Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 01:48 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
For some reason you think I am disagreeing with you? My main talking point was that you share a common trait that exists almost all woman, not being open to dating Bisexual men. It's a normal response. Makes me wonder if it is some sort of primal instinct?

On the surface I'm not ok with seeing a women who has a history of dating Bisexual men either, but I would probably want to know more before I made up my mind. It's along the lines of a Bisexual woman who I met a few month ago. There was an initial mutual attraction and we hit it off. She was very open about her sexuality and told me she was just as interested in women as men. That sent an alarm off in my head, but I was curious and wanted to hear more. Later in the conversation she said she had no problems dating Bi guys and had several Bi boyfriends in the past. That was a little over the top for me and I backed off.

It was the way you phrased this.

Quote:
Your not alone, as most all women feel the same way. "Equality for everyone but I ain't getting with no Bi man" seems to be the consenses amongst most women.
I got the sense you were implying that there was some sort of double standard or bigotry at play. If that's not what you meant, I apologize for misunderstanding.

At any rate, we all have our criteria. I don't see how they hurt anyone, because what is not acceptable to one person will be acceptable to another.

I just think it's unhealthy and deceitful for the OP not to be straight with women about his sexuality, no pun intended.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:41 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,965,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
How about a bi-man and a bi-woman together? That sounds pretty interesting....
Tends to work very well, from what I've experienced. In fact I think it might be *slightly* easier for bi guys to pick up bi girls than it is for straight guys. We have something in common right away, and they know that we're not going after them to satisfy some kind of "two chicks at the same time" fantasy. It's more about having a relationship that is very egalitarian.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:50 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F2BBS View Post
It used to be I was open about myself dating women once we broke the ice and got more comfortable in conversation. Just about all of these women claimed to be really open minded and "allied" or whatever you wanted to call it. As soon as I mentioned I was bisexual all the sudden the wall came up, and even though I could read their prior body language they didn't want to pursue the relationship any further unless you meant platonic friends. I noticed this pattern from "open minded" young women... so now whenever I date women I just don't mention it anymore. Has anyone else seen this? How do you handle being yourself? I saw this poll that said about 20% of people in this forum are bisexual or think they are. What's the deal anyway, if you're allied you shouldn't have a problem with this.
As long as people continue to make homosexuality/bisexuality all about sex, you will get this reaction. It still equates to being a promiscuous, untrustworthy deviant to a lot of people. Not very bright, but it's reality.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
For some reason you think I am disagreeing with you? My main talking point was that you share a common trait that exists almost all woman, not being open to dating Bisexual men. It's a normal response. Makes me wonder if it is some sort of primal instinct?

On the surface I'm not ok with seeing a women who has a history of dating Bisexual men either, but I would probably want to know more before I made up my mind. It's along the lines of a Bisexual woman who I met a few month ago. There was an initial mutual attraction and we hit it off. She was very open about her sexuality and told me she was just as interested in women as men. That sent an alarm off in my head, but I was curious and wanted to hear more. Later in the conversation she said she had no problems dating Bi guys and had several Bi boyfriends in the past. That was a little over the top for me and I backed off.
It's a socially conditioned response. If it were biological then one would think none of the women in ancient Rome would've slept with any man ever, and they all would've died off. That and there is a minority of girls that are quite alright with it. There are girls that read tons of yaoi and fantasize about male/male stuff just like some guys fantasize about female/female stuff. Doesn't mean they would necessarily date someone who could fulfill those fantasies, but that's more a function of society conditioning many women to feel insecure about their sexuality.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:04 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
As long as people continue to make homosexuality/bisexuality all about sex, you will get this reaction. It still equates to being a promiscuous, untrustworthy deviant to a lot of people. Not very bright, but it's reality.
I absolutely agree with this 100%. There is still stigma associated with the word bisexual.

This is definitely not politically correct for me to say, but I like my men super manly and rough around the edges. Somehow, bisexual men just don't seem manly to me. I cannot find one single reason to justify my belief, but that is how I feel and I cannot control my thought.

Not very bright, but it is reality. I agree with you.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:44 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I absolutely agree with this 100%. There is still stigma associated with the word bisexual.

This is definitely not politically correct for me to say, but I like my men super manly and rough around the edges. Somehow, bisexual men just don't seem manly to me. I cannot find one single reason to justify my belief, but that is how I feel and I cannot control my thought.

Thats the most common take from woman on CD. Bisexual women incuded.. Vatnos seems the think its societal, I think it is probably a mix of instint and societal. I'm sure in ancient times when people were not that clean, women got infections from men who indulged in anal and vaginal sex.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:47 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Thats the most common take from woman on CD. Bisexual women incuded.. Vatnos seems the think its societal, I think it is probably a mix of instint and societal. I'm sure in ancient times when people were not that clean, women got infections from men who indulged in anal and vaginal sex.
But you have to know that many gay men will not date bisexual men either. They don't have any answers. It is what it is though. Just because I am supportive of gay right, it does not mean I am going to date a lesbian or a bisexual man. Can you at least agree with this?

Old 05-16-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Orphaned.
Orphaned.

You seem to think that sex for pleasure is hedonistic, amoral, or just downright bad apparently. I'm not sure if you realize the implications of this view if you applied it to everyone equally and not just bisexuals. Do you think that everyone should be asexual? That people should only have sex a few times in their lives--strictly to reproduce? Because that's what it sounds like you're saying.

You know that for most straight people, 99.99% of the orgasms they have are recreational? You think that's hedonistic? They're not trying to reproduce most of the time, they're just doing what feels good. Humans are programmed to want that pleasure, and we have a lot of excess energy and desire for it. Why not let people channel that desire into something that brings them closer together with someone else? Sex is an expression of love, and passion, and companionship among adults. I think sex is a beautiful thing, and I disagree that it should be limited in its expression. If 99.99% of the time it's recreational, and it's not going to be reproductive anyway, then why do you care what gender it's with? It shouldn't matter what gender it's with. The only reason you could care is if you're a controlling, stodgy, prejudiced old bastard who's outgrown his usefulness on this planet, and has nothing but contempt for people who show compassion for each other.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-23-2013 at 02:55 PM..

Old 05-16-2013, 04:09 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:

It's what we have been fed forever and it has worked for the most part. I have to catch myself when describing people. I promised myself I would stop doing so with their sexuality.

I have a friend who is bisexual. He is all "man". I have met other men who are 1's and 2' on the Kinsey scale but hadn't acted on it. I don't think acting on it would change their masculinity. We probably come across men and women who are not exclusively hetero every day and we wouldn't be able to tell. That's because, IMO, their way of being and mannerisms are not about who they are attracted to. It is based in the gender they identify with. A bi-sexual man or woman can still be all man or woman. At least, I think so.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:12 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
But you have to know that many gay men will not date bisexual men either. They don't have any answers. It is what it is though. Just because I am supportive of gay right, it does not mean I am going to date a lesbian or a bisexual man. Can you at least agree with this?
I completely agree with being supportive of rights for all consenting adults including Gays. without endulging in their lifestyles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships