Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 12:29 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Again, I am basing this on what she has said, and on her pictures. I have no other basis to place an opinion on, and neither do you. Yes, there is a whole range of reasons offered, which is fine. She asked for opinions.

Me too. Perhaps our perceptions are different because I'm a male.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 12:34 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I agree with DE. In fact, I would have placed you in the approaching fifty range. Sorry.

Trust me, younger males are looking for the quickest ways to get their woodies whacked off.

Sometimes, they look for those who seem most approachable, experienced (looking), and open to it. Your pics translate (at least to me) as such. Again, sorry. Males will agree with me. Females will disagree with me-except for the highly enlightened ones.
Hmmm, there's a post just a couple of posts above where a male is disagreeing with you.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:37 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Quote:
Hmmm, there's a post just a couple of posts above where a male is disagreeing with you.
Yes. I think we all know why! LOL!

I am happily married and loyal to a fault. I have nothing to gain from pandering to the OP ( so I did not).

Old 05-06-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Yes. I think we all know why! LOL!

I am happily married and loyal to a fault. I have nothing to gain from pandering to the OP.
Oh, I'm not discounting what you're saying, I was just pointing it out. We all have opinions.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:43 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times

Old 05-06-2013, 12:52 PM

297 posts, read 502,656 times
Quote:

Most of the time they look for those who seem most approachable, experienced (looking), and open to it.

Your pics translate (at least to me) as such. Again, sorry.

Most males will agree with me. Females will disagree with me-except for the highly enlightened ones.
I am female and 42 and I agree with you. Even without the pics, I agree with you, because she said sometimes she goes home with them and sometimes not.

Just cause a guy approaches you in Starbucks during the day doesn't mean he isn't just looking for sex. Some guys are patient and will go out with you a couple times. Still doesn't mean they are looking for something long term with you.

How many hot, educated 25 year olds men marry 45 year olds? It's not about putting anyone down, you have to look at what happens the majority of the time.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:03 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
I agree with DE. In fact, I would have placed you in the approaching fifty range. Sorry.

Trust me, younger males are looking for the quickest ways to get their woodies whacked off.

Most of the time they look for those who seem most approachable, experienced (looking), and open to it.

Your pics translate (at least to me) as such. Again, sorry.

Most males will agree with me. Females will disagree with me-except for the highly enlightened ones.
Well she did say a guy recently called her Sharon Stone, who is in her mid 50s.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:36 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
It wouldn't be wrong or unworthy of her. It would be her choice. I was speaking specifically to the comments about how she looks "DTF" and how these guys just want to "do" her.
Oh, well if you wanted to call me out, you should've used the "Reply" button to my post. Allow me to retort ...

Quote:
I was explaining that she isn't throwing it around for all to see
I never specified that she was. In fact I was referring to a more subtle distinction, which is the same "carefree" attitude that she self-identifies with is inherently seen as "DTF" among men looking for such a thing. I have ZERO personal problems with how she looks, I'm just saying that it is the equivalent of walking around with a target on your face.

Quote:
A few people seem very down on the poster for being glad to get the attention. And I'm seeing the usual CD phenomenon: putting a woman down to try to "put her in her place" and make her feel insecure.
I'm not putting her anywhere. I said her look screams "DTF." It does.

And gender has nothing to do with my nature of calling it like I see it, as I do the same thing to men.

Quote:
I say, there's nothing wrong with enjoying attention. The OP isn't on Craigslist showing her boobs or something. These men are approaching her. Why not enjoy it? It's a nice added bonus to her life.
I didn't say she shouldn't enjoy it. She should enjoy it. I'm explaining to her what the deal is, as I see it.

This involves opportunity and risk and she should understand what those are. Be happy about having a nice body, but be aware of what risks that entails.

Quote:
There's no need to feel threatened/jealous (yeah, yeah, I know, "I'M not jealous," etc.). We all have things in our lives that we enjoy and most of us have a quality or two that make us extra-special to the opposite sex.
Being jealous of women just doesn't come naturally to me.

Quote:
Remember that your experience is not every woman's experience.
My experience isn't A woman's experience, it's a man's experience.

Quote:
No need to try to deflate her self-esteem by telling her they just want to do her
I try to be nice, but sometimes there is no substitute for the uncomfortable truth. Besides, if she's anything like she claims, my comments won't matter to her in the first place.

Quote:
that she doesn't look young, etc.
I didn't say that.

Quote:
I personally am not worried, live and let live
An interesting statement , considering your need to "correct" my post.

Last edited by le roi; 05-06-2013 at 01:50 PM..

Old 05-06-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Oh, well if you wanted to call me out, you should've used the "Reply" button to my post.

I never specified that she was.
What??? I wasn't calling "you" out. I was directly answering Onglet's post.

This had nothing to do with you.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:45 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
The same thing i said applies for women. For example If I'm a young hot girl, lets say 24. If I have a choice between a hot 42 year old investment banker and a hot 25 year old investment banker why would I pick the older guy? Especially since I would have my pick of most men anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships