Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 01:44 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,185 times

Advertisements

A man cheats because he's a pig. A woman cheats because she isn't getting her needs met.

If a man wants a divorce, he's the biggest jerk in the world for leaving his loyal wife with whom he started a family. If a woman wants a divorce, she has society's full blessing to pursue her own happiness. After all, why should she stay in a relationship if she's not happy?

Men are physically stronger than women, and women are verbally more adept than men. With these things in mind, if a man physically beats his wife, he's such a s*itbag that even other men hate him. But if a woman insults and degrades and berates and constantly verbally abuses her husband, it's not really a big deal, because he probably did something wrong to deserve it. Besides, physical bruises are clearly visible, while nobody can see emotional scars.

Back in the old days, the fact that a man owned his wife's body is abhorred. The fact that a woman owned her husband's backbreaking labor is completely overlooked.

If a man complains that his wife isn't giving him enough sex, he should stop being so selfish. He should respect the fact that she's tired after a hard day's work, and she just wants to relax and read her magazine. If a woman complains that her husband isn't giving her enough sex, he should get off his lazy ass and start being more attentive to her needs.

If a husband isn't doing enough stereotypical "male" household chores, cutting the lawn, shoveling snow, doing home improvement repairs, cleaning the gutters, taking out the garbage, raking the leaves, etc... then he should get off his lazy ass and do these things. If a husband isn't doing enough stereotypical "female" household chores, cooking, cleaning, washing dishes, bathing the kids, etc... then he should get off his lazy ass and do these things.

When a nice but plain-looking girl gets "friendzoned" in dating, we feel sympathetic for her. We tell her that she deserves to find someone who will really appreciate her. The guy, of course, is a total jerk for being so superficial and not seeing her "inner beauty." He should stop being a pig and quit thinking with his penis. When an amiable but somewhat nerdy guy gets "friendzoned", then he's "not really a nice guy" because he doesn't appreciate the opportunity of having a platonic friendship with the woman.

Society believes it's wrong and condescending to vilify a woman for her sexuality. We should never call a woman a sl*t or any other condescending name, or make any judgements about her based on who she has sex with. A woman should be able to satisfy her biological urges at any time she wishes, with no condemnation from anyone. But society believes it's perfectly ok to vilify and shame a male for his sexuality. Despite the fact that males have 10 times more testosterone than women and much stronger biological urges, we have no problem telling him what a "creep", "loser", or "entitled douchebag" he is.

More on entitlement. It is perfectly ok for a woman to feel entitled to a guy's money. She does not even have to offer to pay on a date if she does not feel like it. It's just expected that guys will buy her whatever she wants. But if a man feels entitled to sex? Beware the feminist ire that will follow!

A woman can write all kinds of blogs in the media trashing men. Kay Hymowitz can make money writing articles talking about how pathetic men are, talking about how there are no good men, how men need to "man up" and "quit whining." Jessica Valenti can trash males constantly, create a profitable website and make a living simply by criticizing males. But if a man in the media dares to criticize a woman? He risks losing his job!

I am sure there are plenty of others i can think of. But i am finally coming to realize that the goal of feminism is for us to get to a point in society where women are always in the right. A woman will never have to apologize for anything. And we are getting closer and closer to that point every day.

The feminist utopia is coming true, in a hurry. Enjoy living your dream utopia while you have it, ladies. Enjoy these days of doing anything you want without ever having to take responsibility for your actions. Someday, our economy may get so bad that society will longer be able to sustain this have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too lifestyle for you ladies anymore.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:46 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,141 times
Yes because women and men are both part of the human species.

Your statements are too dichotomized.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:46 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Hollywood called. It wants its fiction back.

Being a human being who cares for her spouse, I apologize when I am wrong or if I hurt his feelings or for any other of a host of reasons. Go figure.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:47 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Future readers, gender bashing is against TOS, may I suggest you report this poster once again for blatantly ignoring the TOS.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:52 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Women make mistakes too since they are human beings so they have to apologize sometimes. Yes, the sun is yellow. Yes, good grass is green. Yes, Beyonce's hair is not real. Yes, it is May 10th 2013.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:54 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times
As a woman, I feel like I'm apologizing all the time even when it's not really my fault. It feels more like an icebreaker... "Sorry I missed your call.." "Sorry it didn't work out even though you left me", etc....

Old 05-10-2013, 01:56 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Does writing this make you feel good about yourself?

Old 05-10-2013, 01:59 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
So wrong, on so many counts!
Men cheat because they don't get their needs met. Some wives have their guy on the once-a-month plan. It doesn't work.

People vilify women for their sexuality all the time. Where have you been? Have you forgotten all of Jet Jockey's posts, about what men say about women when they're alone?

The worst "nice guy" bashers on this forum are men. Most of the women here say they love nice guys. How does that fit in with your feminism theory?

Weren't you going to buy a robotic female doll, OP? How's your counseling coming along?

Old 05-10-2013, 02:00 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,151,143 times
Ipfan... I missed you and your unbiased and reasonable thoughts on the interelationship between the men and women of this world.... hang on.... what am I saying!

Old 05-10-2013, 02:01 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Looks like OP is still single. What a surprise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships