Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2013, 05:39 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,123,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Being hit on by a gay man is better than nothing, because at least it means that someone felt you were attractive enough to hit on you. It may not help you any in that it can't possibly lead to a date, but at least it's flattering. I honestly can't comprehend seeing this as an insult instead of a compliment.

Not even remotely. Some of us can accept a compliment without becoming hilariously uncomfortable.

So a guy is disrespecting you by complimenting you? Your brain continues to baffle me.
If getting hit on by guy men makes you feel good, then you need to go head and come out the closet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 05:43 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times
so I'm a homophobe because I don't BLUSH when gay men compliment me?

Old 05-17-2013, 05:44 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
If getting hit on by guy men makes you feel good, then you need to go head and come out the closet.

Exactly, just come out the closet and be done with it

Old 05-17-2013, 05:54 AM

1,672 posts, read 2,869,255 times
Dude if being stared at, hit on by a gay guy is your biggest issue in life then your lucky. People complain about to most petty things now days.

14Bricks and WestPhillyDude75...... Grow up. You not proving s**t by trying to be all hard on a internet message board. IF this is how you act in real life. I would bet no female with any self respect wont give neither one of you the time of day, much less look at you.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:08 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,123,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
Dude if being stared at, hit on by a gay guy is your biggest issue in life then your lucky. People complain about to most petty things now days.

14Bricks and WestPhillyDude75...... Grow up. You not proving s**t by trying to be all hard on a internet message board. IF this is how you act in real life. I would bet no female with any self respect wont give neither one of you the time of day, much less look at you.
No I do get women, that's what straight heterosexual men do. We go after women, we care what women think. That's why I don't have to rely on gay dudes to build my self esteem like some of these losers around here. Get a clue.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:43 AM

1,672 posts, read 2,869,255 times
Quote:
No I do get women, that's what straight heterosexual men do. We go after women, we care what women think. That's why I don't have to rely on gay dudes to build my self esteem like some of these losers around here. Get a clue.
Sure you do kid, but yet you felt the need to post in a thread that had nothing to do about being hit on by a women.

Again when you finally either grow up or decided to grow up you will realize that any these type of complements are harmless and has no effect on your "manhood" whatever the f**k that mean.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:32 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,354,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycruben87 View Post
Hi there, I'm a 26 year old Latino guy from New York City and I'm constantly getting hit on by gay men> This happens mostly on public transportation (subways and buses) and its getting annoying, not to mention I get offended by it because I'm totally straight and I have no interest in men at all. Any advice on what to do to prevent this? Or maybe its something on the way I dress that's giving off a false vibe to those people? I really don't know why this keeps happening to me but its getting annoying and one of these days I'm gonna end up cursing one of those guys out in front of everyone. That's how annoying this is starting to become.

Oh and please if ya gonna comment this, don't give me no stupid/dumb or irrelevant comments, if you're the one to comment BS I would prefer you keep your comments to yourself. Thanks
It's probably just straight men staring at the women near you and you're so stuck on yourself you think they are looking at you. So stop standing next to good looking women.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:36 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,704,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Yes because a gay man complimenting a straight man in public is not normal behavior
Sure, if the gay man knows the other man is straight. But if he doesn't, maybe he figures he might as well take a chance. And in most cases, he'll just be politely turned down, and not punched in the face by someone who can't take a compliment.
Quote:
It's not being hit on by gay men that makes me feel good, it's knowing that someone, regardless of their gender, finds me attractive. I'd also be flattered to be hit on by a woman I'm not even remotely attracted to, even though the chances of a date in that case are exactly the same as if it were a gay man: zero. We're not talking about a guy trying to force sex on you, just another person complimenting you. I can't figure out how being complimented can be so horribly offensive to you guys, unless you just really hate gay people.

And actually, in the OP's case we're not even talking about men complimenting you, but only looking at you.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:09 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,589,494 times
Quote:
Come out as what? A non-bigot who is comfortable enough in his heterosexuality that he doesn't feel threatened by gay people?

It's actually far more common that homophobic people such as yourself are closeted gay people. Secure straight people generally aren't bothered by people of other sexual orientations.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:11 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,589,494 times
Quote:
You can take your P.C. Crap somewhere else, because I really don't give a damn. Calling somebody a homophobe may work on sheep that doesn't work on me.
It's not about being PC, it's about observing the reality in front of us. Based on your posts in this thread, his calling you a homophobe is about as "PC" as calling the grass green or the sky blue. If you don't want to be called one, stop being one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships