Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2013, 03:34 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I hear ya. And I wasn't implying you were annoying or anything, my story was unrelated to your post. But I felt the need to acknowledge your post, as I absolutely understand where you were coming from.
I added the story to show that some women can and will do things as a sexual advance, and they have no repercussions. Women have many more available methods of seduction available to them then men. If they do so choose to. Some women would never grab a mans junk. Some women wouldnt grab a man's butt. I have had both occur to me. And on more than one occasion. If a woman does such things, it isn't a big deal. If a man grabs a butt or especially grabs a woman below the belt when it isn't reciprocated, it is a really big deal.
It's a big deal only because they make it a big deal.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:37 PM

332 posts, read 435,917 times
Funny how hardly anyone will acknowledge how some women will just bend over for Rock Stars or Tiger Woods without worrying about STDs, whether they orgasm or not, pregnancy, or their safety, while making normal men court her for months on end.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:42 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post
Funny how hardly anyone will acknowledge how some women will just bend over for Rock Stars or Tiger Woods without worrying about STDs, whether they orgasm or not, pregnancy, or their safety, while making normal men court her for months on end.
Eh, what about men who fantasize of celebrities but will dump normal women as soon as things get a bit hard?

Old 05-15-2013, 03:52 PM

3,984 posts, read 5,014,494 times
Quote:
I hear ya. And I wasn't implying you were annoying or anything, my story was unrelated to your post. But I felt the need to acknowledge your post, as I absolutely understand where you were coming from.
I added the story to show that some women can and will do things as a sexual advance, and they have no repercussions. Women have many more available methods of seduction available to them then men. If they do so choose to. Some women would never grab a mans junk. Some women wouldnt grab a man's butt. I have had both occur to me. And on more than one occasion. If a woman does such things, it isn't a big deal. If a man grabs a butt or especially grabs a woman below the belt when it isn't reciprocated, it is a really big deal.
Thanks, man...I gotcha now! I'm kind of giggling over it...ok...so...

You're right about that though...it doesn't really translate if it's reversed. I don't really like how litigious our world is today...I also don't like how some people think they are entitled to do whatever they like. I'd like to see more balance but I'm sure I'm not the one to figure out how that takes place.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:53 PM

13,649 posts, read 9,708,585 times
Quote:
Annoying friend had drinks, got horny, and grabbed my junk in the car on the way home. I wanted no part of that, and I told her as nicely as I could, "this isnt happening".
After annoying friend exited car, my old friend said, "wow, I'm impressed, most guys hook up with her. They don't really care about her personality or looks."
So, if annoying, and somewhat not attractive woman can reach between a guys legs and hook up most of the time, then I believe it is easier for all women across the board to have sex if they want it.
If a guy reaches between a womans legs and gives a rub, he gets slapped or goes to jail.
It really is that simple.
The "annoying girl" was determined and outgoing. Her actions might have been crass, foolish and utterly indecent, but they were aggressive.

The key idea, I think, is that aggressive people - regardless of gender or looks - are going to disproportionately get their way in social situations. If the "annoying girl" were passive and just waited around in the hope that guys would hit on her, well, they wouldn't; and she would not be enjoying sexual relations.

But as others have said, there is however a gender asymmetry in this sense: outrageous behavior among women is less grossly punished than similar behavior by men. A woman behaving in the above example might be socially censured, but she would not be risking criminal conviction, whereas a man would.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
The "annoying girl" was determined and outgoing. Her actions might have been crass, foolish and utterly indecent, but they were aggressive.

The key idea, I think, is that aggressive people - regardless of gender or looks - are going to disproportionately get their way in social situations. If the "annoying girl" were passive and just waited around in the hope that guys would hit on her, well, they wouldn't; and she would not be enjoying sexual relations.

But as others have said, there is however a gender asymmetry in this sense: outrageous behavior among women is less grossly punished than similar behavior by men. A woman behaving in the above example might be socially censured, but she would not be risking criminal conviction, whereas a man would.
And if a man were to press charges, he would be laughed out of the courtroom by the judge, the prosecutors, the jury, and the press.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:57 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,678 times
Quote:
So? Are you saying you wouldn't be more likely to do anything a gorgeous model wanted than you would for some random frumpy normal woman? I didn't realize you were somehow exempt from normal human behavior.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:00 PM

3,984 posts, read 5,014,494 times
Quote:
Dude, SOME women are like that...while SOME men have their issues. Why do you insist on saying no one acknowledges these things...we've all seen groupies...you just seem so dead set on making all women seem like a bunch of no-good floozies. Get over it.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:01 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
You said it's just as easy for men to get undesirable women to have sex as it is for women to get undesirable men to have sex, right?

It all comes down to standards then.

...Plus, if anyone was willing to have sex with someone undesirable, then they are not undesirable in the first place, right? At least on the physical level.
Actually, I said it is just as easy for women to get sex from men they don't desire for whatever reason including, she doesn't trust him, she doesn't want to ruin her reputation, she isn't satisfied by hit-and-run sex, she isn't in the mood or she isn't attracted to him. Men can get sex just as easy from women they don't desire for whatever reason.

And I do not agree with your last statement. Most men can perform sexually and be satisfied without being attracted to the woman in question. It is the basis of countless misogynistic jokes and derogatory expressions.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
So? Are you saying you wouldn't be more likely to do anything a gorgeous model wanted than you would for some random frumpy normal woman?
Nope. I just do my own thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
I didn't realize you were somehow exempt from normal human behavior.
I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships