Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 07:08 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I feel the need to ignore them.
In that case, this is probably the kindest thing to do.

In fact, in almost any woman's case, this is probably the kindest thing to do.

If you literally find it impossible to smile politely and say "I'm sorry, I'm not interested," then ignoring is your second best option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 07:11 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,471 times
Quote:
No it's not.
Believe what you want, I guess.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:17 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
In that case, this is probably the kindest thing to do.

In fact, in almost any woman's case, this is probably the kindest thing to do.

If you literally find it impossible to smile politely and say "I'm sorry, I'm not interested," then ignoring is your second best option.
I'm sorry, I don't bother with calculating the kindness factor. So yes it is impossible because I'm trying to let them down kindly when in essence that just isn't my style. I'm not trying to actively hurt their feelings. I don't want to always have to think in the back of my mind "Will she get mad". Nowadays, anybody will snap over anything. I just say what is on my mind. It hasn't steered me wrong thus far.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, I don't bother with calculating the kindness factor. So yes it is impossible because I'm trying to let them down kindly when in essence that just isn't my style. I'm not trying to actively hurt their feelings. I don't want to always have to think in the back of my mind "Will she get mad". Nowadays, anybody will snap over anything. I just say what is on my mind. It hasn't steered me wrong thus far.
Well, that's good news, I guess. (shrug)

Old 05-14-2013, 07:22 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Well not only that she may not take it well and badly hurt her feelings, she may actually hate you for being too direct to yell in vengence "" and you get to possibly visit the slammer.

And yes even I like to be straight, direct and blunt but not to hurt peoples feelings of something they didn't in this scenario do to hurt anyone.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:23 PM

332 posts, read 435,833 times
Quote:
I think it is polite to just say something generic like "I have a girlfriend" or "I have a lot of work to do" or even "Thanks, but I'm not interested". There is no reason to be mean about it when turning down someone. This goes for women too turning down men.

Now, if they specifically asked for your advice about how to improve their dating prospects, then you can be honest with them. Telling them that they are a special snowflake who doesn't have to change anything for anyone isn't going to help them at all. In this case, I would mention that they are overweight and need to improve their diet, and that they should go to the gym to lift weights and do cardio.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post
I think it is polite to just say something generic like "I have a girlfriend" or "I have a lot of work to do" or even "Thanks, but I'm not interested". There is no reason to be mean about it when turning down someone. This goes for women too turning down men.

Now, if they specifically asked for your advice about how to improve their dating prospects, then you can be honest with them. (snip)
Exactly. She's not asking for a all-inclusive life's assessment. She's just asking for a yes or a no.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:29 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post

Now, if they specifically asked for your advice about how to improve their dating prospects, then you can be honest with them. Telling them that they are a special snowflake who doesn't have to change anything for anyone isn't going to help them at all. In this case, I would mention that they are overweight and need to improve their diet, and that they should go to the gym to lift weights and do cardio.
Again, I'm not one for political correctness. I prefer to just turn my back on them and ignore them.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:33 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
girl: would you like to go out with me?
me: no
girl: why not?!?
me: because i am not interested in you romantically

case closed.
it doesn't need to be a in depth analysis of why it cant be for you. your intent and reason was stated, that's all that is needed to move on.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Again, I'm not one for political correctness. I prefer to just turn my back on them and ignore them.
I think you seriously need a hug. And maybe a cookie. (backing away) Well, anyway, here's a cookie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships