U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 05-17-2013, 09:54 AM
 
752 posts, read 900,157 times
Reputation: 397

Advertisements

As I’m concerned pale skin is sexy. There is reason why exist “pale skin” department at xxx sites. Yet so many women use tanning all time. Same women always hotter with liter skin color for me.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-17-2013, 09:55 AM
 
Location: NY
9,010 posts, read 14,224,428 times
Reputation: 11370
Just different strokes for different folks.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2013, 09:55 AM
 
25,419 posts, read 24,195,752 times
Reputation: 23864
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
As I’m concerned pale skin is sexy. There is reason why exist “pale skin” department at xxx sites. Yet so many women use tanning all time. Same women always hotter with liter skin color for me.
A pale skin department at xxx sites? What is that?

Anyway, the answer to your question: because everyone is different and every man is not you.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2013, 09:59 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 43,211,334 times
Reputation: 11862
Tanning has been a fashion but there might be a swing in the other direction as people worry more about getting skin cancer.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2013, 09:59 AM
 
752 posts, read 900,157 times
Reputation: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
A pale skin department at xxx sites? What is that?

Anyway, the answer to your question: because everyone is different and every man is not you.
It is where pale skin girls pose naked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Tanning has been a fashion but there might be a swing in the other direction as people worry more about getting skin cancer.
I said and will again. Pale skin is sexy for me. Not only health reason.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2013, 10:01 AM
 
Location: NY
9,010 posts, read 14,224,428 times
Reputation: 11370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Tanning has been a fashion but there might be a swing in the other direction as people worry more about getting skin cancer.
I am kind of susprised that skin cancer has not seriously cut down on the amount of tanning in general already!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2013, 10:02 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
1,512 posts, read 2,547,518 times
Reputation: 2218
Darker skin some men want.
Lighter skin other men want.
Too old am I to care as long as they are bare.

-- Yoda
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2013, 10:03 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 43,211,334 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I am kind of susprised that skin cancer has not seriously cut down on the amount of tanning in general already!
Well there's fake, but I still see people with pale skin (the type that burns and doesn't tan) in 40C at the beach and shake my head.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2013, 10:36 AM
 
Location: State of Transition
72,873 posts, read 64,312,187 times
Reputation: 68757
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
As I’m concerned pale skin is sexy. There is reason why exist “pale skin” department at xxx sites. Yet so many women use tanning all time. Same women always hotter with liter skin color for me.
Go for the women who aren't into tanning. There are plenty of those around. Tanning is very damaging to the skin. A lot of women are smart enough to avoid it.

Tanning became fashionable when fashion designer Coco Chanel came back from a winter vacation with a tan. Suddenly having a tan became a status symbol, whereas previous to that (it was sometime in the 1920's or 1930's) having pale skin was the status symbol, because it meant that women didn't have to work outdoors doing common labor or farming. After Chanel, having a tan indicated that one had enough money for vacations to tropical climates. The false belief also arose that having a tan was "healthy".
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2013, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
21,484 posts, read 22,741,215 times
Reputation: 45233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Go for the women who aren't into tanning. There are plenty of those around. Tanning is very damaging to the skin. A lot of women are smart enough to avoid it.

Tanning became fashionable when fashion designer Coco Chanel came back from a winter vacation with a tan. Suddenly having a tan became a status symbol, whereas previous to that (it was sometime in the 1920's or 1930's) having pale skin was the status symbol, because it meant that women didn't have to work outdoors doing common labor or farming. After Chanel, having a tan indicated that one had enough money for vacations to tropical climates. The false belief also arose that having a tan was "healthy".
That, and some women spend a lot of time outdoors (even with sunscreen,) or they think their skin looks more even and less blotchy with some self-tanner applied. They're probably not thinking about what turns on some random dude on the internet.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top