Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 01:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times

Advertisements

My only issue really with obese women is how some of them would make excuses by saying they have "curves". Nope it's flab. I have bigger issues with obese men because so many are delusional and think they are average or that they have the right to attack normal sized women, and are rougher to larger women. I had one on a dating site send me a message about fat women and I sent him one back calling him a fay boy. A loser ex is on a dating site and at 5'8 os over 300 pounds yet lists himself as average.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 01:56 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I am really sorry to hear that. Why were your family encouraging it, did they not know your weight? When I saw 120 pounds and 6'1, then I got shocked cause it is what a 5'5 woman should weigh.

While a sickness might have brought your weight down, your low weight amplified your problems. The death rate for women with 15.7 in BMI is higher than woman with 40 in BMI. It is extremely unhealthy.
You don't think I knew all of that? But society places such a high value on thin that it doesn't matter if you're sick or unhealthy...just that you're skinny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
My only issue really with obese women is how some of them would make excuses by saying they have "curves". Nope it's flab. I have bigger issues with obese men because so many are delusional and think they are average or that they have the right to attack normal sized women, and are rougher to larger women. I had one on a dating site send me a message about fat women and I sent him one back calling him a fay boy. A loser ex is on a dating site and at 5'8 os over 300 pounds yet lists himself as average.
Why do you have an issue with it? So many women have low self esteem and feel bad about the way they look that it's extremely refreshing to me to see a woman who may not what society deems as sexy feel good about herself and proudly exclaim it.

I'm working on losing weight and it's VERY Difficult due to my disorder, but in the meantime I'm owning my 'fat' and I'm not going to let others make me feel bad about the way I look.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:58 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I understand, but how are you going to figure out who is just fat due to eating and not exercising and who has an underlying medical condition? I was sick for years before they figured out what was wrong with me... and many MANY doctors treat fat patients differently than their thin counterparts.
You are not. That is why I made a distinction within the insurance topic to distinguish over weightness from smoking.

Quote:
So now, we have people who very well could have undiagnosed medical conditions who are being treated as inferior because of their weight, which COULD be a symptom!
I am not certain who you think is being "considered inferior" or even what that means.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
You are not. That is why I made a distinction within the insurance topic to distinguish over weightness from smoking.

I am not certain who you think is being "considered inferior" or even what that means.
Obese/overweight people are considered inferior by doctors. Many of them may have undiagnosed medical issues that could be a reason for their weight but they're not being given the same opportunities for being diagnosed or being treated as their thinner counterparts.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:04 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
Quote:
You don't think I knew all of that? But society places such a high value on thin that it doesn't matter if you're sick or unhealthy...just that you're skinny.

Why do you have an issue with it? So many women have low self esteem and feel bad about the way they look that it's extremely refreshing to me to see a woman who may not what society deems as sexy feel good about herself and proudly exclaim it.

I'm working on losing weight and it's VERY Difficult due to my disorder, but in the meantime I'm owning my 'fat' and I'm not going to let others make me feel bad about the way I look.
Im sure you are nowhere near fat, JJ

Old 05-14-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Im sure you are nowhere near fat, JJ
I consider myself in that awkward in between place where I'm not technically obese, but I'm not thin either. I've got about 30 lbs left to lose and I think I'll be fairly content.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:07 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:

Because it isn't healthy and obesity will cause all of us to pay more. There is nothing healthy about someone who is fat but delusional.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:09 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,073,852 times
Quote:
I consider myself in that awkward in between place where I'm not technically obese, but I'm not thin either. I've got about 30 lbs left to lose and I think I'll be fairly content.
You are not even close to being obese. You are right now 180 pounds, which is a good weight. You need to gain 50 pounds to become obese and 10 pounds to be classified as overweight.

Your weight right now is healthy. In fact it is probably the healthiest weight, as the fat can protect you when you get sick or get in a car crash. Still if you want to look your best but remain healthy, aim for 150 pounds.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
You are not even close to being obese. You are right now 180 pounds, which is a good weight. You need to gain 50 pounds to become obese and 10 pounds to be classified as overweight.

Your weight right now is healthy. In fact it is probably the healthiest weight, as the fat can protect you when you get sick or get in a car crash. Still if you want to look your best but remain healthy, aim for 150 pounds.
I'm not at 180 lbs, I'm heavier than that. 150 lbs is not a good look for me...it's a bit too thin. My goal is 170.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:14 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
I'm not at 180 lbs, I'm heavier than that. 150 lbs is not a good look for me...it's a bit too thin. My goal is 170.

I am curious about something. What treatment has your doctor been able to offer you to aid in weight management? Or is it a matter of diet and exercise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships