Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 04:21 PM

2,423 posts, read 4,294,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Think of it as an awesome experience and how cool it is to have a friend in another country you can visit. Sometimes you just hit it off with someone. It'll happen again
Yeah definitely been a great experience. I told him I am definitely gonna make plans to visit him in his country. I also told him that whenever he wants to come back and visit he can bring his wife and they can totally crash at my place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 04:25 PM

114 posts, read 214,171 times
For me I felt my friend and I really clicked. There was no physical desire. It was entirely platonic. We came off really well together to others, in particular girls, and both of us got lucky. Somehow our chemistry locked women unto us. It was wild. Road tripping, free as the wind, and not a worry in sight.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:27 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,300,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
So my mother received an international student that is my age and he is only here for a week and half. She told me I should go over one day to meet him as she thinks we would hit it off really well. So I met him and the guy is totally cool! Point being I have hung out with him (with other people included) and have gone out of my way to hang out with him almost everyday for a week. It's great we talk about life, our countries, women, cars, sports, etc. Definitely a very special person that I know if he lived here we would be best friends. Love the dude!

Not gay and not attracted to him in that way at all, but it's been a really intense friendship we have created in a period of less than a week. I guess I just find it odd cause never have bonded with someone so quickly, especially a male. Those fast intense relationships that happen in a weeks time have happened with women and only because it was more than a friendship.

Well point is he is going back to his country this weekend and I am actually really really bummed, almost as if a best friend that I have known for years was to leave the country. I have never experienced this. Have i just gone through a bromance? I know it's kind of silly, but like I said never had had such an intense and great friendship be built and want to hangout with someone so much as a friend in such a short period of time.
It sounds like you had a really good friendship. I don't think I'd call it a bromance though. I'm just not comfortable with that term, tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg323 View Post
For me I felt my friend and I really clicked. There was no physical desire. It was entirely platonic. We came off really well together to others, in particular girls, and both of us got lucky. Somehow our chemistry locked women unto us. It was wild. Road tripping, free as the wind, and not a worry in sight.
Right, same here. There is zero physical attraction and purely platonic. We have just clicked and have really good chemistry as friends.

114 posts, read 214,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
The Germans used to call this "True Freindship". It figures in their literature (I think there are these relationships in some of Herman Hesse's novellas, not sexual, just a form of brotherhood, deep bonds betw. males).
I'm sure trench warfare is propice to some serious male bonding.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:30 PM

22,181 posts, read 29,140,378 times
Bromance, LOL..Come on. You clicked with a guy friend and that's hard to find. Make sure you guys keep in touch. Sounds like a lifelong friendship is building. Good for you

Old 05-16-2013, 04:44 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,044,329 times
You just developed a strong bond with someone, Its not a bromance until you go on an adventure somewhere exotic, like trying to find lost gold in ancient ruins or taking a cross country drive.

On a serious note, keep in touch with your friend. You can always visit him on vacation and see more of the world, what his country and life is like. Let it be the start of something not the end. I work with international communities and people and it shows you how big and varied this world really is.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
You just developed a strong bond with someone, Its not a bromance until you go on an adventure somewhere exotic, like trying to find lost gold in ancient ruins or taking a cross country drive.

On a serious note, keep in touch with your friend. You can always visit him on vacation and see more of the world, what his country and life is like. Let it be the start of something not the end. I work with international communities and people and it shows you how big and varied this world really is.
Totally agree. Definitely not the end! Luckily, my job is very global and we are opening an office in his country this year, so hopefully my job will take me for a period of time there so I can at least take a few days off to visit him!

Old 05-16-2013, 05:00 PM

5,900 posts, read 10,476,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls jaun View Post
yep, sounds like a bromance to me. You don't check out his rear end or anything like that, do you? that may mean something else.
lol

Old 05-16-2013, 05:01 PM

5,900 posts, read 10,476,709 times
Love this kind of bond between males. Its so cute
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships