Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 06:15 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
It happened to me to. Even I don't act uninterested. But it is 1-7 who approach. Not 8-10. If I approach I can choice who. If you somehow manage to be approached by women you like, and you look uninterested, respect for you. So another huge minus for yours theory.
If 7's are approaching you, then I'd say you are doing pretty good.

Okay, I have up to 10s approaching me myself.

But that is good. Most men seem to only have 1-3s.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:05 PM

39,205 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Best post I've read in a while. While games will work short term and in a very unhealthy way, they will kill any relationship in the long run.. She said it perfectly and I have to give reps..

I agree with the second bolded part too..If some women tries to play games with me, then that causes ME to lose interest..I find honestly, vulnerability, kindness and non game playing girls very sexy..

People in general are only going to put up with so much. You can't expect to treat someone awful (games) and think that they are going to stick around forever..Just doesn't work, and that includes men and women. People want to be loved/ treated good in the end. Even the real unhealthy ones. But that's just my opinion on it..
Your girlfriend is lucky to have you in her life.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:32 AM

227 posts, read 420,484 times
I find men who "ignore" women are generally insecure. I won't chase after a man who wants to sit back and let a woman do all the work to get them. Its actually very unattractive.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:33 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNP24 View Post
I find men who "ignore" women are generally insecure. I won't chase after a man who wants to sit back and let a woman do all the work to get them. Its actually very unattractive.
Equally as unattractive as men who chase women around. I find those type of men extremely unattractive. Desperate.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:43 AM

896 posts, read 1,476,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
If 7's are approaching you, then I'd say you are doing pretty good.

Okay, I have up to 10s approaching me myself.

But that is good. Most men seem to only have 1-3s.
And in this world you live in, those 10's are asking you for what?

Cuz if they are ordering a salad to go and two happy meals, then YOU DA MAN!

Old 05-15-2013, 10:18 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Equally as unattractive as men who chase women around. I find those type of men extremely unattractive. Desperate.
I just think that in the 21st century you would think that traditional notions of courtship would be dead and buried and women would be prepared to do some of the work. That there are some women out there who think so gives me hope but it still surprises me how many so modern/feminist type women still like to sit on their hands and make the guys do all the legwork.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post
Beauty is common. When men realize that, their dating lives will improve drastically.
(cue the sound of a hammer hitting the head of a nail)

Old 05-15-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
That's key. If you want a desperate woman to come limping over to beg for attention, any little bit of attention at all, this method works wonders.

I'm not saying you're unattractive, TJenkins. You may be quite cute, I don't know. I'm more addressing the whole "ignore them and they will come" thing.

You go to a bar or what-have-you, you'll find SOME woman who will come over for attention, even drunken attention if that's what it takes. That's what bars are for.

I have never been one of those women...thank God. I feel bad for them. It's not that I'm gorgeous or anything, I'm not. It's just that I'd never resort to skulking around bars waiting for some guy who's just sitting there rather than going for the attractive woman, so that I can find that little bit of attention.

If it came to that, I'd rather get a cat.
This could be one of the posts that I have edited. (Noticing a change in wording)

I'm more of an advocate for approaching a woman and if she rejects, move on.

I'm just trying to understand what he is saying. Some of us struggling men will figure. "Oh, if we see a woman we are attracted to, we should just act like they are nothing so they could come to us."

That isn't how it works. Our subconscious minds pick up on games. Some people could pick up on that type of game.

I am saying that I've had it happen before. But that was when I really wasn't expecting it. (I wasn't dressed for it, I was in no shape for it, etc. ) Maybe I was busy or preoccupied with someone else. Often times when that happens, I'm not all that amused.

I don't really think that it is THE best way to get a woman, even though it may work. Then again, bars aren't the best place to find a WHOLE person.

And I've had women of various walks and various qualities approach me in various places. I don't think it was because I was ignoring them. I don't think this has anything to do with attractiveness either. When I think back to it (think back, like I'm old ), it was when I was working towards some goals and I was also satisfied with my life. Either way, there is much more to it than simply ignoring them in my experience.

I think what the OP might mean to say is simply, don't pedestalize "hot" women. Talk to hot women like you'd talk to anyone else.

BTW, I grew up with cats.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
And in this world you live in, those 10's are asking you for what?

Cuz if they are ordering a salad to go and two happy meals, then YOU DA MAN!

...in the World of East Valley AZ (yes, you are right, it is a strange world I live in).

they don't ask...

... they insist.

I keep telling some of the struggling boys on this forum, come to east valley AZ, anyone can get something over here.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan_Is_A_Loser View Post
I think it works both ways. Obviously there are lots of bad boys who get women by approaching them, because women like confidence. But for every man a hot woman chooses to date, she's probably turned down 100 other men. So yes, a bad boy can attract a woman because of his confidence. On the other hand a woman will often take interest in a guy who ignores her, or ignores her beauty. A man who has his own life and doesn't need a woman or sex to be happy, often seems "mysterious and different," and many women also find this attractive. I've had this happen to me quite a few times. If I make it clear that I don't want a woman, women won't take no for an answer and will keep coming to me. Of course, many of them just move on, but some of them seem to be more attracted to me simply because I'm not looking for sex or relationships.
Okay, so she's turned down 100 other men. Life goes on.

This thread to me pretty much boils down to not being "needy."

I always say play to your strengths.

I would put it this way

You don't have to "ignore" hot women. You can still approach women if you don't come off as a needy dog. If she rejects you, so what?

If you have a contented and peaceful air about you, you may seem a bit more attractive to women to the point where some might even approach you.

Something to that effect, maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships