U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 02:29 AM

1,092 posts, read 870,283 times

Advertisements

Do you believe in soulmates?

Single - twin flame - theory. Or multiple potentials out there in the world?

When you met yours, how did you know, for sure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 02:34 AM

4,982 posts, read 3,425,791 times
Used to.
Not anymore

(heartbroken)

Old 05-14-2013, 02:39 AM

1,092 posts, read 870,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Used to.
Not anymore

(heartbroken)
are you sure he was your potential "soul mate" ?

couldn't it be another person ? or maybe there are a lot of good matches out there for u.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:33 AM

6,194 posts, read 5,363,641 times
I do but probably not in the context the term is being used in this thread.

I do not believe that out in the world is one specific person who is another specific person's "soul mate." That by some divine providence, there is that one perfect person just meant for me (or you, or whoever).

That said, I think that it is possible to find a soul mate. A person who's ideals, desires, goals, mindset, chemistry, etc, are so in line with yours that being with them forms a tremendous and rewarding harmony and relationship that grows, is joyful, and endures.

I suspect that due to the luck sometimes involved in meeting a person you want and have a great long term relationship with that it promotes the theory of a predestined soul mate, I really suspect the reality is a combination of luck, opportunity, and wise choice and actions.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:37 AM

4,231 posts, read 2,758,506 times
I believe I (and most people) are meant to fall in love an infinite amount of times in a lifetime. I've had multiple soul mates. All of them were unique and different from one another and were appropriate for the time and place they came into my life.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:53 AM

7,533 posts, read 6,135,635 times
I like R&B better.

Eww tough crowd.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:56 AM

33,758 posts, read 19,842,679 times
My perfect match is a hyper person.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:41 AM

12,130 posts, read 12,615,456 times
I'm not sure there's actually such a thing as "a soul mate" for each person. With the amount of people on the planet and the very limited chances of that soul mate being geographically within one's reach, much less roughly a compatible age as well as the circumstance of bumping into one another, plus the possibility that one could move away or get ill and die before they ever get a chance to meet, it would be a pretty cruel world if there were just one "soul mate" for each person

Old 05-14-2013, 10:44 AM

24,693 posts, read 19,060,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I do but probably not in the context the term is being used in this thread.

I do not believe that out in the world is one specific person who is another specific person's "soul mate." That by some divine providence, there is that one perfect person just meant for me (or you, or whoever).

That said, I think that it is possible to find a soul mate. A person who's ideals, desires, goals, mindset, chemistry, etc, are so in line with yours that being with them forms a tremendous and rewarding harmony and relationship that grows, is joyful, and endures.

I suspect that due to the luck sometimes involved in meeting a person you want and have a great long term relationship with that it promotes the theory of a predestined soul mate, I really suspect the reality is a combination of luck, opportunity, and wise choice and actions.
If that's the case, than wouldn't the person you end up with be your soulmate? Like if everything in your life was fate?

I think the idea there's only one person in the whole world for you is ridiculous.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:44 AM

7,533 posts, read 6,135,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'm not sure there's actually such a thing as "a soul mate" for each person. With the amount of people on the planet and the very limited chances of that soul mate being geographically within one's reach, much less roughly a compatible age as well as the circumstance of bumping into one another, plus the possibility that one could move away or get ill and die before they ever get a chance to meet, it would be a pretty cruel world if there were just one "soul mate" for each person
You funny!!

"You're too late. We buried them yesterday."

"NOooooooo!!!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships