Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 09:14 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
And I'm a German supermodel
Are you really Heidi Klum?......

Wanna party?......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 11:22 PM

296 posts, read 571,643 times
Ok I'm officially retiring from this forum for my own sanity as well as the mental health of everyone else on this board who is tired of hearing from me! No matter how bad it gets, I shall persevere...hopefully.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:00 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
Ok I'm officially retiring from this forum for my own sanity as well as the mental health of everyone else on this board who is tired of hearing from me! No matter how bad it gets, I shall persevere...hopefully.
You drive me nuts, but that being said, I really do hope you find a woman that you can connect with, I think we all deserve that...

Best of luck to you.... and please try and not let the short thing ruin your life.. I say this in a friendly way and not trying to being an a hole to you....

Old 08-02-2013, 12:11 AM

688 posts, read 897,399 times
There are successful people and unsuccessful people. However, every blind squirrel finds a nut. (hopefully not a literal "nut")

If you put yourself out there, you will be found. Patience and/or persistence is key.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:38 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
My then 70 year old grandfather got a date and later a marriage. He's not loaded. So can you.

This forum is eye-opening. I have no confidence, I rarely approach and rarely ask for a date - approximately once in every tenth blue moon.

And I find I've done very well in my limited number of attempts. Some would say that I am prone to making Type II errors.

So yes, there is a great deal to be said for going out there and trying.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:34 PM

107 posts, read 116,476 times
And it is also impossible to meet someone in the suburbs.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:15 PM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
..........I don't know if this would hold true for me, a short, below-average looking asian dude, but I always wonder if I'm just undateable.
I thought of you yesterday, Short Doctor. I had a couple come in and apply. Pretty Caucasian wife with a lovely personality, married to a short oriental man with well below average looks, poor command of English, and a rather limited income.

The man was smoking hot sexy. He was extremely confident, ready smile, laughed easily, nice friendly personality, nothing negative about his attitude, beautiful posture and he moved like a panther. I was wondering why the wife wasn't carrying around a buggy whip to keep the other women off of him. Seriously. This short below average oriental guy had it going on major league.

So, I suspect that your basic problem is not that you are short, oriental, and below average in looks.

Bodies can be trained to have the posture and the movement. Good posture and good movement enhance confidence. Good manners can be learned. Personality, well, that can be an issue, because it's not really possible to change personality, but it is possible to learn to be more positive.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:44 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,291 times
Quote:
Yep. Jet I'm going to marry the trash man. He knows how to get down and dirty.
LOL, didn't you know, the trash man is one of the richest guys around! I was watching this show, talking about the unions and municipal expenditures and such, and they profiled one garbage man, that , once all overtime is accounted for, made $100,000 per year! The guy was a competing bodybuilder as a hobby!

Don't underestimate various jobs. there's a HUGE pro-paperwork/bureaucrat, anti-physical/hand/hard work bias in our culture. But the reality is those guys often make a lot more.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:03 PM

6 posts, read 17,513 times
ShortDoctor, why not limb lengthening?

You certainly have the funds for it.

You can learn more here: makemetaller.org

Old 08-16-2013, 03:20 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,957,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony237 View Post
ShortDoctor, why not limb lengthening?

You certainly have the funds for it.

You can learn more here: makemetaller.org

No offence, they can only work with what they are given and can only lengthen him so much. He is never going to be a tall guy.

Plus its highly dangerous & he would need to leave his practise and be bed ridden for a bit while he heals. And you know how he feels about that precious practise of his.

IMO he needs to accept himself for who he is and LOVE himself. If you cant love your own self, aint nobody gonna love you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships