Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 08:53 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,860,347 times

Advertisements

The last guy I dated approached me at Walmart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 09:08 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,727,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
The last guy I dated approached me at Walmart.
Jeff Dunham and Walter (Welcome to Walmart) - YouTube

Old 08-05-2013, 10:39 AM

89 posts, read 130,945 times
I sincerley belive that women do not want to be cold approached in public. They want to be left alone.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:11 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,782,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwithknifes View Post
I sincerley belive that women do not want to be cold approached in public. They want to be left alone.
You are mistaken. Some women don't like it, but some women do. As for me, I like to be a approached by a confident man. It's attractive. I am not the only one either--or else there wouldn't be a a plethora of articles, books, resources, etc telling women how to meet men in public where they will be cold approached.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:21 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,729,880 times
I'd say so long as guys can be aware of and respectful of the "go away and do not bother me" signals, and then take rejection politely and graciously... approach away, but realize you are doing so at your own risk. Avoid the urge to make snarky comments about a woman who rejects you being a stuck up b----.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:00 PM

102,089 posts, read 107,163,173 times
Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong. Some don't, but many do. Many hope for it when they go out. The odd thing is, that in many European cultures, it's perfectly normal to approach women when they're out and about. I don't know what the problem is in the U.S. I wonder, is it like this in Canada, too?

Old 08-05-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. Some don't, but many do. Many hope for it when they go out. The odd thing is, that in many European cultures, it's perfectly normal to approach women when they're out and about. I don't know what the problem is in the U.S. I wonder, is it like this in Canada, too?
Yeah, maybe in Italy and Greece and those countries. I come from northern europe and it's unheard of here. I have never seen or heard about anybody doing cold approaches in public where I live.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:31 PM

102,089 posts, read 107,163,173 times
Quote:
Yeah, maybe in Italy and Greece and those countries. I come from northern europe and it's unheard of here. I have never seen or heard about anybody doing cold approaches in public where I live.
Really? Aside from Russia, I've spent most of my time in Europe in Germany and Scandinavia/Finland. I've found men to be friendly and to approach women to chat and make friends everywhere but Norway, where the people seem especially reserved. And it wasn't because they thought they were approaching a foreigner. I speak the languages, so they didn't know I was a foreigner.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Really? Aside from Russia, I've spent most of my time in Europe in Germany and Scandinavia/Finland. I've found men to be friendly and to approach women to chat and make friends everywhere but Norway, where the people seem especially reserved.
I'm from northern Sweden. Just speaking from my own experiences having lived here my entire life, I just haven't seen it happen outside clubs/bars. I think the vast majority of all people here meet each other through friends.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:20 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,949,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Yep, cold approaching women in public, is only the most normal and natural thing to do. Ive done it hundreds of times with excellent results. If a woman does not like to be cold approached, its her preference and her issue, not yours. Be cordial, freindly and unthreatening. The type of body posture, vibe, energy and the level of confidence that you assume when you approach is often the difference between success and fail. Establish eye contact and stay with it. Flirt with your eyes and a sly smirk on your face. Guys, be direct with women you cold approach, it will give you much better success than being indirect. Do you think that a woman whom you just cold approached, really thinks that you came up to her to talk about the weather or yogurt? Its a major turn off and repellant. Be direct and let her know why you approached. She already knows why you did, but you voicing it without hesitation tells her she is dealing with a confident, masculine and assertive man. These are golden lines that have always worked for me.

"Hi, my name is Ascension. I saw you walking down the street, thought that you were very attractive and wanted to come up and introduce myself". Proper body language, relaxed, friendly, easy going, constant eye contact, flirtatious smile. Thats all it takes. Here is a secret. If she is receptive to your approach, it makes absolutely zero difference WHAT you say after that. It only makes a difference HOW you say it. At times when you get rejected, accept it graciously, tell her to have a great day with a smile and be on your way. Only 3.7 billion other women for you out there.

Some of the most attractive women out there, dislike cold approaches, simply because they get approached all the time. Because of this, they put up countless defenses, like huge eyeglasses, headphones in her ears, constantly on the phone or even pretend to talk to someone on the phone and even a ***** face. If you get really good at cold approaches, all those are easily overcome. I have on many occasions walked up to women with such defenses and asked them to put down their phone, take off their sunglasses, take off their headphones and often turned ***** face into a flirtatious smile. Its easily doable, although I dont advice a novice to attempt these, along with cutting off her path by walking directly at her.

Cutting off my path and walking directly at me, would make me feel threatened and I will go into defensive mode. Trust me, that approach would NOT work with me. Don't get me started on telling me to take out my headphones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships