Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 11:46 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
It's not a matter of "taint" or being "below standards," or any hateful, bigoted nonsense like that.

It's more about grappling with potential health risks (someone upthread mentioned wondering whether the man had gone bareback), and also, yes, it requires more faith and security than a lot of women would have in such a situation. I have absolutely no qualm about owning the fact that I would not feel secure in such a relationship. Maybe it's a flaw of mine, and that's okay. Women, I can compete with, men, I can't. There will always be something about men and what a man could give him that I don't have and can't give because I'm a woman. I feel that men and women are equal in terms of humanity, but I am not so naive as to believe that they are not different from one another, or that they are interchangeable sexually and emotionally.

Which begs another point: It's not just about sex. Sexuality encompasses emotional and mental attraction, too.
That's true...looking at it the other way there's nothing a woman can do to a woman that a man can't, while a woman can never penetrate a man without a strap-on.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:47 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,176,546 times
How about a bi-man and a bi-woman together? That sounds pretty interesting....

Old 05-16-2013, 11:49 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Being a realist - and having experience on how systems run...I don't vote....Democracy is a myth..it has never existed. If you want to be a weakling...then give in to your weakness..some choose to stand tall and independent. I have no respect - nor do I have a desire to empower the weak. I will be kind...and gentle with fools but I will not change the way I think in order to grant you some sense of security...If you are insecure that is your problem.
Insecurity has nothing to do with it. In my experience, only the insecure folks like to call others ugly, insecure, and foolish.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:50 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,176,546 times
Actually, this question has come up (I posted a poll or query on it), and the women here..on this board... are not interested in bisexuals. On this thread there are some good discussion from the ladies as to why that may be.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:29 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Your not alone, as most all women feel the same way. "Equality for everyone but I ain't getting with no Bi man" seems to be the consenses amongst most women.

One has nothing to do with another. I feel lesbians should have equal protection under the law, be able to marry whom they wish, and not be discriminated against in the workplace or housing. That doesn't mean I have to be with a woman, much less just because she wants to be with me.

There are a lot of men from various walks of life that I would never be with. I would not date, sleep with, or marry someone who is religious, an uber-conservative, or who wanted to have an open relationship, either. That doesn't mean I don't feel they are entitled to believe what they wish or live how they like. It's just not for me.

Deciding whom I want to date, sleep with, and enter a relationship or marriage with is not a matter of democracy or equal opportunity. It's a matter of dictatorship, with me being the authority on whether I do or do not want a person. That is how it should be for everyone. We all make our own choices.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:31 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
One has nothing to do with another. I feel lesbians should have equal protection under the law, be able to marry whom they wish, and not be discriminated against in the workplace or housing. That doesn't mean I have to be with a woman, much less just because she wants to be with me.

There are a lot of men from various walks of life that I would never be with. I would not date, sleep with, or marry someone who is religious, an uber-conservative, or who wanted to have an open relationship, either. That doesn't mean I don't feel they are entitled to believe what they wish or live how they like. It's just not for me.

Sorry, but deciding whom I want to date, sleep with, and enter a relationship or marriage with is not a matter of democracy. It's a matter of dictatorship, with me being the authority on whether I do or do not want a person. That is how it should be for everyone. We all make our own choices.
I agree with this 100%

Old 05-16-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
That's true...looking at it the other way there's nothing a woman can do to a woman that a man can't, while a woman can never penetrate a man without a strap-on.
Don't be so penis-centric. I referred to a state of being (male or female) and giving, which includes one's body.

In other words, maybe a woman can't penetrate a man without a toy, but a man can never offer a woman soft, natural breasts, a vagina, or the feel of an hourglass figure in her arms. Not without some serious medical intervention, at any rate.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:01 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:

Deciding whom I want to date, sleep with, and enter a relationship or marriage with is not a matter of democracy or equal opportunity. It's a matter of dictatorship, with me being the authority on whether I do or do not want a person. That is how it should be for everyone. We all make our own choices.

Yep, we are discriminatory creatures, some more than orhers.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Yep, we are discriminatory creatures, some more than orhers.
Discrimination with respect to one's own happiness in affairs of the heart and body is a good thing, whatever your criteria are.

Would you get with a bisexual man, Jaun? Are you equal opportunity in who gets to touch your body and share your life?

Maybe you would. Maybe you're bi. I can't see your profile. But if you're straight and wouldn't be with a man, you really don't have any talking room on this.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:36 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Discrimination with respect to one's own happiness in affairs of the heart and body is a good thing, whatever your criteria are.

Would you get with a bisexual man, Jaun? Are you equal opportunity in who gets to touch your body and share your life?

Maybe you would. Maybe you're bi. I can't see your profile. But if you're straight and wouldn't be with a man, you really don't have any talking room on this.
For some reason you think I am disagreeing with you? My main talking point was that you share a common trait that exists almost all woman, not being open to dating Bisexual men. It's a normal response. Makes me wonder if it is some sort of primal instinct?

On the surface I'm not ok with seeing a women who has a history of dating Bisexual men either, but I would probably want to know more before I made up my mind. It's along the lines of a Bisexual woman who I met a few month ago. There was an initial mutual attraction and we hit it off. She was very open about her sexuality and told me she was just as interested in women as men. That sent an alarm off in my head, but I was curious and wanted to hear more. Later in the conversation she said she had no problems dating Bi guys and had several Bi boyfriends in the past. That was a little over the top for me and I backed off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships