Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 06:23 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I don't know what your standards are to say if they are unrealistic or not. But you should not listen to people who are not living your life and are not going to love your husband for you. You don't have to be married by a certain age. You want what you want and if it means you have to wait and you're OK with that, then so be it. Quality men don't fall out of the sky all day long. They take a little longer to find.
Listen to this lady, op. She knows what she is talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 06:23 PM

752 posts, read 1,164,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post
Here's the general line of thinking on here:

Woman's standards: Can never be high enough! Don't settle for anyone or compromise on anything. You are a special snowflake who doesn't have to change yourself for anyone.

Men's standards: You are too picky! Lower your standards! Stop approaching 10s! Ask out that obese woman! You aren't entitled to anything from a woman! Improve yourself so you have something to offer!
Rather will fall dead then approach out of shape women. Why I lift entire life? I was along way approached hundreds times by 1-6/10 women. I’m sure many just slight above average looking guys are. I never ever didn’t sleep with any of them
Really nice to see that women have same problem to find someone they like. So many times I saw good looking women with ugly man. Evidentially not all women are blind.

Last edited by tipitop; 05-16-2013 at 06:35 PM..

Old 05-16-2013, 06:50 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
the only basic standard for girls your age is it being male and interested in you. the rest is and should be set by your own personal tastes and interests.

stop all this lower higher crap. accept YOUR own standard and start enjoying life.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:56 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Put up your picture and we can tell you. Sorry, but thats how it works.
^^^^^^^^^

Old 05-16-2013, 07:19 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
OP just go with your heart and throw out the materalistic high standard garbage etc. Be openminded. Some of the best, loving long lasting relationships ive had were with wemon who by society standards weren't pretty, but man where they great ppl. Be with someone because you want to be with that person. Not what can a person give me. Don't you think its time to change our thinking? The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again but expecting dif results. And what has been the results of the same tired standards and ideals? Look to our society, highest divorce rates in the world(he or she didnt make my high standards or made me happy, me, me,me)

Old 05-17-2013, 06:08 AM

15 posts, read 32,890 times
Wow! If you don't maintain the standards that you think are important, then you will ALWAYS wonder if you're with the right guy. Your standards represent YOU. Who cares what other people think! It's your life, not theirs.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:14 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kateliny View Post
Oh believe it! Trust me! I have seen some! And I guess they want me to do the same since many of my friends have settled down. I don't know how they manage to sleep next to the guy every night. It's amazing.
Well, to tell the true, i do know couples (though older than us) that have settled, many of them. I just thought it was a past generation thing, like when the social pressure to get married and yada yada was MUCH stronger than now. I thought our generation didnt do that.

Anyways, girl, DONT EVER SETTLE! You dont need to

Old 05-17-2013, 06:16 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
It's absolutely true, what world do you live? The less attractive a woman is, the less standards she can have.
I live in a world in where fun, charming, smart and interesting women get the best men!!

Old 05-17-2013, 06:17 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I live in a world in where fun, charming, smart and interesting women get the best men!!
LOl love it. Agree

Old 05-17-2013, 06:38 AM

752 posts, read 1,164,904 times
Quote:
And what is best men? I hope smart, charming, fun. I really wish you an out of shape and smart, charming, fun man.

Quote:
Anyways, girl, DONT EVER SETTLE! You dont need to
Is I understand world male, female target 5% of female, male. So 95% of all male, female, will have to settle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships