Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 08:26 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,786 times

Advertisements

When they mention they may have killed their ex.

Seriously? Why would I be suspicious of a single person. What an odd question.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 08:42 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
I know that this is erroneous logic, but how often do you view boasting, sexually appealing, accomplished, and extroverted single women with suspicion?

Like if she is so great, why is she single? Tread carefully, there must be a cancerous skeleton rotting in the closet or a fatal character flaw that will leave your personal, professional, and loving goals unfulfilled and your own life cut short.
While the boasting aspect would be a turn-off, it could be that she's otherwise too smart to NOT be single given the likely candidate pool. And why shouldn't she choose to be single if she's not ready for more? It would also depend on her age, I think. Your attitude says more about your views than hers.

Now, if she were young and hitting on me, I might view her with suspicion! She'd either have to have extraordinarily poor judgment, or extraordinarily good taste in mature men! LOL I'd be wary until I figured out which it was.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:21 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
I know that this is erroneous logic, but how often do you view boasting, sexually appealing, accomplished, and extroverted single women with suspicion?

Like if she is so great, why is she single? Tread carefully, there must be a cancerous skeleton rotting in the closet or a fatal character flaw that will leave your personal, professional, and loving goals unfulfilled and your own life cut short.
Um not sure about the question, but my logic is this, if she is single after the age of 30 and has not been in a relationship for longer than 2 years, my red flag goes up and her value drops. My ears open and I start to listen very very closely to everything she says about everything. Then I analyze everthing she said. I dont really want a woman other men dont desire, but I dont want one that has been passing herself around to men in hopes of getting a relationship. I think the key is getting a woman comfortable enough to talk about all the sex she has had with other dudes, sometimes this may involve alcohol, but if I listen closely they always tell me who they are or who they were and I make my choice from their.

I think I like the women who have the ugly duckling syndrome. There is a lot of potential for them to be HOT, but they never tried to be HOT and many men overlooked them. Not all women are hoes, but I find these ugly duckling types are rarely hoes and dont become hoes even after the swan comes out.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:26 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,451,329 times
most of the single people i know are so by choice. there is no reason to question them, they all want better for themselves and haven't found it yet.

good for them and not shacking up with the closest willing participant.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:34 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I would think it is..
Well, I can't be sure with how differently men think, which is why I asked. It probably depends on if the divorced woman has kids or not.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:43 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,277 times
The big red flag for me is when she has tons of guy friends but "can't find anyone"

Old 05-08-2013, 11:50 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
The big red flag for me is when she has tons of guy friends but "can't find anyone"
That would be unfair. You underestimate the number of guys who want to be friends first. They say they want to be friends and act this way, so she assumes he really is just a friend.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:47 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Why?

I have a ton of guy friends and can't find anyone. They're the ones who rejected me, not the other way around. Plus, I'm in a male dominated career field so I come in contact with more men than women.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:48 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Um not sure about the question, but my logic is this, if she is single after the age of 30 and has not been in a relationship for longer than 2 years, my red flag goes up and her value drops. My ears open and I start to listen very very closely to everything she says about everything. Then I analyze everthing she said. I dont really want a woman other men dont desire, but I dont want one that has been passing herself around to men in hopes of getting a relationship. I think the key is getting a woman comfortable enough to talk about all the sex she has had with other dudes, sometimes this may involve alcohol, but if I listen closely they always tell me who they are or who they were and I make my choice from their.

I think I like the women who have the ugly duckling syndrome. There is a lot of potential for them to be HOT, but they never tried to be HOT and many men overlooked them. Not all women are hoes, but I find these ugly duckling types are rarely hoes and dont become hoes even after the swan comes out.
It's amazing how many men treat women as nothing more than a commodity and not actual, living human beings.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:50 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
Any women over the age of 18 who isn't married should be viewed a certifiably insane cat-lady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships