marriage to work, and the other one doesn't. Sometimes people misrepresent themselves until after the ring goes on their finger. Sometimes people make really stupid choices and don't have the fortune to have something intervene before the wedding. My point is, that people make mistakes, and that second wife doesn't mean second best.

Again, you don't owe anyone a relationship, and you have every right to your standards. But sometimes, it helps to reframe the situation. If you're concerned about people treating you differently because you weren't the "first", whether they are being mean-spirited or just thoughtless, that's on them. Also, keep in mind that we don't live in a polygamous society. She would be the past, and you would be the present and future. And, just because I am an insufferable smart@ss, I have to say that the Indians were first - look how that turned out.

Not judging - just wondering.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:35 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Is the op Taylor "not so" swift? Someone who is mentally stuck in middle school.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:35 PM

I wasn't the first, but I'm the best.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:38 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I wasn't the first, but I'm the best.
My husband struck out twice before he hit a grand slam with me....(it is baseball season)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships