Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 03:14 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
If I was to think about a woman for marriage and raising a family I would think about 19-24 to my 41 would be about right. At 18 she could still be in high school and that would be too strange. At 25 a woman is a quarter of Century old and gravity starts taking affect.
Quote:
" I would periodically get messages from men in their 60's and 70's "
Thats probably about the right age range for a 42 yo women. I would recomend that you switch your age range to 60 and up.

Even so, I'm 46 and no, no, 1,000 times no, am I getting with someone the same age as my current SO's parents and my ex in-laws. That is just gross.

P.S. When my friends and I were 19-24, a 41-year-old man was equally gross.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 03:15 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Range is 30-45, I'm 39. I'd say the problem is I'm not a "10" nor am I a size 2. Rather, I'm more like a 2 who is a size 10.

Actually, one of my good guy friends told me the biggest obstacle I would face trying to date in this area is I'm over 35. I have several good guy friends who I go out with on a regular basis so I'm not hurting for companionship, though I do miss being part of something bigger than myself.
I never realized my age was an obstacle because it never was before when I did online dating (late 20's-early 30's). When I tried it again at age 39 I was in for a wake up because guy after guy from around 35-50 would tell me I was too old or their profile stated something like 18-29. I understand the cream of the crop men (those who are handsome, wealthy and successful)being picky but the average overweight man with an average job or below average man? yet these men are still on dating sites. I would cringe when men older than my dad contacted me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I never really paid attention to the age ranges requested by men on online dating, but I've noticed more and more are in their mid to late 30s and their age range is 18-29. I mean, I haven't had luck dating regardless but I am curious to crossing that 3-0 barrier later this year is going to cut my chances down to nil.
I have noticed this more and more when doing online dating, like the older a man gets the more bizarre his age limits are. My loser ex is 45 and while browsing Match I saw his requirements were 18-25. There is no way he will even get a woman let alone a young woman. He makes little money, he lives with his parents, he's fat, he's ugly, he doesn't like most sex especially doing a certain act to a woman, he spends all his money and time playing video games and he's anti marriage. Who would want him? The only reason I gave him a chance was because years ago he was nothing like this but he is now.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:17 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I never really paid attention to the age ranges requested by men on online dating, but I've noticed more and more are in their mid to late 30s and their age range is 18-29. I mean, I haven't had luck dating regardless but I am curious to crossing that 3-0 barrier later this year is going to cut my chances down to nil.
It's hard to say. I did notice this past go around on Match that there seemed to be more men my age who had ranges above 35. When I'm out with either of my two closest girlfriends (one's here and one's in eastern WA), we are often asked if we are sisters and neither of them have any trouble with dating. One's 38 and the other 39.

After NWGuy died, I put up a very strong "Leave me the eff alone" wall and I think part of it is I've never figured out how to completely tear it down.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:21 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Even into my early 30's doing online dating I had a lot of responses. However at that point I was still modeling so that probably made a difference. Last time I did online (which will be the last time I am sure)I was depressed by the lack of quality men. Oh sure I still got a lot of responses, but so many were from men I would never consider like older men, divorced dads (or never married), men who were obviously mentally challenged, etc.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:27 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,533 times
I think I've decided to lower my cutoff age in dating to 28-29. I don't think it's fair to rule guys in their late 20s out of the picture.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:28 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Are you trying to have 8 kids?
No way. I was just having fun with a thread that is repeated too often .

Old 05-13-2013, 03:33 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I never realized my age was an obstacle because it never was before when I did online dating (late 20's-early 30's). When I tried it again at age 39 I was in for a wake up because guy after guy from around 35-50 would tell me I was too old or their profile stated something like 18-29. I understand the cream of the crop men (those who are handsome, wealthy and successful)being picky but the average overweight man with an average or below average man? yet these men are still on dating sites. I would cringe when men older than my dad contacted me.
Hate to say it, but you are a crap magnet. Also, some of this might be because you have never been married.

When I was 38 and divorced, I had men from 24 to 64 contacting me. Most of them were in the 32-48 range, and of those, some were average, some were falling apart (young ones, too, judging by their photos), some were sleazy, but most were decent human beings, healthy, fit, active, with good jobs and respectable lifestyles. I attracted a lot of clean-cut preppy guys, G-men, military officers who were closet liberals, academicians, attorneys, IT guys, engineers, director- or VP-level execs, and so on. Quite a few of them did things like ski, hike, compete in triathlons, and travel. Many of them were rather easy on the eyes. Most of them made at least $25K more than I did. Some made into the six figures.

Oh, oopsie. That's right. A lot of them wouldn't be worth your time because they were divorced or divorced with children.

But more than a few of them would be perfect by your standards.

If all you attract are sleazes, jerks, and weirdos, you have to wonder what it is they see in you.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:39 PM

39,199 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
military officers who were closet liberals.
A little off topic, but I love the way you describe people. Brilliant.

LOL @ military officers who were closet liberals. Still laughing.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:47 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
No way. I was just having fun with a thread that is repeated too often .
I think I should post a new thread. Should I change my age range since I am turning 35. That is an entirely different topic

Old 05-13-2013, 03:55 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,918,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Range is 30-45, I'm 39. I'd say the problem is I'm not a "10" nor am I a size 2. Rather, I'm more like a 2 who is a size 10.

Actually, one of my good guy friends told me the biggest obstacle I would face trying to date in this area is I'm over 35. I have several good guy friends who I go out with on a regular basis so I'm not hurting for companionship, though I do miss being part of something bigger than myself.
That seems like a reasonable age range, though if you're going to go 9 lower it probably wouldn't hurt to go 9 higher, too, rather than just 6 higher. I forget there are places where 35 and still single is viewed as old or as some kind of anomaly, though. Where are you? Have you considered moving?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships