Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 12:51 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,054 times

Advertisements

P.S. I have no cats...yet.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 01:31 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
I know that this is erroneous logic, but how often do you view boasting, sexually appealing, accomplished, and extroverted single women with suspicion?
Approximately never. I'm not a fan of too much boasting from anyone, male or female, but I'm never suspicious of anyone for choosing to be single. There are many benefits to being single, particularly for someone who has the attributes you listed.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:07 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Any women over the age of 18 who isn't married should be viewed a certifiably insane cat-lady.
I'd take sweet lovable cats over some of these winners any day...

Old 05-08-2013, 02:24 PM

5 posts, read 4,463 times
I actually prefer women who stay single for awhile instead of women to jump from man to man. A women who can remain single for a long period of time shows the she doesn't NEED a man but instead has her own life going on and would like to have a man added to it. I know too many women who need a have a man in their life or they just don't know what to do with themselves

Old 05-08-2013, 10:17 PM

133 posts, read 172,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
I know that this is erroneous logic, but how often do you view boasting, sexually appealing, accomplished, and extroverted single women with suspicion?

Like if she is so great, why is she single? Tread carefully, there must be a cancerous skeleton rotting in the closet or a fatal character flaw that will leave your personal, professional, and loving goals unfulfilled and your own life cut short.
I have a lady friend that is single because she is "unlucky"...didn't find the right guy...bad timing etc.. It's not because of anything else. Many men would be ready to not only say yes, but would be relieved and overjoyed to do so.

Then again...others are because of a serious character flaw. If she can't be nice to me and get along as a stranger, I'd hang myself in the oak tree to be her husband or boyfriend.

No thank yas!

Old 05-09-2013, 10:29 AM

864 posts, read 1,454,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I think the suspicion you're describing might come from male projection.

Many women choose to spend parts of their lives--sometimes large parts of their lives--single. Men, on the other hand, almost never choose this. Because wanting to be single strikes most men as absurd, they become suspicious of a woman (or man, for that matter) who is single by choice.
That is excellent insight!

Old 05-09-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Many women choose to spend parts of their lives--sometimes large parts of their lives--single. Men, on the other hand, almost never choose this. Because wanting to be single strikes most men as absurd, they become suspicious of a woman (or man, for that matter) who is single by choice.
Really? I'm a man who has loved the everliving hell out of being single by choice, and I know plenty of others who do and have, also. Is it possible you're confusing being single with being sexually abstinent?

Old 05-09-2013, 08:51 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,541 times
There are very few "single" good-looking women.

Sure they may not be in a relationship but very few good-looking women go longer than 2 weeks without sex of some sort.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
There are very few "single" good-looking women.
You're not looking in the right places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Sure they may not be in a relationship but very few good-looking women go longer than 2 weeks without sex of some sort.
1) That's not true.
2) If it were true, it would be because they're having sex with guys who aren't judging them for having sex. Feel free to join our ranks. Membership is free.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:24 PM

332 posts, read 435,943 times
I don't judge women who give it up easy.

Why would I? It's a free society and less work for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships