Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 07:07 AM

114 posts, read 214,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
One of the silliest dating rules you’ve probably heard of is Wait Three Days to Call. After a date, it is a social faux-pas for a man to call a woman right away. Never mind if the date was really good, and both interested parties would like to see each other sooner. And if waiting three days causes the interested female anxiety and she is left wondering if she did something wrong, so be it. Waiting the prerequisite Three Days is a dating must. Another rather popular dating rule that has been slightly adapted to suit feminist standards is A Man Must Pay on the First Date. This is a traditional dating rule. Although it is now socially acceptable for a woman to offer to go dutch, the man must never take her up on this offer. These are the dumbest dating rules people are following nowadays. Believe it or not.

This man is perhaps just following the silly dating rules posted on Askmen.com

If you are interested enough, call him. "Hey, Rick, I had a great time with you. We should go out again sometimes, what do you think?"

Call him. At least you get your closure. You have nothing to lose.

If someone went out on a date and likes the other person, and gets a call after 3 days, do you seriously think they will be thinking: oh he/she is following the silly 3-day call rule?

The 3 day rule is simply social etiquette to avoid confusion, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 07:14 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg323 View Post
If someone went out on a date and likes the other person, and gets a call after 3 days, do you seriously think they will be thinking: oh he/she is following the silly 3-day call rule?

The 3 day rule is simply social etiquette to avoid confusion, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Avoid confusion? How so?

If the person is following silly dating rules, that person is playing games. It is really that simple.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Avoid confusion? How so?

If the person is following silly dating rules, that person is playing games. It is really that simple.

So if a man opens the door for a woman, he is playing games?

Old 05-16-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
So if a man opens the door for a woman, he is playing games?
You really don't make any sense right now G.

If the man opens the door for a woman because he is a gentleman, he is not playing games.

But if the man opens the door for a woman because he follows the silly dating rules posted on askmen.com or random magazines, yes, he is playing games.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
You really don't make any sense right now G.

If the man opens the door for a woman because he is a gentleman, he is not playing games.

But if the man opens the door for a woman because he follows the silly dating rules posted on askmen.com or random magazines, yes, he is playing games.
LF I often follow the 3 day rule. Not every time, but sometimes. That does not necessarily mean I am playing.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
LF I often follow the 3 day rule. Not every time, but sometimes. That does not necessarily mean I am playing.
Okay. So even if you miss the girl so much, you won't call her because you have to follow the 3 day rule. Am I correct?

Old 05-16-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Okay. So even if you miss the girl so much, you won't call her because you have to follow the 3 day rule. Am I correct?
No. But that does not necessarily mean I will have a better chance the relationship will work.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:02 AM

Sometimes the 3day rule feels to me very healthy, quiet. I have my own life to live, I like you, and I will call you back in a few days. It prevents rush, and eliminates delay. It's nice.

It would be worse without, because let's face it: Without rules, there's chaos.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:35 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,590 times
Quote:
Avoid confusion? How so?

Couldnt agree more lily lol.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
No. But that does not necessarily mean I will have a better chance the relationship will work.
I guess at the end of the day, you just have to do what is the BEST for you. Nobody need to listen to my advice and I respect different opinions.

However, I can tell you that in my experience, every single time I played games, I felt miserable. Every single time I played games with the men, they got turned off. Every.single.time without fail.

I can only speak for myself. I certainly don't represent all women. I do value and respect your opinion and thank you for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships